Le Football 2018/2019

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, we tried to buy him two years ago and would probably still buy him. He played well today.

What was the bid 2 years ago? Like ~$13M or something? Dortmund going to ask for a whole lot more from anyone before they actually sell now.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
What was the bid 2 years ago? Like ~$13M or something? Dortmund going to ask for a whole lot more from anyone before they actually sell now.

Well yes the market is completely different now. From a USMNT perspective you’d have to hope he stays at Dortmund anyway as he’d never start for LFC regularly now nor back then. He needs a good couple of seasons regularly starting and contributing as his output last year was pretty poor.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Well yes the market is completely different now. From a USMNT perspective you’d have to hope he stays at Dortmund anyway as he’d never start for LFC regularly now nor back then. He needs a good couple of seasons regularly starting and contributing as his output last year was pretty poor.

LFC not the only one that has been poking around on him. I agree we want him somewhere where he is starting and getting big minutes. I think if he has a good season this year at Dortmund you might to see some of the bigger teams start to really kick the tires on him. Dortmund is a good spot for him currently.

Amycus

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yeah, it’s been hard to not be very doom and gloom in regards to the upcoming season. Never loved Jose at ManU, but I support the club, not the manager, so I have to make the best of it. He is fucking cancer, long term, regardless of how much he has won.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Didn't someone say in old thread they had tickets for a Liverpool pre season, if it was today's United game you're getting a good one!

Amycus

Lord Nagafen Raider
I’m at the game. I support ManU though, so not so great for me, heh. Been an awesome experience though, all the same.

Pool is going to be something else, this campaign, I’m sad to say. Friendly or not, they’re playing to win, which is what fucking winners do. United offer literally nothing in their attack, and don’t look they give a shit. I know we’re without several players, and it’s pre-season, but fml put in the effort.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I’m at the game. I support ManU though, so not so great for me, heh. Been an awesome experience though, all the same.

Pool is going to be something else, this campaign, I’m sad to say. Friendly or not, they’re playing to win, which is what fucking winners do. United offer literally nothing in their attack, and don’t look they give a shit. I know we’re without several players, and it’s pre-season, but fml put in the effort.

Glad you had fun. Your analysis matches what United forum redcafe is saying, very anti Mourinho due to poor performance

Amycus

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yeah, redcafe is toxic as hell lately. Preseason has been incredibly dull, leaving expectations for the beginning of the season very low. Add to that the underwhelming transfer window, and the likelyhood of a José meltdown, and it’s bonkers over there.

Pyratec

Golden Knight of the Realm

Makes me so happy to hear a United fan say this. Seems like United and Pool have slowly switched places, starting with the retirement of Alex Ferguson. Interesting to see just how responsible he was for the winning mentality and success at United over the years.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
I think Mourinho has lost it already. Maybe everybody will be wrong and they'll come flying out of the block in 2 weeks but the way he's talking now it's to get in the excuses for a shit season. Just watch this, ridiculous:

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Man U vs Madrid. It's nice to see a clean game. But the strong defense vs strong offense, shitty defense is showing. 2-1. Madrid can't score like they should, clock is ticking and not enough time left to dissect the defense to make plays for goals when they've already given up two very easy goals. Fans of both clubs, so I can unwittingly see the weaknesses of each. If it goes 2-2 into OT, Madrid has a chance. Though I could see this one ending 4-1.

Last edited:

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
It was Real Madrid's first friendly of the pre-season and they only played 2-3 starters at any one time. I'd be more disappointed as a ManU fan that they couldn't generate any offense against basically a mixture of u19/u23 with what is probably half of the team that will start against Leicester next weekend. If you compare it to the Barca/Roma game later where it was the same setup, Barca's first game against a Roma team well into their pre-season, where once Barca threw on all the kids Roma just dominated the game. In the same situation ManU couldn't even get a shot on goal.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Now that the community shield is out of the way figure it's prediction time.

Predictions:
Top four:
1. Liverpool 2. Man City 3. Spurs 4. Arsenal

Bottom three: 18. Everton 19. Huddersfield 20. Cardiff

Player of the Season: Mohammed Salah
Young Player of the Season: Naby Keita
Coach of the Season: Klopp
First manager sacked: Jose Mourinho
Flop of the Season: Fred

faille

Molten Core Raider
As a liverpool fan, it's hard not to go into this season feeling positive but over loved through too many, this is our season's to get my hopes too high.

Pre season has been nearby flawless but it also hasn't really tested us the way we need it the most. The loss against Dortmund was just a late swing of the game. What we really need is to pull those wins out, after a full game when everything else has failed.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
It's more about managing expectations. Yes I'm an LFC fan and I'm going to want and hope we win everything possible and for the first time in years we probably have the squad to make a run at everything. With that said we were 26 points behind ManC and while I'm predicting us to win the league in all honesty it's probably a pipe dream, and that goes the same for everybody else. It will take a minor miracle for ManC to drop enough points to make it an actual race again, they probably should win the league by at least 10 points. So if ManC wins the quadruple yet we're better than last year is the season a failure? I'm sure a lot will say yes but that seems ridiculous to me as there is nothing anybody can do about ManC being run by a sovereign nation states wealth fund.

I'm not really sure how you achieve the "test" the squad needs in pre-season. Start the kids, wait until they're losing then throw on all the starters? It's pre-season, regardless of who was on the pitch we had a pattern of play and created chances and for the whole defended really well with no major injuries incurred. I'm not sure what more you could ask for.

Pyratec

Golden Knight of the Realm
Top Four: 1. Man City 2. Liverpool 3. Man United 4. Chelsea

Bottom Three: 18. Huddersfield 19. Brighton 20. Cardiff

Player of the Season: Kevin de Bruyne
Young Player: Naby Keita
Coach of the Year: Klopp
First Sacked: Mourinho
Flop of the Season: No idea

Tottenham hasn't brought anyone in, Arsenal didn't do enough but the new manager might shake things up a bit. I think Liverpool had the best transfer window but are still a notch below City. Should be an interesting year at any rate.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Same old ManU. Hopefully that's the worst game we have to see this weekend.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Lol Alexis

City
Pool
Chelski
Arse
Manc
Spurs

CL - barca
EL - Chelski