Laptop Computers

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Do we talk about tablets in this thread? Just got a new ipad air to replace my gen1 ipad mini. I also have an ipad pro, because I like it more than my laptop for stuff on the go. Anyways, the setup on new air was the easiest thing I have ever done. Set new ipad by ipad pro. Boot up. Watch them ask if I want to copy settings over. Watch new ipad download all apps. Done.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Do we talk about tablets in this thread? Just got a new ipad air to replace my gen1 ipad mini. I also have an ipad pro, because I like it more than my laptop for stuff on the go. Anyways, the setup on new air was the easiest thing I have ever done. Set new ipad by ipad pro. Boot up. Watch them ask if I want to copy settings over. Watch new ipad download all apps. Done.
yea they have that for iphone phone upgrades too, literally put the new phone on top of the old one.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
yea they have that for iphone phone upgrades too, literally put the new phone on top of the old one.
Yeah, did that for my dad yesterday. Had to do an icloud backup to get that one to work. But he was going from an iphone 6 to an iphone 12.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>

FYI: Tablets

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Well, overpaid for a new gaming laptop. lol.

11th Gen Core i7-11800H
1tb ssd
16 gigs Ram
Nvidia RTX 3070
17.3" 360Hz FHD

Last edited:

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
A friend was making me find the cheapest decent laptop for his mom so after a bunch of digging I came across this:

Just FYI in case anyone's mom/gf/kid/j49s latest ho in community college needs a laptop, I feel like this is a great deal for the specs.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Anyone ever deal with Apple repair services? Battery on my 2015 macbook pro started being shitty so I sent it in for replacement. Now they are telling me the mobo is fucked even though diagnostics in the store were good on everything. If these cunts hurt my laptop I will shit on the genius counter.

Anyone know if these twats even know wtf they are doing?

Airisch

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Anyone ever deal with Apple repair services? Battery on my 2015 macbook pro started being shitty so I sent it in for replacement. Now they are telling me the mobo is fucked even though diagnostics in the store were good on everything. If these cunts hurt my laptop I will shit on the genius counter.

Anyone know if these twats even know wtf they are doing?

It's all a scam.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>

It's all a scam.
It wasn't the neckbeard bar but the repair people that the neckbeards send the laptop to. I called the cock suckers and asked them why does a working mobo needs to be replaced when I only need the battery fixed. They demanded that they fix all problems so I told them to eat a dick and to send my laptop back. What a giant waste of time. The whole point was not to waste my time on fixing it myself but now I will do that plus I wasted almost two weeks waiting on these cunts.

Airisch

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It wasn't the neckbeard bar but the repair people that the neckbeards send the laptop to. I called the cock suckers and asked them why does a working mobo needs to be replaced when I only need the battery fixed. They demanded that they fix all problems so I told them to eat a dick and to send my laptop back. What a giant waste of time. The whole point was not to waste my time on fixing it myself but now I will do that plus I wasted almost two weeks waiting on these cunts.

Just send it to rossman repair imo.

• 1Like

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
So I guess me escalating this issue with customer service did something because Apple sent back the laptop with fixed battery but without the fixed mobo. What shit service holy fuck. Never again.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
lulz this is like when i called an electrician for an inspection and he was like, "this wiring looks frayed, we gotta rip it all out and run new lines for the whole house"

i was like "whoa whoa whoa, can't you just repair those 3 lines with a junction box and new lines?"

electrician
"if one wire is bad, then we don't know the condition of all the other wires"

me
"oh fuck off, the house is still standing"

time for Lanx to watch how to electricity and bother Erronius Erronius once in a while.

• 1Like

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
lulz this is like when i called an electrician for an inspection and he was like, "this wiring looks frayed, we gotta rip it all out and run new lines for the whole house"

i was like "whoa whoa whoa, can't you just repair those 3 lines with a junction box and new lines?"

electrician

me
Unless they're talking about knob & tube, or maybe degraded and brittle cloth wiring, that's bullshit.

You're more likely to have an insurance inspector give you shit for bad wiring, when you're trying to sell an old house, than an electrician. Unless the electrician is just hoping that you're naive and have lots of spare money to burn.

I've worked on homes with wiring that bad, and the most I would have said is "You really have some shit wiring...so if you ever GET THE CHANCE...like if you ever do a whole house remodel, then replace all this wiring. Otherwise...sure, I did what I could. Taped all of this up. Good luck and Godspeed with your money-pit"

Ortega

Vyemm Raider

electrician

me

time for Lanx to watch how to electricity and bother Erronius Erronius once in a while.
This shit happens with everything now and it's fucking ridiculous. I don't know who invented this business practice, but I hate it. It's the same shit with tires. Took my truck in because I ran over a nail and they are like yeah we can't patch it because it's too worn, so I ask what's the cost of a new tire, and they say they have to replace all four because they're all worn..... Ok what's the cost of that $1400.00..... So I say no thanks, drive to AutoZone and buy a $20.00 patch kit that is still going strong 6 months later....

• 1Like

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
That happened to me once when I was in college. I had a coupon for a "free brake inspection" and they put it on the lift and then told me that my tires were so worn that they couldn't legally give my car back without new tires. I was like "Well if you want to put tires on it it's your call but I don't have any money so I won't be paying for them". Suddenly their fear of the law went away and they gave my car back.

• 1Worf

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This question has probably been answered a dozen times, but what are the best cheap laptops these days? Are Chromebooks any good? My mother in law needs a new one and she'll be using it for simple stuff like emails, browsing, maybe some Word docs.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I'm typing this on a 2013 HP chromebook. It pretty much sucks now, bogs down if I open more than 4 or 5 tabs, but just the fact that it's still usable as an 8 year old laptop that originally cost $368 is pretty good. I like it. Never crashes (at least before it was an antique), very secure, boots up fast, does what I need it to as a web surfing machine. If you destroy or lose it somehow you just buy another one and log in and there's all your shit. Only downside is you can't store a lot of files on it but that's what the cloud is for and maybe a flash drive.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
This question has probably been answered a dozen times, but what are the best cheap laptops these days? Are Chromebooks any good? My mother in law needs a new one and she'll be using it for simple stuff like emails, browsing, maybe some Word docs.
does it have to be a laptop and not a tablet?

i wanted a either a kitchen laptop or tablet, and my fire7 which sucked ass just sucked (i payed 15bucks for it anyway)

so i traded it in to amazon
68e573f6e355a2fc6582939037089189.png

i didn't care about the $5 lulz, but you get a 20% coupon for a fire10hd, which imo is a really good tablet, that it is AS GOOD as an ipad mini (i've had the fire10hd 2019 in the bathroom for a year)

maybe you have an old shitty tablet you want to get rid of, it'll be basically a nice 20% coupon for a fire10

you can just easily bluetooth a 20$ keyboard to the firehd,

remember one thing about chromebooks, unless it's a more expensive chrome book, it won't have touchscreen, and one thing old ppl love is the god damn touch screen lulz.

a tablet with a keyboard is just as good as a chromebook and you have a touchscreen.