Last Epoch

Tide27

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I have 4 level 100s. I am not going to be like one poster and claim after 17 max level toons, 3 accounts, and playing for 2 years....the game sucks.

This is still my personal fav arpg. However, the desire to play end game any longer is not there. The game is designed to pretty much go on forever, and id prefer a static stopping point.

For example, corruption lvl 240, 565 echos done, and not a single omnividence staff. Every special staff node is 95% aberrants call.

Or blessings. Some blessings are build enablers, but you have to complete the entire time line to just get a choice to select one. I ran Black sun i think to 300 echos before i saw the life leech node spawn, and even then it spawned with the moat absolute shit stats possible. I really dont have a desire to run another 300+ echos for a chance to even see leech again.

I more than got my moneys worth of playtime put of this, but I am very frustrated at the end game chase atm.

I do not have really amy decent gear, and with over 300 hrs played on voidknight, i have never a t6 or t7 exalt roll for void dmg, which is where i am lacking the most atm. I can go an entire 2 hr game session and complete about 30 to 40 echos and not see a single upgrade. Multiply that x about 200 hrs and I simply dont find it fun anymore.

Even running t4 Julia, where it says it drops a shitload of exalted items....i see less in that dungeon than I do searching out exalted nodes in empowered monos.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
I have 4 level 100s. I am not going to be like one poster and claim after 17 max level toons, 3 accounts, and playing for 2 years....the game sucks.

This is still my personal fav arpg. However, the desire to play end game any longer is not there. The game is designed to pretty much go on forever, and id prefer a static stopping point.

For example, corruption lvl 240, 565 echos done, and not a single omnividence staff. Every special staff node is 95% aberrants call.

Or blessings. Some blessings are build enablers, but you have to complete the entire time line to just get a choice to select one. I ran Black sun i think to 300 echos before i saw the life leech node spawn, and even then it spawned with the moat absolute shit stats possible. I really dont have a desire to run another 300+ echos for a chance to even see leech again.

I more than got my moneys worth of playtime put of this, but I am very frustrated at the end game chase atm.

I do not have really amy decent gear, and with over 300 hrs played on voidknight, i have never a t6 or t7 exalt roll for void dmg, which is where i am lacking the most atm. I can go an entire 2 hr game session and complete about 30 to 40 echos and not see a single upgrade. Multiply that x about 200 hrs and I simply dont find it fun anymore.

Even running t4 Julia, where it says it drops a shitload of exalted items....i see less in that dungeon than I do searching out exalted nodes in empowered monos.
I give you kudos for doing the grind to 100 four times. I suppose if it is your fav ARPG that makes sense. I will be uninstalling and never playing again after I hit 100 in the next day or two.

Again, the gear/crafting system is intriguing, but it still has way too much layered RNG and WAY too much junk to filter through for my tastes. I can SEE how the Legendary crafting system was implemented as another carrot for endgamers, but with the limited playtime I have (82 hours), the RNG for finding the two pieces you want to combine, and getting the results you hope for, seems like a lottery.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
1642630727207.png

1642630838066.png

Welp, that's it. 140 corruption, 296 echoes, no unique staff.

I wish you guys all the best, I hope they continue to improve this game in ways that keep you going.

I will definitely check in again to see how things progress.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Caliane

Tencent sticks their hands into another pie.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I can't figure out Tencent. There's definitely documented proof they've ruined games and companies. But they've owned GGG for years now and if anything, Chris has done more damage to the game in the of The Vision than Tencent has. A lot of the typical P2W features that you'd expect for a game owned by a Chinese company have been implemented, but they only exist on the Chinese servers.

I've been hopeful of Last Epoch as competition for PoE that the latter desperately needs. I don't know if this investment strengthens or weakens that.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
While that’s cool they get money…I can’t see that doing anything but driving people away. People hate Tencent

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I can't figure out Tencent. There's definitely documented proof they've ruined games and companies. But they've owned GGG for years now and if anything, Chris has done more damage to the game in the of The Vision than Tencent has. A lot of the typical P2W features that you'd expect for a game owned by a Chinese company have been implemented, but they only exist on the Chinese servers.

I've been hopeful of Last Epoch as competition for PoE that the latter desperately needs. I don't know if this investment strengthens or weakens that.
Looks like they’ve got a similar deal to GGG. I think it’s a good thing overall. Tencent isn’t stupid. They’ll just do the same shit in Chinese LE and leave the rest alone to the dev’s vision.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
This is done by giant companies in tech all the time. Angel invest in a wide swath of potential home runs and then acquire the ones that get 75% of the way there. This allows the good ideas to grow without being bought out too early but allows the giant companies to capture a ton of revenue by the ones that .are the cut (usually in the form of a first right of refusal in the investment contract).

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Anyone playing this consistently? I'm getting my shit pushed in and unsure what stats are fucking me.

Caliane

been a little bit since I last played. september. and I never really pushed the true endgame either. so, can't really help.

Hekotat

been a little bit since I last played. september. and I never really pushed the true endgame either. so, can't really help.

I do okay til around level 50 then it gets a bit rough. I got tons of points in resistances and what not.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I do okay til around level 50 then it gets a bit rough. I got tons of points in resistances and what not.
Your resistances all maxed or close to it? Did you follow any build guide or just wing it? What class?

Hekotat

Your resistances all maxed or close to it? Did you follow any build guide or just wing it? What class?

Just winging it. I like how easy it is to respec so you can screw around. I'll look into resistance caps.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE

I remember when "this was just a small investment, we will keep doing what we do" for Grinding Gear Games...

based commentary in this vid

Hekotat

respec'd with a bit more resistance options (I was only 2 shy of having them all) and it made a big improvement. Still have to be careful as a mage but better overall.