Last Epoch

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, the main Autobomber build switched to Shield Rush (and Sigils instead of Reversal) in 0.8.4. It's a big improvement over the 0.8.3 leveling build; I'm starting to think it's not possible for me to die unless I set the controller down and just let them kill me.

A tip If you play with a controller: just map Orb and Anomaly to RB/RT and hold them down the entire time. Hold down Smite (LT for me) too whenever needed, and then all you have to worry about is moving around and using Shield Rush to travel. Can do the same thing with a keyboard I suppose, but it's way more awkward.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I did the same thing with a keyboard where Orb was Q and Anomaly was W, I just held it down the whole time and had Move / Smite on Left Mouse and Lunge on Left Mouse. So basically QWRightMouse were always held down and Left Mouse to jump around screen.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
So does the story mode just end at the snake boss right now? I did a bunch of the monolith before going to the temple and now it sent me back into the monolith for some reason.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, the main Autobomber build switched to Shield Rush (and Sigils instead of Reversal) in 0.8.4. It's a big improvement over the 0.8.3 leveling build; I'm starting to think it's not possible for me to die unless I set the controller down and just let them kill me.

A tip If you play with a controller: just map Orb and Anomaly to RB/RT and hold them down the entire time. Hold down Smite (LT for me) too whenever needed, and then all you have to worry about is moving around and using Shield Rush to travel. Can do the same thing with a keyboard I suppose, but it's way more awkward.
And Intrinsic Intrinsic

You can autocast these like Diablo 2. Bind the skills to number keys. Then press numlock, hold the skill # down on number pad then while keeping it down, hit numlock again. You can do this with as many as needed (orb + anomaly) then run around casting smite and shield rush as needed. You can set these to autocast then continue to use the controller.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
So does the story mode just end at the snake boss right now? I did a bunch of the monolith before going to the temple and now it sent me back into the monolith for some reason.
Yeah that’s the end of the story at the moment. Monolith is where you end up as there’s nowhere else to go yet.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
And Intrinsic Intrinsic

You can autocast these like Diablo 2. Bind the skills to number keys. Then press numlock, hold the skill # down on number pad then while keeping it down, hit numlock again. You can do this with as many as needed (orb + anomaly) then run around casting smite and shield rush as needed. You can set these to autocast then continue to use the controller.

I'd love to do that IF IT DIDN'T CRASH EVERY 2 MINUTES!!!one

Vorph

I'd rather just hold down the controller buttons, numlock is annoying to turn on and off. I don't really know why, but sometimes I find myself out of mana, while other times I can do a whole echo and it will never go below 75%-ish.

I think I need to slap that one affix that gives mana on smite hits onto something and it should take care of it.

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Man, the progression in this game is weird. I am level 78 and I am running level 90 echoes? This is normal? Do some builds have to stop at certain monolith islands and grind levels for a while or are you always punching up?

I have been annoyed at the "Autobomber" having to press a billion buttons all the time, but I am going to try that numlock trick.

Edit - ermagerd QoL! Love that autocast.

Last edited:

Vorph

Probably. The bow build I'm playing too does roughly similar damage (with somewhat less luck finding proper gear), but it has vastly lower HP and major issues with those annoying fuckers that jump/teleport behind you. Autobomber kills everything 360 degrees and Smite is easy to 'aim' even while holding down the trigger. The bow attacks only handle about 150 degrees or so in front of you and it only takes a few hits from behind when you aren't hitting anything back for leech to get in trouble, and to make matters worse you can't change the direction you're shooting without releasing the trigger for a second. Autobomber still felt almost unkillable doing L100 empowered echoes even before I hit 90, but I think there will be a lot more deaths with any less tanky build even if it does way more damage.

Figured out my mana problem too. It was happening in echoes that were so easy that I didn't really need Smite to kill anything, and I forgot that self-casting Smite gives 25 hp and 10 mana from one of the passives. So yeah... always use Smite, even if you don't need the damage.

The thing that's really turning me off from the game is that once you get to a basic level of gear the amount of RNG you have to slog through in order to get upgrades is fucking insane. I've been "targeted" farming a Onmividence staff for the last couple days with zero success, and if and when I ever do get it to drop it could easily roll complete shit compared to the rare staff I'm using now (and it's not possible to re-roll uniques). And I've gone through about a dozen wrong unique staff drops, and not a single one of them has had legendary potential so that's going to be a real bitch too. They acknowledged that they were introducing a ridiculous amount of RNG to the game when they added in T6 and T7 exalts, so I really hope they do something about it soon.

