Laptop Computers

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If the battery has been plugged in for too long it will stop being able to hold a charge. Same for any rechargeable battery. The fix is going to be buy a new battery. If it's not one that can be replaced then it's buy a new laptop time.

Just hit up Amazon and you will find lots of gaming laptops in that range. Asus, Razer, Dell, HP, just a matter of picking which CPU and video card you want to go with.
Hell, sometimes the way the power is set up within a laptop - plugging it in will run the power through the battery first before its distributed to the rest of the PC. So basically when the battery starts to go, it lowers the clock speed of everything on the PC because its not getting enough power to do fucking anything. My brother got me to look at his laptop, the battery was starting to swell and it was slow af. Replaced the battery with a 25 dollar one off amazon and the thing felt brand new. Brother still hates me, but he thinks Im a genius now.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
So it’s been over 3 years now with my last laptop but very heavy use. Is it worth upgrading from an rtx 2070 yet? Feel like maybe could go one more generation but the hard drive is starting to poop out and I’m not sure if worthbreplacing parts at this point

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Hehe probably makes sense in a lot of situations. I wonder how much total efficiency/cost is wasted by people needing shit to go in parallel and perpendicular lines.

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
Anyone fucked around with a Framework or 76 Systems?

I hear the battery life on the Framework is a problem

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Anyone fucked around with a Framework or 76 Systems?

I hear the battery life on the Framework is a problem

The battery on my Eluktronics has pretty much taken a dump after a year.

It ended up not being what I needed anyways. Traveling for work usually has me in meetings 12 hours a day and at the end I just want to lay down and read, not stare at the screen longer and play a game. So the mobile 3080 is a waste.

Probably try to find something in the 15 - 17" I can use in meetings and take from location to location without having to worry about 100% being plugged in. A note taker, word, excel, powerpoint editor. Hell, I may even just look at Macbook or something.

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
The battery on my Eluktronics has pretty much taken a dump after a year.

It ended up not being what I needed anyways. Traveling for work usually has me in meetings 12 hours a day and at the end I just want to lay down and read, not stare at the screen longer and play a game. So the mobile 3080 is a waste.

Probably try to find something in the 15 - 17" I can use in meetings and take from location to location without having to worry about 100% being plugged in. A note taker, word, excel, powerpoint editor. Hell, I may even just look at Macbook or something.
I ended up getting a Gazelle 17” for dirt cheap from Ebay, it’s pretty decent over all. Battery isn’t stellar, but other than that and the speakers, which suck, its pretty good. Keyboard is a nice size for my big hands. Specs are great, 12th Gen I7, 32 DDr 4, mve pcie 4 1 tb, 3050 ti (dont care about the card). they’re coming out with a new Framework, I might end up buying one for the Lady. I’ve been fixing her and her families Macs for the past 4.5 years, but I told her I can’t fix the new ones. So she doesn’t want to own what will be a brick in 3-5 years. Only thing is they don’t have a home brew Linux w optimized drivers/firmware unlike 76, and I’m all about shedding Windows and OSX

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I ended up getting a Gazelle 17” for dirt cheap from Ebay, it’s pretty decent over all. Battery isn’t stellar, but other than that and the speakers, which suck, its pretty good. Keyboard is a nice size for my big hands. Specs are great, 12th Gen I7, 32 DDr 4, mve pcie 4 1 tb, 3050 ti (dont care about the card). they’re coming out with a new Framework, I might end up buying one for the Lady. I’ve been fixing her and her families Macs for the past 4.5 years, but I told her I can’t fix the new ones. So she doesn’t want to own what will be a brick in 3-5 years. Only thing is they don’t have a home brew Linux w optimized drivers/firmware unlike 76, and I’m all about shedding Windows and OSX

I'll check in to that. The Lenovo X1 seems so highly rated overall I'm almost tempted to say screw the next 3 weeks worth of research and just buying the 11th Gen which are 40% off now that the 12th Gen are coming out. As long as it can push my Ultrawide in my home office setup and keep a few tabs open that'll work for me.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Went ahead and ordered the X1 Carbon off Amazon b/c the same build was $400 more expensive from Lenovo's site even after their coupon. Should be here Wednesday.

i7-1260P
16gig RAM
1TB HD
14" 1920x1200 kind of sucks but I'm primarily on my UW at home and only on the road once a month max

$1,500

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ortega

Vyemm Raider
Went ahead and ordered the X1 Carbon off Amazon b/c the same build was $400 more expensive from Lenovo's site even after their coupon. Should be here Wednesday.

i7-1260P
16gig RAM
1TB HD
14" 1920x1200 kind of sucks but I'm primarily on my UW at home and only on the road once a month max

$1,500
Not trying to be a downer, but bro you can get an LG Gram at Costco with the exact same specs except a 512GB NVME for $799.99.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Not trying to be a downer, but bro you can get an LG Gram at Costco with the exact same specs except a 512GB NVME for $799.99.

Not at all, appreciate the feedback. If this doesn’t work out I’ll look in to that one. It is a business expense and I need to start working on my deductions for the year anyways. Another consultant that I cross paths with just picked up a Galaxy Book 3 Pro that he is liking.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Looking for a laptop and searching deals.

3080 TI or above and prefer QHD

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Looking for a laptop and searching deals.

3080 TI or above and prefer QHD

Going to sell off my Eluktronics Max 15. Nothing wrong with it really, just replaced it a few months back with a smaller Thinkpad X1 that works better for traveling on the road. I don't need the 3080 or clunky power supply and more limited battery life while in meetings. I just use an Asus ZenScreen as a second monitor in the hotel room.

1691949383143.png

If anyone is interested let me know. Only defect is a missing cover / chip on the right hinge. Got knocked off in my laptop bag at some point.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Welp, new laptop time since I am now back in college and I am also taking a trip to FL to see my sister in October.

Ordered yesterday. Already got it.

laptop.jpg