Last Epoch

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
The GD campaign itself wasn't bad, it was having to do it three times that fucking sucked. Haven't played the game in a long time and don't own Forgotten Gods, but from what I understand you no longer have to deal with the stupid repetition while leveling.

What's the verdict on Last Epoch with the new patch? Worth getting now if you couldn't possibly care less about MP? I don't normally mess around with early access games, but this one is starting to sound like it's going to be in EA forever.
It’s a good game, keeps getting better with each patch. They need to turn down drops or something though. I pretty much ignore everything yellow and below. There’s so much pointless trash, why even drop whites and greys in these games?

Anyways I think it’s already worth the price point, I’ve sunk 40 hours and haven’t done a whole lot, just trying different classes and builds.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Malmouth has a great vibe to it, but it's a bit long and depressing.

It's far from shit tho.

Brodhi

I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.
<Donor>
It’s a good game, keeps getting better with each patch. They need to turn down drops or something though. I pretty much ignore everything yellow and below. There’s so much pointless trash, why even drop whites and greys in these games?

Anyways I think it’s already worth the price point, I’ve sunk 40 hours and haven’t done a whole lot, just trying different classes and builds.

Yea thats my one complaint, scale back loot drops significantly. Shit that drops should be useful, interesting, important. No one gives a shit about 95% of what drops (this is across all modern arpgs). It becomes a chore to loot, to review each piece of gear. Its great you have a robust filter system, but its still a loot management chore.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Yea thats my one complaint, scale back loot drops significantly. Shit that drops should be useful, interesting, important. No one gives a shit about 95% of what drops (this is across all modern arpgs). It becomes a chore to loot, to review each piece of gear. Its great you have a robust filter system, but its still a loot management chore.
This game’s loot filter also needs some basic buttons. I have no idea what syntax it’s supposed to be, no idea how to write a loot filter. Grim Dawns is great, it’s a ton of check boxes.

bolok

Trakanon Raider
This game’s loot filter also needs some basic buttons. I have no idea what syntax it’s supposed to be, no idea how to write a loot filter. Grim Dawns is great, it’s a ton of check boxes.
Download one of the pre made filters to see how to organize one, then change it or make one of your own.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

dizzie

Triggered Happy

Filters in LE are xml. There are guides on youtube you can look at, you can define drops to very specific criteria if you spend 30 mins reading how to do it.

The loot filter in this game is pretty amazing once you get to grips with it.

• 2Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Filters in LE are xml. There are guides on youtube you can look at, you can define drops to very specific criteria if you spend 30 mins reading how to do it.

The loot filter in this game is pretty amazing once you get to grips with it.
Ah, I’ve edited xml before. I’m sure it’s nice for people really into the game. For filthy casuals like me it seemed overly complicated. I basically just made mine hide anything under yellow. Haven’t really focused on getting specific prefixes and suffixes yet, builds still change so much I don’t want to waste my time yet.

Tide27

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
To all the peeps complaining about the loot explosions....it can be completely nullified with loot filters. While the filters are great already, you can tweak it to the point to where you can run 10 monos and never see a drop if you want to do so.

In fact, if creating a filter is too time consuming, pretty much every build guide comes with one that you can just cntr-v / cntr -c and it take less than 30 secs to get one for your build.

I actually love having the choice. If you want the screen to be completely filled with loot, you can. If you want your loot to be only the exact gear you want, you can. And every other metric in the middle. The option is yours.

• 2Like

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Boardman21 does a shitload of builds, otherwise the last epoch website. I'm playing this one for example. Kinda like a lightning blade vortex, amazing dps, and still pretty tanky

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Made a fire paladin build and went apeshit until right after Lagoon (Spelling?) and abruptly got my butthole jammed in the next zone. Time to do some respeccing I guess. First AARPG I've enjoyed.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I went through and played a blade dancer with that new umbra skill. Pretty fun, jump all over the place and plop down spinning blades of death everywhere. Clearing echos now, it will be my highest level character soon, 67 at the moment.

I like what they’ve done with the game the last few patches. New snake area was fun. Echo layout is better than it used to be. Haven’t tried the end game dungeon yet, figure I’ll wait until I have a legendary I want to make first. The passives and map layouts are a lot better than they used to be.

I wish they’d hire a couple of artists to create armor and weapons full time. That and the couple missing classes are the only things making the game feel incomplete right now. Having all these uniques but no visual on most of them is lame.

turbo

Molten Core Raider
At 85 with my VK but going to start something else because I did something dumb and feel deflated.

i had an amazing Exalted BP insane damage and +12 void spell damage or something on it and all t5/6. So I went and ran the temple and had got a mid level not too special unique that had 3 adaptive spell damage and runs your life low for ward instead etc. so I thought I'd make a legendary transferring the insane void damage + spell void mod but didn't realize it was random so transferee my Necro resistance and lost my best piece :(

was only 1 LP so ya...if you are new be warned!

Trying to decide what to do based off any OP gear I've got but haven't got rock solid unique to make legendary. Have some options for a good 2H build but no clue what to look at.

kinda wanted to try minion class but don't want one where I have to explore my own minions. So maybe thinking about a sorc of some sort, maybe meteor build. I've always enjoy glass cannons

I have solid lighting damage and solid necrotic damage + minion damage gear, any good builds with them?

