Laptop Computers

Khane

Got something right about marriage
That's weird. Pretty sure every laptop I've ever seen folds.

• 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Been on the lookout for a laptop deal that'll last another 5 years like my current gaming laptop has. Use it every single week because of work travel in hotels. Saw this, but it's not getting much attention on Slickdeals, despite being $950 off.

Wake Up Man
<Banned>
Been on the lookout for a laptop deal that'll last another 5 years like my current gaming laptop has. Use it every single week because of work travel in hotels. Saw this, but it's not getting much attention on Slickdeals, despite being $950 off.

That’s a pretty nice price, 2070 is light for 5 years though. There will probably be AMD 8 core laptops later this year with better gpu for the same price. Or maybe not, if that Corona thing keeps being a problem.

Crone

That’s a pretty nice price, 2070 is light for 5 years though. There will probably be AMD 8 core laptops later this year with better gpu for the same price. Or maybe not, if that Corona thing keeps being a problem.
Yea, similar to how my desktop 2500k lasted for so long before I upgraded, my current gaming laptop has done alright due to a combination of the games I play are rarely graphic intensive, and I also don't mind turning the graphics down, even way down, to get better frames. I agree 5 years now is pushing it, but I'd be happy with 2-3 years.

I actually am gonna pass on that deal and looking at EVOO laptops. Yes, Walmart brand, but the entire thing is really well reviewed for $1k. All the parts are common parts used across a lot of different brands, and Walmart just so happens to have some great deals, excellent return policies, and cheap warranties.

Wake Up Man
<Banned>
Yea, similar to how my desktop 2500k lasted for so long before I upgraded, my current gaming laptop has done alright due to a combination of the games I play are rarely graphic intensive, and I also don't mind turning the graphics down, even way down, to get better frames. I agree 5 years now is pushing it, but I'd be happy with 2-3 years.

I actually am gonna pass on that deal and looking at EVOO laptops. Yes, Walmart brand, but the entire thing is really well reviewed for $1k. All the parts are common parts used across a lot of different brands, and Walmart just so happens to have some great deals, excellent return policies, and cheap warranties.

That’s a good value, but even lighter weight gpu, don’t see any screen specs...the Dell would be the better option for that plus capability of on site repair vs shipping to somewhere for a month. Says deal is expired as well.

Crone

That’s a good value, but even lighter weight gpu, don’t see any screen specs...the Dell would be the better option for that plus capability of on site repair vs shipping to somewhere for a month. Says deal is expired as well.
Reviews say that 2060 out performs the 2070MQ by about 10 percent. Also thermals are a huge problem with the Alienware. Typically running 90-95 celcius even after repasting and under volting.

That deal is expired but was around twice in January and so I expect it to be around again soon. The screen is 144hz and there are come complaints of light bleed, where as people ordered 2 laptops and kept the best one. Apparently it's a bit of a lottery.

Wake Up Man
<Banned>
Reviews say that 2060 out performs the 2070MQ by about 10 percent. Also thermals are a huge problem with the Alienware. Typically running 90-95 celcius even after repasting and under volting.

That deal is expired but was around twice in January and so I expect it to be around again soon. The screen is 144hz and there are come complaints of light bleed, where as people ordered 2 laptops and kept the best one. Apparently it's a bit of a lottery.

Nice info about the GPUs, I didn't know that. Sounds like the bargain buy for now.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Mom broke her Laptop and needs a new one. She definitely dropped the shit out of it, because there is a dent on the corner and the screen popped open (like the bezel was separated). Screen is now just black. Honestly I could take it apart, because it could very well just be something came loose when she fucking dropped it 3 feet onto a hard tile floor, but I really don't feel like fucking with it.

I'm looking for recommendations, something cheap but still good quality. She would like it to still have a number pad. She doesn't do shit all on it other than internet and candy crush type games, so performance not really necessary.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Lenovo comes to mind as being really solid but not sure how cheap it would be for one with a number pad

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Meh, just going to go with bottom end Dell. I think last time we went with a super cheap something, maybe a chromebook. It was a fucking headache.

On sale for $299 for Presidents Day. It'll do.

Wake Up Man
<Banned>
Meh, just going to go with bottom end Dell. I think last time we went with a super cheap something, maybe a chromebook. It was a fucking headache.

On sale for $299 for Presidents Day. It'll do.

4GB RAM is not good enough imo.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Crone

Talk me out of buying a Razer Blade Pro
What are the stats? Why do you want it? I mean stats wise, you're over-paying by $1000. Fuck that. Walmart stepped into the laptop game using common parts. Slickdeals peeps tore it apart, and it's all just commonly used parts/chassis, they just slapped their name on it. And it goes on sale for $1000.

Crone

The above EVOO laptop hasn't gone back on sale for $1k again, and I'm bummed about it. There's been some similar laptops, such as these, but for an extra $600-$700, it's not worth it. Have options to pay that much for a super thin model, or a model with a 2080 in it. Neither of which I think is worth it. I'm fine with a 2060.

Crone

Do you go with a deal on a Intel 9750H processor with RTX 2060, or go with the new AMD Ryzen 4000 series, with a 1660 Ti, for 1080p gaming?

I need to Google what the AMD 4000 series brings to a laptop vs the Intel chips. Just throwing this pre-order out there...

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>
Do you go with a deal on a Intel 9750H processor with RTX 2060, or go with the new AMD Ryzen 4000 series, with a 1660 Ti, for 1080p gaming?

I need to Google what the AMD 4000 series brings to a laptop vs the Intel chips. Just throwing this pre-order out there...

TL;DR AMD is going for the jugular.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user