Last Epoch

turbo

Molten Core Raider
Same here, I don’t care for leagues. I understand how it keeps things fresh with rulesets, I just don’t like the idea of putting time in then it’s all gone. Plus I don’t have the time to anything meaningful in those short windows.

I started again yesterday, going for some kind of Druid build, idk what yet.

Link to your shield dash build? Probably won’t make them, just like reading good builds, may tag it for the future.
Shield Rushing Bomber | Build | 0.8.3E I think the most recent patch nerfed it slightly (or i am not far enough into build but seems like i dont have quiet the amount of orbs or boom it does) but still is doing pretty nasty. I lvl'd to 40 with erasing/warpath and then switched to this and went through mono's insanely fast to 70.

MP is slated for q1 by sounds of it they transitioned some of the dependancy systems to proven 3rd party vs their in house. I'm 100% happy to wait until the damn game is actually ready vs the steaming pile of half finished that is released in almost all genre's any more. Hoping to get my wife interested when MP hits as something i can help twink her out and she can enjoy casually while i min/max to my hearts content.

I just don't understand WHY THE FUCK can't the put auto pick up on gold/forge materials, loot filter is really solid but man its annoying to have to go pick up all the gold/crafting. Auto pick up that shit please for the love of god, i think most of us would pay 10 dollars each just for that....

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Grim Dawn is one of my favorite ARPG. I love the atmosphere, the music, the sounds, even the screen shake at times when I loathe screen shake in general....Its all done so well IMO. If you never played this game youre truly missing out.

Yikes... Didn't even realize it was in my library.

1639329228446.png

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
tbh, I might be sounding like a downer, but I have little faith in this game the longer it goes without MP.

I do love the game, and I see the potential and I think it can do well, but the lack of MP at this point is completely inexcusable. I would understand that if this game was a very early alpha, but even Path of Exile in closed alpha had multi player. As important of a feature this is, and the amount of testing MP takes to really get right (lord knows PoE had MP issues for years until they were mostly fixed), I think they are coming out with all this new content and stuff because they just can't figure out MP. Maybe that's me being really judgemental, but I can't think of any other reason why that wouldn't be top priority. More and more people are caring less and less about this game because their ridiculous priority seems to be class balance and shit and people just want to play this when MP is live. Class balance and shit can wait.

• 1Pathetic
Reactions: 1 user

Brodhi

I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.
<Donor>
It would be nice to at least see some movement on their server infrastructure., like step 1 just move all character assets server side so its not just another grim dawn I can abuse with character editors. I'd settle to see that happen until they figure out how to handle MP.

bolok

Trakanon Raider
Shrug, I can't think of anything that MP will improve. They've had had multiplayer on their roadmap for awhile in the same position it's always been. Probably be out in May or so i'd guess, but it sounds like they're gonna have a closed beta of sorts before then for it. Big patch every 3/4 months. New shit and new builds, keeps everyone interested. MP is just gonna accelerate blasting through the content and burning out faster. I'd much rather have the 2 missing classes before the MP. But I think it may be the otherway around. Have to look at the plan again.

POE multiplayer is just degenerate, can't imagine why you'd be in a huff for that.

• 2Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Yikes... Didn't even realize it was in my library.

View attachment 387430
You need to give it some more time. It’s a fantastic game. It has updated and improved a TON since 2016. The Malmouth expansion is a low point and kind of boring, but worth buying for the classes. The crucible expansion can be ignored completely. The rest is great.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
You need to give it some more time. It’s a fantastic game. It has updated and improved a TON since 2016. The Malmouth expansion is a low point and kind of boring, but worth buying for the classes. The crucible expansion can be ignored completely. The rest is great.
It's too fucking long, IMO. I burned out before I even really got to the expansions.

• 1Solidarity

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I typically duo in arpgs with my buddy...that would be most welcome in this game.

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
Rolled a VK autobomber for this patch. Leveling wasn't bad. It's an amazing monolith farmer. I haven't played my old Lightning nova mage to see if it was nerfed at all.

Why is it that looting is the worst part of these games? Do they all subscribe to the drivel that Chris, from GGG, spews every time it's brought up? I would be more than okay with not having to ever click a nameplate on the ground again. Even the vacuuming is not enough.

I hope that monoliths get changed at some point. I really don't enjoy them. Not surprising since I wasn't a fan of D3 farming rifts.

Whatever PoE has that hooks me this game is still lacking.

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Figures I roll a Druid to try a sprig build and that just got changed in the latest patch so there’s no builds for it yet, lol. Going to get my bladedancer going for now I guess. The builds that focus on shadows look fun.

Caeden

Rolled a VK autobomber for this patch. Leveling wasn't bad. It's an amazing monolith farmer. I haven't played my old Lightning nova mage to see if it was nerfed at all.

Why is it that looting is the worst part of these games? Do they all subscribe to the drivel that Chris, from GGG, spews every time it's brought up? I would be more than okay with not having to ever click a nameplate on the ground again. Even the vacuuming is not enough.