Last edited:

Tide27

Probably. The bow build I'm playing too does roughly similar damage (with somewhat less luck finding proper gear), but it has vastly lower HP and major issues with those annoying fuckers that jump/teleport behind you. Autobomber kills everything 360 degrees and Smite is easy to 'aim' even while holding down the trigger. The bow attacks only handle about 150 degrees or so in front of you and it only takes a few hits from behind when you aren't hitting anything back for leech to get in trouble, and to make matters worse you can't change the direction you're shooting without releasing the trigger for a second. Autobomber still felt almost unkillable doing L100 empowered echoes even before I hit 90, but I think there will be a lot more deaths with any less tanky build even if it does way more damage.

Figured out my mana problem too. It was happening in echoes that were so easy that I didn't really need Smite to kill anything, and I forgot that self-casting Smite gives 25 hp and 10 mana from one of the passives. So yeah... always use Smite, even if you don't need the damage.

The thing that's really turning me off from the game is that once you get to a basic level of gear the amount of RNG you have to slog through in order to get upgrades is fucking insane. I've been "targeted" farming a Onmividence staff for the last couple days with zero success, and if and when I ever do get it to drop it could easily roll complete shit compared to the rare staff I'm using now (and it's not possible to re-roll uniques). And I've gone through about a dozen wrong unique staff drops, and not a single one of them has had legendary potential so that's going to be a real bitch too. They acknowledged that they were introducing a ridiculous amount of RNG to the game when they added in T6 and T7 exalts, so I really hope they do something about it soon.
I have been target farming the Omnividence as well, running the empowered mono that has the staff drops.

After awhile i became so frustrated that I started noting the staff drops that I got. So far, just after I finally started counting...i have had 64 unique staff drops, they are always the same 3 or 4.

I was even trying to get a certain blessing by completing a mono, and it took me 11 complete mono runs for the blessing I finally wanted to be selectable, and even then got a super low roll on it.

Love the game, but ill be damned if i do another 11 full mono runs looking for just a chance to get a better roll for a blessing.

This is the best arpg I have played, but i have my limits before I just move on to something else.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
I am not going by any build guide and went Warpath with Rive as my other skill. I specced into bleed, ignite, and armor shred with a giant club for high dps. It seems to work on most level 66 monoliths and only seems to have problems when I stack health mods on enemies.

• 1Like

Vorph

I feel like my VK warpath dude hits like a wet noodle.
What level? If you're planning to swap to Devouring Orb, do it as soon as you possibly can. I waited way too long while trying to find a void staff and my dps probably more than quadrupled when I finally swapped.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
What level? If you're planning to swap to Devouring Orb, do it as soon as you possibly can. I waited way too long while trying to find a void staff and my dps probably more than quadrupled when I finally swapped.
Maybe 70? I’m staying warpath but I might roll another build soon.

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member

I have yet to find a single unique that has void or spell damage. Lots of elemental, melee, minion shit. My tinfoil hat is shiny.

Edit - also, yeah, the Autobomber is pretty no brain easy in general. I have not paid attention to what the echoes add to the monsters, it does not matter.

Vorph

Yeah, there aren't many void uniques. Omnividence and Siphon of Anguish are the main ones (and the ring doesn't actually add damage, just more leech.. but it's a common and low level item so getting one with 2+ LP shouldn't be hard). Ravenous Void is the best but it's also no damage just defense. And it's not only ungodly rare to drop or chance but also level 115 for LP which means it's almost never going to roll with any.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
There’s another staff that just has huge adaptive spell damage that like quadrupled my damage from a void weapon I had. I can’t remember the name right now, it’s a set staff. Halvors or havdars or something. I remember equipping it and not understanding why my damage went through the roof but whatever I’ll take it.

Vorph

Only see two set staffs and they have super low adaptive spell damage. Halvar's has 39-47, Vilatria's has 60-68.

No luck with Omni, or exalts for that matter, so this is the best one I've crafted so far:
voidstaff.png

If only it had been a Gate Staff base. :(

Vorph

Another thing I've been wondering about -- is there any real need for a super complicated loot filter? The game doesn't restrict you to choosing affixes that can actually appear on the slots, so I just made a generic one with increasingly more affix hits and tiers. Like this:
lootfilter.png

Any downside to doing it this way? It seems to be working fine...

• 1Like