Latin fever ( not the good kind )

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Fuck bringing back DDT. Nasty stuff. I'm no green peacer by any means, but the ecosystem fuckups by killing off so many birds and messing with food chain was bad. Reason they make jokes about the old fogger trucks in neighborhoods (on F is for family most recently) Shit was helping kill off Bald Eagles, forget if anything was said to go extinct but it was declining many bird populations.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Saw a few weeks ago they were asking women in the area where it's been an outbreak to put off having children till 2017.

I live in podunkville in the south and the county sprays for them here once a week with the fogger on the back of a truck. I assume they do that in most areas where they have lots of them. They did it when I live in Baton Rouge as well.

khorum

Murder Apologist
It looks like a screenshot from Cities:Skylines when you're trying to get the "Poop Tsunami" achievement. Except it's actual Rio and the Olympics are in seven months:

edW6bCI.jpg

stupidmonkey

Not Smrt
<Gold Donor>
Was there in September but going back to Rio and Belo Horizonte on Thursday for Carnaval. Wish me luck bros.

earthfell

Golden Knight of the Realm
Well they're the B in BRICS, after all so... yeah. They can't be anywhere near as bad as India though. Brazilians DO poo in their loos, it's just that they flush it all straight into the river.

Indians are on a whole different plane of public pooing.

It's not the mosquitoes that need to die. 60 million human deaths a year just isn't enough. Someone has to say it!

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
Reminds me of all the little kids in China wearing their assless pjs, pissing and shitting everywhere.

khorum

Murder Apologist
Nah we just have to get off the planet.

Leave this shithole for the dindus, goatfuckers and the poos-in-the-loos.

We got to the moon with a $100 billion over 10 years (inflation-adjusted) and that was the PEAK of our GTFO-earth spend:

1579a.jpg

Thing is, not only did we go from low-earth-orbit to landing twelve human beings on the moon in about ten years and built an entire industrial complex for going much further, that was actually A DIP in overall government spending for the US:

usgs_chart2p21.png

Despite hemming-and-hawing about the cost of GTFO'ing off Earth, it's actually a miniscule proportion of our national budget. Extrapolating the progress we could've made by maintaining or growing the national priority on getting the fuck off Earth is a interesting---and depressing---exercise. At the tail end of 70's when we had skylab up there, we were already fabricating smaller spacecraft in orbit with a reduced budget priority. We could be building tugs to boost ice asteroids into Mars by now.

Of course the rest is history and now we gotta beg for Tesla's shareholders to get a hardon for Mars if we ever want to escape imminent extinction from some mutant mosquito because some durka's ancestors never bothered to invent sewage systems.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Nah we just have to get off the planet.

Leave this shithole for the dindus, goatfuckers and the poos-in-the-loos.

We got to the moon with a $100 billion over 10 years (inflation-adjusted) and that was the PEAK of our GTFO-earth spend:

1579a.jpg

Thing is, not only did we go from low-earth-orbit to landing twelve human beings on the moon in about ten years and built an entire industrial complex for going much further, that was actually A DIP in overall government spending for the US:

usgs_chart2p21.png

Despite hemming-and-hawing about the cost of GTFO'ing off Earth, it's actually a miniscule proportion of our national budget. Extrapolating the progress we could've made by maintaining or growing the national priority on getting the fuck off Earth is a interesting---and depressing---exercise. At the tail end of 70's when we had skylab up there, we were already fabricating smaller spacecraft in orbit with a reduced budget priority. We could be building tugs to boost ice asteroids into Mars by now.

Of course the rest is history and now we gotta beg for Tesla's shareholders to get a hardon for Mars if we ever want to escape imminent extinction from some mutant mosquito because some durka's ancestors never bothered to invent sewage systems.
you would never want to leave this planet for the moon. look at how many craters the moon has, its our planets shield. it takes the big hits. you also dont want to strand yourself on a planet with no atmosphere, i mean shit, you would have to live on your own recirculated piss and shit just to survive there and you want to give the dindus a luscious planet?

khorum

Murder Apologist
Well my ancestors left them a "luscious" continent for the icebound fjords and black forests where Wotan roamed. We've done pretty well for ourselves.

Besides the moon was just the FIRST decade. Just think about that in gamer-timescale: in the time we went from vanilla WoW to the last Warlords of Draenor patch, this country went from sending John Glenn on an orbital tour in a hypersonic golfcart to landing twelve men on the moon and bringing them back.

We wouldn't necessarily be colonizing Mars or Europa, we could just all be chilling in dope orbital residences like Elysium but prolly further away so illegal immigrants cant just hop onto the next ore shipment and sneak in.