I hope that monoliths get changed at some point. I really don't enjoy them. Not surprising since I wasn't a fan of D3 farming rifts.

Whatever PoE has that hooks me this game is still lacking.
It’s the speed. A lot of the game is full of damage sponge mobs but no sense of danger to me.

I read people saying the new end campaign boss is overtuned and I blindly fought it and it fell over. It just took like 3x the time it was fun for.

it is a weird endgame. It’s like the map system, but like the rift system. Combined it’s missing something. I think maybe time between levels is annoying whereas poe does the level pace transitioning to the “cool drop” zones pace pretty well (as of Ritual or whatever that Trialmaster league was).

• 2Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
It’s the speed. A lot of the game is full of damage sponge mobs but no sense of danger to me.

I read people saying the new end campaign boss is overtuned and I blindly fought it and it fell over. It just took like 3x the time it was fun for.

it is a weird endgame. It’s like the map system, but like the rift system. Combined it’s missing something. I think maybe time between levels is annoying whereas poe does the level pace transitioning to the “cool drop” zones pace pretty well (as of Ritual or whatever that Trialmaster league was).

When I juiced the maps by constantly picking harder/more rewarding ones, it got a little scary.

The island bosses were the best part for me and the lore started to click a bit towards the end.

The campaign's pretty good. Slug boss does like no damage and takes a while to bring down. Didn't care for him, the spymaster one. Make his melee attacks much harsher or something.

• 2Like

Caeden

When I juiced the maps by constantly picking harder/more rewarding ones, it got a little scary.

The island bosses were the best part for me and the lore started to click a bit towards the end.

The campaign's pretty good. Slug boss does like no damage and takes a while to bring down. Didn't care for him, the spymaster one. Make his melee attacks much harsher or something.
I’m pushing a cyclone VK into monoliths this patch. I may change my mind.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
It's too fucking long, IMO. I burned out before I even really got to the expansions.
Too long lol what? You must suck at video games or something cuz it's definitely not too long. Can literally beat the entire game in a single day easily. Also, when a game is good who the fuck cares that it's too long. Jesus christ people like you are everything that is wrong with video games in general. Legit fucking impossible to please.

• 1Picard

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Too long lol what? You must suck at video games or something cuz it's definitely not too long. Can literally beat the entire game in a single day easily. Also, when a game is good who the fuck cares that it's too long. Jesus christ people like you are everything that is wrong with video games in general. Legit fucking impossible to please.
I think the Malmouth section is too long. Only because they reuse a lot of assets in that expansion and it drags on. The rest of the game? Shit bring it on. It changes mobs and scenery and mixes things up nicely. Yeah it’s pretty huge but like you said, that’s not a bad thing. Especially in an arpg where the game is based on farming and making new characters. If it was short and not many assets or lacking changes of scenery it would be more boring.

• 1Like

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I think the Malmouth section is too long. Only because they reuse a lot of assets in that expansion and it drags on. The rest of the game? Shit bring it in. It changes mobs and scenery and mixes things up nicely. Yeah it’s pretty huge but like you said, that’s not a bad thing. Especially in an arpg where the game is based on farming and making new characters. If it was short and not many assets or lacking changes of scenery it would be more boring.

I actually liked Malmouth more than the other expansion. Malmouth seemed to have more continuity to the world/lore while the other expansion was like "bam, here's some desert and jungles and shit"

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I actually liked Malmouth more than the other expansion. Malmouth seemed to have more continuity to the world/lore while the other expansion was like "bam, here's some desert and jungles and shit"
I like it too, I just think cutting it by a quarter would’ve helped. When I’m nearing the end I’m always like ok I’m ready to move on. I really don’t like the city portions of it with the weird pathing and shit. It looks cool I just hate the skinny paths, trying to move between floors.

• 1Solidarity

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I like it too, I just think cutting it by a quarter would’ve helped. When I’m nearing the end I’m always like ok I’m ready to move on. I really don’t like the city portions of it with the weird pathing and shit. It looks cool I just hate the skinny paths, trying to move between floors.
Yeah the urban areas got a little janky with the multi levels as well

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The GD campaign itself wasn't bad, it was having to do it three times that fucking sucked. Haven't played the game in a long time and don't own Forgotten Gods, but from what I understand you no longer have to deal with the stupid repetition while leveling.

What's the verdict on Last Epoch with the new patch? Worth getting now if you couldn't possibly care less about MP? I don't normally mess around with early access games, but this one is starting to sound like it's going to be in EA forever.

Malinatar

Lord Nagafen Raider
The GD campaign itself wasn't bad, it was having to do it three times that fucking sucked. Haven't played the game in a long time and don't own Forgotten Gods, but from what I understand you no longer have to deal with the stupid repetition while leveling.

What's the verdict on Last Epoch with the new patch? Worth getting now if you couldn't possibly care less about MP? I don't normally mess around with early access games, but this one is starting to sound like it's going to be in EA forever.

It's good and you'll easily get 80+ hours, probably hundreds more playing with builds/min-maxing. It gets much better each patch they release.

• 1Like