Last Epoch

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
To be honest, I really like this game, but I also dislike a lot of things about it.

Have they fixed the incredibly empty feel of the game yet ? Have they fixed the really odd attack animations? I'm not sure what it is, but when I attack in LE, I don't feel like I'm actually hitting anything. I feel like I'm just going through it.

Game is great, though, but it's got a really really long way to go based on the last time I played it.
I’m in same boat. There are some things I really like about it, the skill trees, build variety, graphics, class variety, some cool cut scenes. But there are others that are lacking, controller play could be better although they’ve improved it a lot over time. Sometimes there’s way too much warping around, I’m like wtf why did I have to warp six times in the last 2 minutes for this quest line. Animations could be better.

I still would recommend it as it’s EA and you can tell it’s a game that will be getting constant support and updates even after release. Overall it’s already a good game IMO.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I don’t know if they’ve fixed it. I hated a lot of the animations and emptiness. I think they plan to fix the animations this year.

Brodhi

I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.
<Donor>
Oh it goes beyond financial support.

As matter of personal ethics, I will not play the game.

Yea you stick it to them man. Fuck them for wanting to implement optional systems to maybe get paid for the initial, and continued support and development of a great game.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Tide27

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Last time I played it was a few months ago, so I may be relating a past performance with current iterations.

I thought the combat and such was fairly well done for most classes. I maxed out a bow build at 100 and had another few classes in the 50s and can certainly say I don't regret getting the game.

I do agree with Hateyou that there was some teleporting around a bit more than I would have liked in the questing portion of the game, but I found the monolith route of end game to be much better than PoEs mapping system to me.

PoE got to be such a spreadsheet simulator that I could no longer log in and just enjoy the game, nor did I have the patience to farm all the maps so that I could continue to progress.

Last Epoch hits the middle ground for me in ease of play, end game, and lootsplosions that it's current my favorite arpg.

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Oh it goes beyond financial support.

As matter of personal ethics, I will not play the game.
Wouldn't continuing to play the game while not buying packs signal them the strongest? You could stop playing for a variety of valid reasons that have nothing to do with the game or GGG.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
It is infected
You’re talking about tencent? I dunno. I feel the damage nerf is anti-tencent. If I was doing it for retention, I’d remove harvest (never put it in really), pile quest system on top of quest system to fully max out and…well I guess I’d do about what they’re doing. Only doesn’t tencent do shit like sell skips to maps or some shit in China?

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Tencent approach would be grindier, which nerfing player power implicitly does, but then also break up the progression in artificially small chunks to keep the illusion of progression but not really. Dailies, I believe they are called. Then lump in a whole ton of P2W.

Nirgon mad cuz not Brad.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Gonna try this tonight. What are the most powerful builds? I have extremely limited playtime so not able to try multiple things...

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Gonna try this tonight. What are the most powerful builds? I have extremely limited playtime so not able to try multiple things...

Boardman21 makes good builds and keeps them updated through the beta. Lots of his builds will get you to endgame, for something that crushes even the hardest monoliths you'd want something like Hammerdin Pally. His guides on endgame, crafting and loot filters are decent as well.

The forums have plenty of build guides in.

• 2Like

Brikker

Trump's Staff
I just yolo'd and went necromancer. Game is cool so far, only got a couple hours in though. Had ARPG itch and fuck the direction POE is going (plus POE is not a game for a family man).

• 4Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 4 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
How finished is this game? Is it worth waiting until release to get the "right" experience?
It’s got a lot of content at the moment but still doesn’t “feel” complete yet. There’s still lots of cool classes and builds and stuff so if you like trying different stuff I’d say now is a fine time to buy. If you want to grind to the top and see all the story and do endgame content, maybe wait a bit longer. Although the endgame “rift” type events are fun already. I played a couple classes to the rift content at the end and feel like I got my money’s worth, that was a couple big patches ago too.

• 4Like

Tide27

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I have a level 100, and a couple in the 90s. There is far enough content to keep you occupied for awhile and there is enough at this point to justify the purchase.

Your chars wont be wiped when the game goes live, but will be basically offline only and not on the multiplayer servers. So at the end of the day, can still keep the chars and test out builds.

One thing to keep in mind about a few of the buildmakers out there is that since the game files are stored locally prior to the switch to their own servers, gear can easily be generated on the client side at this time. Not like it matters, but I got frustrated watching some of the build makers have gear for like every different class / skill, and yet I couldnt managed to gear one out. Now that I know their secret, it didnt bother me so much.

I highly enjoyed the time I have in it and will cerrtainly play it on launch if im not still addicted to Lost Ark by then.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Big patch coming tomorrow:

• New Chapter and continuation of the story of Last Epoch
  • New Sentinel Skills
  • Necromancer skills Updates
  • Skill Improvements and Overhauls
  • New Primalist model and armor set
  • 45 New Weapon Models
  • and much, much more
I'm quite impressed with the way the games looking, the end game is interesting enough to keep me occupied for a couple of hours here and there. You can blaze through the chapters in no time at all on even the shittiest build (refreshing coming from PoE, where it feels like a chore). Being able to say bollocks to the chapters halfway through if you're bored and just hitting monos and returning later to finish up is nice.

Really enjoy crafting in this game - I've always got an entire stash of bases to work with, making something really nice is hard but not PoE levels of retard hard. The bossing is enjoyable late on for the most part, ground effects tend to be visible and major attacks are well telegraphed. Some bosses can be difficult with certain mods on them.

Glad they are reworking the char models as they look shit at the moment, most armour looks shit. They'll be selling mtx, so I presume that has something to do with the decision to make most of it look like trash.

While it's no PoE in its current state, I'd say the game is heading in the right direction. If they keep up this pace of development, it should be half decent on release.

Hoping multiplayer and trade will go in soon.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The best feature they could implement is a force move keybind. How this is not in games like this on day 1 is beyond me.