Kaines

Potato Supreme
At 85 with my VK but going to start something else because I did something dumb and feel deflated.

i had an amazing Exalted BP insane damage and +12 void spell damage or something on it and all t5/6. So I went and ran the temple and had got a mid level not too special unique that had 3 adaptive spell damage and runs your life low for ward instead etc. so I thought I'd make a legendary transferring the insane void damage + spell void mod but didn't realize it was random so transferee my Necro resistance and lost my best piece :(

was only 1 LP so ya...if you are new be warned!

Trying to decide what to do based off any OP gear I've got but haven't got rock solid unique to make legendary. Have some options for a good 2H build but no clue what to look at.

kinda wanted to try minion class but don't want one where I have to explore my own minions. So maybe thinking about a sorc of some sort, maybe meteor build. I've always enjoy glass cannons

I have solid lighting damage and solid necrotic damage + minion damage gear, any good builds with them?

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Being able to respec for a reasonable cost to screw around with builds or correct mistakes is a huge boon for this game.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Not sure if I like this so much, coming directly from Grim Dawn. My biggest issue is targeting and clicking on mobs. Never did it feel strange or like I wasn't able to do what I wanted in GD. But here it is constantly not attack/moving how I want and missing the enemy. It is at least 95% my problem but again, at no point in GD did it feel like an issue. Here it is jarring how bad it is to move around and attack.

Also the big worm boss in the cave by the bridge would crash the game repeatedly every single time for some reason. Turning the settings down to very low is the only thing that worked to get me past him. Checked HW Monitor and Precision X and no strange temps or clocks speeds, fan speeds. Card just died every time the fight started. Monitors stopped and it would forget my 2nd monitor.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
This game is just... good not great. It feels a bit like POE (a game I don't like very much) and I guess at level 60+ you just run the monoliths over and over again? I got my bladedancer up to 63 or so using a flurry/poison build and it's been pretty fun but I'm just about burnt out on this game and am longing to play Lost Ark again, as there is just so much more to do in that game and the combat is significantly better there as well. This is pretty fun though on the way to 70 but feels like it still needs some iterating. I also did a voidknight to about 55 and enjoyed the bladedancer more. Started a druid too but just felt weak as fuck

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
This game is just... good not great. It feels a bit like POE (a game I don't like very much) and I guess at level 60+ you just run the monoliths over and over again? I got my bladedancer up to 63 or so using a flurry/poison build and it's been pretty fun but I'm just about burnt out on this game and am longing to play Lost Ark again, as there is just so much more to do in that game and the combat is significantly better there as well. This is pretty fun though on the way to 70 but feels like it still needs some iterating. I also did a voidknight to about 55 and enjoyed the bladedancer more. Started a druid too but just felt weak as fuck
They just redid the Druid and I agree. It went from OP to mediocre. I’m sure they’ll tweak it up soon as it seems to be a common complaint on the forum, they just under tuned it when they reworked it.

• 2Like

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I bumped into a 58 shade of orobyss on my newest character that was a damn buzzsaw. Eventually gave up. He was blood and I was playing a 2H cyclone VK. Holy shit did he rip me a new one. Eventually I just rolled over to a different one and mowed him down (slowly). Mods were enemies heal x2 and enemies dodge x2. I assume mob mods stack. Combine that with the overall dmg spongey-ness of mobs and it was LOL. He had some blood mod that just sucked me dry. I think I had 70% phys resistance and I was so leech focused I had a hard time with all the shit coming at me. Other version was stupid easy but took forever. My gear is trash. I used to about hit endgame on a build then reroll

I watched a stormcrow (is that primalist?) build just eat this boss alive.

Revamped crafting seems cool. I don’t get in a SSF that getting ridiculously good gear is easy but with PoE level trade this game’s leagues will last a weekend at best.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Not sure if I like this so much, coming directly from Grim Dawn. My biggest issue is targeting and clicking on mobs. Never did it feel strange or like I wasn't able to do what I wanted in GD. But here it is constantly not attack/moving how I want and missing the enemy. It is at least 95% my problem but again, at no point in GD did it feel like an issue. Here it is jarring how bad it is to move around and attack.

Also the big worm boss in the cave by the bridge would crash the game repeatedly every single time for some reason. Turning the settings down to very low is the only thing that worked to get me past him. Checked HW Monitor and Precision X and no strange temps or clocks speeds, fan speeds. Card just died every time the fight started. Monitors stopped and it would forget my 2nd monitor.
Agree that this game felt weird coming straight from Grim Dawn. GD is extremely polished and feels perfect to me for an ARPG. There’s a couple things you can try that may help with LE. One that took me a while to realize is the left click button you can assign to both move plus any of your assigned skills if targeting a mob. The other is in the options there is a “classic targeting” check box that changes how it works to feel more like a traditional ARPG. I don’t really know what that does as I haven’t tried it.

My favorite way to play is with a controller (8bitdo pro 2 is sick) when playing the action portion. When it comes to navigating menus, selling, picking skills, map, etc I switch to KBM.

• 2Like