Last Epoch

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Looks like a good patch. Glad to hear the controller update and they still have a lot more updates planned for it. If it gets to be as controller friendly as D3 I can see playing it a lot more. Will still check this update out when I get time.

bolok

Trakanon Raider
Latest patch took a decent chunk outta my fps, but it seems less rapey on mass mobs and FX situtations. Lotsa griping in general chat about the fps hit. Pet AI is much better for Necro's and the general UI sprucing up is appreciated. I'd still love to see how many stacks of dots i'm actually applying tho.

bolok

Trakanon Raider
Still waiting on MP before i play it
Trading would be nice, but I'm not sure this is actually going to be a MP kinda game. They're certainly trying- with all the party centric skill traits, but we'll see. As it stands, with party buff stacking, you could probably do some gross stuff, but it doesn't seem like that's anywhere near required in any shape. .9 is supposed to be the MP release, and theoretically this year, but I'd expect end of the year at best.

It's missing a story chapter or 2, but it's quite solid at the moment for what it is.

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Man I am an original backer for this game, sounds like it is coming along decent. I haven't played since most of the mobs were just black/purple blobs of goo lol. Edit - yeah I was FIRST in the thread lololol.

I need to reinstall!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
I was having a great time with it until ME: LE hit. My Forge Guard dropping massive fiery anvils of death on everyone was a first for me. I really want to see what they do with the story as well.

• 1Like

Mountain Biker

Trakanon Raider
Somehow I just heard about this game. It has really flown under the radar. I plan on picking it up and giving it a shot. I've been hoping for an ARPG that is slightly less complicated than POE but much more complicated than D3 and this seems to be exactly that. From what I hear the devs are really working on adding lots of features. As a big Grim Dawn fan, I'm excited to try this out!

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
It's wild how some games just go completely unnoticed for years on Steam sometimes. Most recently had this happen with Nine Parchments... on sale for $5 this past Steam sale, friends and I now playing it co-op every few days.

Tide27

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I picked this up quite awhile back and planned on just playing it a few hours to see how it was, as I enjoy arpg games but don't like PoE.

Well over 100 hours later, can certainly say I got my monies worth already.

I'm not looking for perfection by any stretch, but Last Epoch is my favorite arpg atm.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I enjoy arpg games

YereFondRPGS.gif

Kaines

Potato Supreme
With the changes coming to POE, I'm kicking myself for not pulling the trigger on this during the summer sale.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
With the changes coming to POE, I'm kicking myself for not pulling the trigger on this during the summer sale.
Meh it’s worth $35. There’s no micro transactions, paying it up front is better.

• 1Like

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Granted I played a void cyclone build, but I found the game lacking.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
Meh it’s worth $35. There’s no micro transactions, paying it up front is better.
There's no microtransactions YET. Just like multiplayer, that's on the horizon.

I bought it before the sale for the $35, it was ok I guess but didn't quite grip me. I am shelving it for a year or so because it still has to ripen. They do have ambition so it might be another PoE in the making.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I know there's a ton of factors involved, so it's more than just microtransactions vs box cost.

I guess if you enjoy the game as a service, I would prefer PoE's microtransaction model. They've had some serious fuckups lately and being owned by tencent has made it really hard to justify buying any supporter packs, but the same would go for a box too. Except for a box, you don't get play the new content at all.

Box model first always leaves the door open for supplemental microtransactions later. I'm sure that's only been a detriment to WoW. Microtransactions first makes it really hard to justify tacking on box costs.

• 1Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Hey guys it's Chris here, just little old me against the world working on my little project still. Thanks for all your support buying the tabs. Try to ignore all the graphical face lifts and corporate conditioning crap that's finding it's way into this once great game. Your continued support sure means a lot!

He sold out just like Blizzard did. Screw him.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I think they’re going with box coat to cover shit like stash tabs and such but it sounded like leagues would be mtx funded. So it’s a hybrid. Seems reasonably ethical.

• 1Like

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
To be honest, I really like this game, but I also dislike a lot of things about it.

Have they fixed the incredibly empty feel of the game yet ? Have they fixed the really odd attack animations? I'm not sure what it is, but when I attack in LE, I don't feel like I'm actually hitting anything. I feel like I'm just going through it.

Game is great, though, but it's got a really really long way to go based on the last time I played it.