Last Epoch

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Another thing I've been wondering about -- is there any real need for a super complicated loot filter? The game doesn't restrict you to choosing affixes that can actually appear on the slots, so I just made a generic one with increasingly more affix hits and tiers. Like this:
View attachment 392058
Any downside to doing it this way? It seems to be working fine...
any chance you could dump that somewhere? I need to spend some more time playing with the filters.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Another thing I've been wondering about -- is there any real need for a super complicated loot filter? The game doesn't restrict you to choosing affixes that can actually appear on the slots, so I just made a generic one with increasingly more affix hits and tiers. Like this:
View attachment 392058
Any downside to doing it this way? It seems to be working fine...
No downside to doing it that way, that’s what it’s for. Post the pastebin for us!

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
No downside to doing it that way, that’s what it’s for. Post the pastebin for us!
Ok, hopefully this works. Not at home anymore and GFN doesn't allow copy/paste between the laptop and the stream so I had to use Steam's web browser.

I just remembered there's a little bit of bowmage stuff in the idols section, since they're such a pain in the ass to find and I didn't want to miss any good ones on the VK. Disable the rogue section if not interested. Bear in mind that it's extremely strict too, so even the vast majority of empowered echos will drop nothing but crafting materials and the occasional unique/set or exalt.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Ok, hopefully this works. Not at home anymore and GFN doesn't allow copy/paste between the laptop and the stream so I had to use Steam's web browser.

I just remembered there's a little bit of bowmage stuff in the idols section, since they're such a pain in the ass to find and I didn't want to miss any good ones on the VK. Disable the rogue section if not interested. Bear in mind that it's extremely strict too, so even the vast majority of empowered echos will drop nothing but crafting materials and the occasional unique/set or exalt.
Nice. Imma use this!

Vorph

Does the arena have any actual purpose currently? Empowered monoliths are the place to go for xp and targeted loot. Temporal Sanctum has exalts and Julra drops. Arena doesn't appear to have anything going for it, other than maybe xp if you get to empowered monoliths too early to actually clear them.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
They need to add Temporal keys to the monolith rewards because fuck Arena keys.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Does the arena have any actual purpose currently? Empowered monoliths are the place to go for xp and targeted loot. Temporal Sanctum has exalts and Julra drops. Arena doesn't appear to have anything going for it, other than maybe xp if you get to empowered monoliths too early to actually clear them.
It’s just for early exp and epeen. There’s an arena ladder. Personally I think they’re boring and never do them. Maybe if I got some fully maxed out character I’d try to see how far I’d get. I only have a couple Arena Memory Keys, they’re pretty rare.

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
I did the Arena to 100 today and got bored. I have about 5 memory keys in my stash, and got one as a reward for that arena. As a whole, the arena just seems to be there because "that is what other ARPGs are doing".

So I am level 88 and empowered my monoliths today. The level 100 stuff is non-trivial but still mostly easy, unless I get a lot of the larger mobs all banging on me at once.

I stopped min/maxing a bit ago because I was tired of combing through loot, but I do upgrade now and again with a juicy drop. Current hps are around 2,800 with all resists maxed except cold which I think is 74%.

I just unlocked the final three islands, which seems like a dumb mechanic to have to run the first monolith all over again.

Also, I have yet to make any legendaries because I cannot find any suitable candidates. I have a really good exalted chest and amulet I am wearing that I really don't want to waste on the crappy low potential uniques I found so far.

Still moderately invested in the grind, but probably only for a while longer.

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Well I have close to 75 hours in the game now (including some long ago Alpha hours), I am almost 96, and I have cleared all the level 100 Monoliths. I have run the Monolith with the Staves about 6 times, but no luck with that unique void staff. I will say the hardest parts of the boss of this Monolith are the birdmen light mages and their ground effect fireballs. That and the Diamond guardian's fire pillar make up probably 90% of my deaths. The others are the new boss I still haven't gone back to, and Orobyss's one shot mechanics I had to learn.

So do I now just try and corrupt the crap out of that Monolith to increase the drop chances? Should I fight Orobyss as far away from the starting point as possible? Should I keep going on the same run for a while or should I continue to reset to increase corruption?

I did an Orobyss fight at what I thought was a decent distance from the start and LOST 2 corruption. I just reset another Monolith and only gained 2 corruption. So I assume you have to get really far from the start and THEN fight Orobyss?

The autocast feature/bug is still amazing QoL but it has actually killed me a couple of times on boss fights due to the movement stuttering from all the casting. It can be a little annoying but is still far, far superior to not having it at all.

Vorph

The autocast feature/bug is still amazing QoL but it has actually killed me a couple of times on boss fights due to the movement stuttering from all the casting. It can be a little annoying but is still far, far superior to not having it at all.
Yeah, I'd say that's the biggest benefit of playing with a gamepad, being able to autocast without the hassle of the numpad when you need to shut it off briefly. There's probably some skills it won't work well with, but it's perfect for both autobomber and bow mage.

Wasn't enough to keep me interested in the game though. I have no patience for games that don't respect my time anymore, and it becomes apparent very early into the 'endgame' that Last Epoch has way too fucking many layers of RNG to be what I would even remotely call a fun grind. I know they're aware of it to some degree, but I'm afraid they'll just make minor tweaks instead of big changes, especially with MP coming "soon" to ruin everything.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Well I have close to 75 hours in the game now (including some long ago Alpha hours), I am almost 96, and I have cleared all the level 100 Monoliths. I have run the Monolith with the Staves about 6 times, but no luck with that unique void staff. I will say the hardest parts of the boss of this Monolith are the birdmen light mages and their ground effect fireballs. That and the Diamond guardian's fire pillar make up probably 90% of my deaths. The others are the new boss I still haven't gone back to, and Orobyss's one shot mechanics I had to learn.

