Last Epoch

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Flipped over to make a void knight thing since it has some thing similar to COC going on for warpath/cyclone. The goddamn knight was a black dude with dreads? Calling bullshit. Also has the scrawniest arms of any blacksmith come knight i've ever seen.

That said, I can't wait to create St_Floyd_of_the_Knee for my next sentinel.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Gotcha. Overall I agree. I think they do need to tune crafting some to make it harder, but essentially the best you can craft is T3 while T2 and T1 are drops, so in some ways you still gotta pick up loot and ID it. Also the addition of +1 to skills just went in with the most recent patch, so I think they’re aware. My bigger problem is the lack of endgame shit to do. But I recognize they’re in beta.

Only correction I’d offer is you cannot continually craft an item. They will eventually fracture and be unable to further craft at best or actually poof at worst. I think there’s a third result that actually re-rolls some affixes and acts almost like a vaal but with only negatives. I personally think crafted items should be untradeable given how powerful their crafting is. We’ll see when they put in trade. I fear it’s gonna make it so easy to get gear that there’s no challenge even at the bleeding edge.

I actually haven’t played much at all. Simply going off what a couple friends are saying.

You can continually craft an item good enough (most likely) to last you through the game, and you can mitigate your fractures with guardians. You probably dont want to waste them TOO early, but if you do, its not like you need more than 5-6 of them to almost make your craft that'll last to end game near fracture proof.

If they wanted to be more creative, they should have a fracture add an additional prefix or suffix (or bump an existing one up a tier) so you could have 3 pre or 3 suff, or otherwise a really good one. Or otherwise, make it act like a vaal orb in PoE (except maybe not completely brick/change your item completely). It would add some additional reason to go all out crafting. But right now, fractures are just a rng mechanic to prevent you from crafting anymore on it.

This is the dagger I got for my rogue when I was like level 24 or something. I've been crafting it since, and as far as I can tell its probably one of the better daggers out there if I'm to go by what I am seeing others gear as, and in the end game I'm still rolling this, and it's not fractured yet. I dunno though maybe it sucks, but it seems allright.

1617489115307.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
You can continually craft an item good enough (most likely) to last you through the game, and you can mitigate your fractures with guardians. You probably dont want to waste them TOO early, but if you do, its not like you need more than 5-6 of them to almost make your craft that'll last to end game near fracture proof.

If they wanted to be more creative, they should have a fracture add an additional prefix or suffix (or bump an existing one up a tier) so you could have 3 pre or 3 suff, or otherwise a really good one. Or otherwise, make it act like a vaal orb in PoE (except maybe not completely brick/change your item completely). It would add some additional reason to go all out crafting. But right now, fractures are just a rng mechanic to prevent you from crafting anymore on it.

This is the dagger I got for my rogue when I was like level 24 or something. I've been crafting it since, and as far as I can tell its probably one of the better daggers out there if I'm to go by what I am seeing others gear as, and in the end game I'm still rolling this, and it's not fractured yet. I dunno though maybe it sucks, but it seems allright.

View attachment 345825
Any crafting where you can do something useful is better than the random PoE shit. I fucking hated their rng crafting. One person can get a 6L in one roll while someone else can take hundreds. (Guess which group I was in

Maybe they changed it since I played in like 2014/15 though idk.

I do agree LE crafting and itemization needs tweaked though, there’s just too much junk for me. I basically stopped paying attention to anything that dropped except for a few affixes I was hunting for to break down for components. I doubt I was even picking up 1 in 100 drops.

• 1Solidarity

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Any crafting where you can do something useful is better than the random PoE shit. I fucking hated their rng crafting. One person can get a 6L in one roll while someone else can take hundreds. (Guess which group I was in

Maybe they changed it since I played in like 2014/15 though idk.

I do agree LE crafting and itemization needs tweaked though, there’s just too much junk for me. I basically stopped paying attention to anything that dropped except for a few affixes I was hunting for to break down for components. I doubt I was even picking up 1 in 100 drops.

Yeah I don't know what it is, but many of the past ARPGs seem to have gotten loot so much better.

Titan quest / grim dawn, Darkstone, Diablo 2, Champions of Norrath, Sacred 2 etc.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I wish it was as controller friendly as Diablo 3. I love ARPGs but playing with mouse so long kills my wrist anymore, especially after all day on a computer at work.

I was playing with controller fine and used mouse for selling/gambling/crafting only

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I was playing with controller fine and used mouse for selling/gambling/crafting only
Yeah I do the same, but when I game with controller I sit in a recliner and move my desk chair. Annoying getting up and down so I just don’t do crafting and stuff until I’m about done. I’d just like them to make it all function on controller great like Diablo 3 did.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'd say PoE wins for Uniques, Grim Dawn wins for overall gearing (From leveling to end game), I was always looking for upgrades in Grim Dawn and you could feel every upgrade since they were more incremental

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I'd say PoE wins for Uniques, Grim Dawn wins for overall gearing (From leveling to end game), I was always looking for upgrades in Grim Dawn and you could feel every upgrade since they were more incremental
Grim dawn also wins on music and overall setting, at least IMO.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Sound is one of PoEs strengths. This game does not achieve its current popularity without OG shatter. It's one those immediate things that draws in a new player and feels good.

Shame their sound performance is optimized by the same smooth brains doing the rest of their engine. Turning off sound should not get you that much performance.

Music is the best part of some leagues like bestiary and delve. I really like Sirus' music too.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Sound is one of PoEs strengths. This game does not achieve its current popularity without OG shatter. It's one those immediate things that draws in a new player and feels good.

Shame their sound performance is optimized by the same smooth brains doing the rest of their engine. Turning off sound should not get you that much performance.

Music is the best part of some leagues like bestiary and delve. I really like Sirus' music too.

Sirus' music, Legion, and Breachstone music are my 3 favs on PoE. Also act 2 town.

I agree with you that sound is one of PoE's strengths though after maps, I generally just turn loot filter on and nothing else.

Caeden

I’m only mid 30’s in this. I think the itemization is better than people think now that they have mods that add +1 to skills and class specific -mana mods and “debuff on hit” mods, but you’re still hunting the right base with that mod. Probably way too easy to gear. Should be at endgame this weekend since I haven’t played much.

Playing a void knight and their version of cyclone needs some flash added. Same for a lot of the early class skills. Also need to really get some handle on the stupid approach for some builds of hitting 3 abilities on some builds with 1 second cool downs for “recently” buffs like poe flasks but instead it interrupts smooth gameplay. I have three non instants to hit while cycloning and GGG has spoiled me with their smooth play.

also they use mana cost in a heavy handed way to keep build power In line. About every build seems to devolve into solving mana.

graphics are ok but man do the characters need an overhaul. Just terrible. Environments are good. Bosses need less health and way more danger.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
They needed disentigrate to proc on hit effects for a build I was making. Wonder if that will eventually happen.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Kind of on topic. Some of you may like this guys POE music remixes. Some are better than others so check out a few if you’re mildly interested.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Patch tomorrow.

• 1Like

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Gonna be waiting like another a year+ for multiplayer unfortunately;

Caeden

I think multiplayer is coming this year.

Anyway, they’ve turned their endgame system into Delve with a systematically progressed story and boss fight system. I dunno. That seems like it could be pretty neat.

Their “Shaper” also has a random selection of abilities to pick from. I still think this is in a better shape than PoE at the same points in development. I still think multiplayer should have been in from the start though.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users