Laptop Computers

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
Moderately dumb question:

Is my 2018 MacBook Pro 15’ going to be able to 40 man raid in WoW classic?

i7
16gig ram
Ssd
Amd 555 4gb video

I assumed the answer was yes but I’ll be on fucking WoW classic website in the dressing room and the web page complains it’s using too much memory. I had 6-7 pages open the other day going through WoW shit and I thought the computer was going to melt to death.

Is there some ram differential between web load and gaming load? I don’t know anything about that.

Concerned.

Pretend its 1999. Turn every setting down and youll have to look at the ground the entire time. While doing this, absolutely ZERO other programs running.

Partical effects at 0 for sure and clip plane at 0 for decent stuff.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I was reading about this Predator Triton 900 yesterday. It is pretty fucking beastly if you want to spend the $$$$

View attachment 218164

I had not seen that Laptop, so thank you for the link.

It is over priced for what you get. I am not sure I want to pay an extra $750.00 for a rotating touch screen. I guess it might make for an interesting shooting game if targeting worked simply by touching where I wanted it to shoot. I can only imagine how long that screen would not last using that method of play. This reminds me of Alienware which has a so-so reputation for good builds. They look awesome but sometimes come with hardware issues. I have an ASUS that I bought in 2012. It still works like the first day I bought it. That is the quality I look for when spending this kind of money.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
I ran WoW raids on a 2015 MBP with an onboard video card, Iris Pro 5100 or something like that. A more modern discrete card will do just fine using potato graphics.

• 1Like

Superhiro

Silver Knight of the Realm
Got the 2019 Razer blade stealth last month. Seriously the sexiest laptop I've ever seen. I don't think I've ever been so happy with a computer purchase.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That is one of the ones I am looking at. Glad to hear it appears to be a good laptop.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So after careful deliberation, I chose my laptop.

ASUS - ROG G703GX 17.3" Gaming Laptop - Intel Core i7 - 32GB Memory - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 - 1TB+8GB Hybrid HDD + 512GB SSD - Gray/Copper

That will last me many years without concern of slow game play.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mick

<Gold Donor>
So after careful deliberation, I chose my laptop.

ASUS - ROG G703GX 17.3" Gaming Laptop - Intel Core i7 - 32GB Memory - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 - 1TB+8GB Hybrid HDD + 512GB SSD - Gray/Copper

That will last me many years without concern of slow game play.
That is a heavy laptop at 10.4lbs.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah..I just take it to work. I do not have to carry it with me very far and so the weight is fine.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I had the lenovo y740 17 inch and it ran shit great, i also have the 2017 macbook pro 15inch and that let me do raids also without any issues.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Just got a new work lappy and I gotta say the USB-C display port seems like witchcraft. Power + HD display + mouse + keyboard all over a single cable? Was fun ditching the damn dock that's for sure.

• 1Like

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So I realized this past week while using my gaming laptop in the hotel that it still has a DVD drive. Anyone have experience with swapping out an optical drive for something else? Google searches tell me that I basically go with more storage, and that's fine. I wouldn't mind having a storage drive on the laptop, instead of just the 500gb SSD.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Should be an easy swap once you locate the parts. I did it to an old Lenovo I had quite awhile ago. Finding a cover so it just wasn't a hole in the side was the hardest part. Lenovo ended up shipping me one after talking to them a bit.

Just got a new work lappy and I gotta say the USB-C display port seems like witchcraft. Power + HD display + mouse + keyboard all over a single cable? Was fun ditching the damn dock that's for sure.

That's a thunderbolt 3 port btw.

Balroc

Molten Core Raider
I'm thinking about getting a gaming laptop on Black Friday. Ya'll mind throwing out some suggestions or ones to look out for?

My budget is around $1500 - 2000. I'm pretty disappointed in my Asus G750, namely the built in speakers/sound quality is garbage and I don't want my laptop to look like a transformers toy so here's what I'm looking for:

- Sleek design. It can be heavy/big, but not flashy.

- Good sound quality. I know it's rare to get good sound quality in laptops, but it'd be a plus.

- SSD

- Heavy gaming (Witcher 3, Death Stranding, etc.)

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
I bought this laptop 18 months ago for $420 from Dell, it runs pretty slow these days. It will struggle with uTorrent or Chrome with 10 tabs open even when set to high performance power management. I reset it to factory condition once or twice but it didn't help much. Don't have many apps or programs installed on it. I use it basically just to browse internet or do work. No gaming.

Is this laptop basically outdated at this point and I should just get a new one or do I just have it optimized poorly? I don't keep up with PCs anymore so I don't really have a feel for this stuff anymore. Feels like it should be good enough for at least another year but I'm clueless at this point

Specs:
dell.JPG

Wake Up Man
<Banned>
I bought this laptop 18 months ago for $420 from Dell, it runs pretty slow these days. It will struggle with uTorrent or Chrome with 10 tabs open even when set to high performance power management. I reset it to factory condition once or twice but it didn't help much. Don't have many apps or programs installed on it. I use it basically just to browse internet or do work. No gaming.

Is this laptop basically outdated at this point and I should just get a new one or do I just have it optimized poorly? I don't keep up with PCs anymore so I don't really have a feel for this stuff anymore. Feels like it should be good enough for at least another year but I'm clueless at this point

Specs:
View attachment 233551

Looks like it doesn't have an SSD, that would be quite an upgrade. 8GB ram should be enough, but while you add an SSD or replace the hard drive, you could add another 8GB stick.

• 1Like

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Looks like it doesn't have an SSD, that would be quite an upgrade. 8GB ram should be enough, but while you add an SSD or replace the hard drive, you could add another 8GB stick.

Ill try adding an SSD and see what happens.