So do I now just try and corrupt the crap out of that Monolith to increase the drop chances? Should I fight Orobyss as far away from the starting point as possible? Should I keep going on the same run for a while or should I continue to reset to increase corruption?

I did an Orobyss fight at what I thought was a decent distance from the start and LOST 2 corruption. I just reset another Monolith and only gained 2 corruption. So I assume you have to get really far from the start and THEN fight Orobyss?

Before you start the orobyss fights you can see if it’s going to add or remove corruption. I’m not sure how it decides to add or subtract, it’s not distance. I have read that you need high corruption to get that staff, so pushing that as high as possible is your goal when farming for it.

• 1Like

Vorph

You don't need high corruption for Omnividence, it's not a boss drop like, say, Omnis which is completely locked out unless you have 200+ corruption. It should help though, since corruption gives +rarity and makes it easier to find stuff tagged 'very rare'. You can still get lucky with base 100 corruption though, and you can even chance it. Most important thing seems to be making good use of the echoes that reroll uncompleted nodes and reset all nodes to be completed again so you can do/redo as many unique staff nodes as possible.

The shitty part, from what I've read, is that corruption doesn't increase the chance for LP when you do finally get the drop. It seems to be purely based on zone level and the hidden 'ilvl' that determines what the chance of getting any LP at all on a particular unique is set to.

• 1Like

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Most important thing seems to be making good use of the echoes that reroll uncompleted nodes and reset all nodes to be completed again so you can do/redo as many unique staff nodes as possible.
Yeah I have been doing that too. I got 3 unique staff nodes on the last reroll, to no success of course.

I will probably grind this character to 100 and then uninstall. The crafting is a little too PoE for me. The pool of affixes is deep enough that wading through items, even with a restrictive loot filter, is tiresome. I have found maybe 2 good exalted items that I would save for a 3 or higher legendary potential unique. I have made one legendary item that I actually wear, the rest have been busts. I have found two items with 3 legendary potential and one with 4. They are, of course, useless to my build.

There has to be a balance between Diablo 3-style class focus loot, and the endless piles of worthless shit that drops in PoE, but LE has not remotely found that spot.

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Before you start the orobyss fights you can see if it’s going to add or remove corruption. I’m not sure how it decides to add or subtract, it’s not distance. I have read that you need high corruption to get that staff, so pushing that as high as possible is your goal when farming for it.
Ok I will pay more attention when choosing the Orobyss fights then, did not see that information.

Yeah I think the staff is just lower in the percentages on the drop tables. There are three staves that are probably in the 95% drop table and I have gotten them upwards of 20+ times. Just playing the numbers at this point, and that is not gameplay, as Vorph said, that is bullshit time sinking.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah I have been doing that too. I got 3 unique staff nodes on the last reroll, to no success of course.

I will probably grind this character to 100 and then uninstall. The crafting is a little too PoE for me. The pool of affixes is deep enough that wading through items, even with a restrictive loot filter, is tiresome. I have found maybe 2 good exalted items that I would save for a 3 or higher legendary potential unique. I have made one legendary item that I actually wear, the rest have been busts. I have found two items with 3 legendary potential and one with 4. They are, of course, useless to my build.

There has to be a balance between Diablo 3-style class focus loot, and the endless piles of worthless shit that drops in PoE, but LE has not remotely found that spot.
Don’t forget to try the temporal sanctum before you quit, she’s a tough bitch.

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
That's, erm, where you make the Legendaries! I did not have problems with her once I realized I had to press D to avoid the arena wide ground effect lol. First time I did the fight I was like What the Actual?

I have three full columns of Sanctum keys in my stash.

Tide27

I am at Corruption level 250 and 525 echos completed in that time line and have seen zero of that staff you are looking for. I get aberrants call 90% of the time still and its pissing me off.

I am seeing zero different loot tables on higher corruption than I did on non empowered monos.

I know its all RNG and shit, but after awhile I quit chasing the carrot and move on to something else

• 1Solidarity

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I am at Corruption level 250 and 525 echos completed in that time line and have seen zero of that staff you are looking for. I get aberrants call 90% of the time still and its pissing me off.

I am seeing zero different loot tables on higher corruption than I did on non empowered monos.

I know its all RNG and shit, but after awhile I quit chasing the carrot and move on to something else
Yeah, that’s the kind of stuff that made me quit Poe. Searching for certain uniques and after not seeing them for hundreds of hours…I’m out.

• 1Solidarity

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Almost 98 now. Not really having fun anymore, but I have dedicated myself to the grind to 100.

My Stolen Lance Monolith is now 124 corruption and I have run 198 echoes.

I am struggling a little bit right now since my mods are currently:

1642531254838.png

That is a lot of health and defense stacked lol.

Edit - It got worse:

1642531695628.png

Edit - I am slowly working the bad affixes off lol. Any Twinned Rare of the Ox is worse than any boss at the moment. Hilarious.

Last edited:

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Edited response - I cannot do the fight at level IV. Or choose not to try any more. Maybe with patience, but I am not slogging through that fucking dungeon to try the fight over and over. Three was okay, challenging but doable, but the damage from the floor goop is way too high at IV.

Way over-maxxed resists, 3,200 hps, massive leech, what I THINK is decent dps - the only other improves I could do would be defensive damage conversion and higher armor.

And, again, I am at my limit for my desire to min/max.