Le Football 2018/2019

Pyratec

Golden Knight of the Realm
Juventus here in Bern is the very last game of the group stage, feels bad man. At least we open it up with Man U here.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Should have never been nervy at the end as LFC had enough chances for 3-4 goals easily. Not sure what the deal is with Mane/Salah so far this season but they are not on the same page. Either way I'll take it. LFC is looking really good, now onto PSG on Tuesday!

Pyratec

Should have never been nervy at the end as LFC had enough chances for 3-4 goals easily. Not sure what the deal is with Mane/Salah so far this season but they are not on the same page. Either way I'll take it. LFC is looking really good, now onto PSG on Tuesday!

Pool looked solid against PSG. Should never have been as close as it was, I thought LFC was a step above PSG for the majority of the game. In the end the result was the correct one I feel.

Now for tonight, we´ve got Man U here in Bern. The town is buzzing, not often we get a big team like them into our sleepy little town. Hopefully we can pull a repeat of 2011 when Basel beat Man U at home but realistically I´m predicting a 3-0 or 3-1 for Man U. We are 6-0-0 in the league so far with a +15 goal difference but that is the Swiss league so doesnt mean a whole lot. Either way the atmosphere will be great, first ever Champions League group stage game in the history of the club, sold out stadium, great weather, I´m really looking forward to tonight.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
PSG were awful, Neymar didn't look interested at all. 2-2 would have flattered them but that would be Liverpool's fault for not killing the game off (just like vs Spurs).

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
I think both PSG and Spurs looked bad because LFC is really fucking good. They aren't bad teams and I get tired of people saying they had an off day instead of crediting LFC for making them play that way. There's only 4 teams in the world where we probably would not be favored to win in a tie, otherwise if LFC plays the way they can they should win. That's quite a leap since Klopp took over and with our finances continuing to grow there's no reason we can't continually build on this with only Klopp eventually stepping away being the main concern.

For PSG, the way they play obviously works in Ligue 1 and it's somewhat surprising that Tuchel isn't trying to change it. Either way the only issue was for our clear dominance we did not create that many clear cut chances. Our midfield played great but taking out Keita seems to dampen our offensive output as it was the lowest stats wise since the LCFC game which again had the same midfield 3 as last night.

Pool looked solid against PSG. Should never have been as close as it was, I thought LFC was a step above PSG for the majority of the game. In the end the result was the correct one I feel.

Now for tonight, we´ve got Man U here in Bern. The town is buzzing, not often we get a big team like them into our sleepy little town. Hopefully we can pull a repeat of 2011 when Basel beat Man U at home but realistically I´m predicting a 3-0 or 3-1 for Man U. We are 6-0-0 in the league so far with a +15 goal difference but that is the Swiss league so doesnt mean a whole lot. Either way the atmosphere will be great, first ever Champions League group stage game in the history of the club, sold out stadium, great weather, I´m really looking forward to tonight.

I'll be rooting for you :)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Pyratec

Well, for the first half hour it looked like we might give them a real go last night, then Pogba produced his moment of quality followed quickly by the ref fucking us and the wind just went out of our sails. I guess I should be happy that my 3-0 prediction was correct but I also think we could have gotten something more out of the game, a goal at least to salvage some honor. Ah well, life goes on.

At least City lost :smuggly:

• 1Like

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Well, for the first half hour it looked like we might give them a real go last night, then Pogba produced his moment of quality followed quickly by the ref fucking us and the wind just went out of our sails. I guess I should be happy that my 3-0 prediction was correct but I also think we could have gotten something more out of the game, a goal at least to salvage some honor. Ah well, life goes on.

At least City lost :smuggly:

I just watched the highlights but that penalty call was truly garbage. The stats show a pretty even game as well. Sucks you didn't get the breaks but at least it wasn't a walk in the park for them.

• 1Like

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Dn-Nmd3W0AIQiMM.jpg

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Oh man, I largely don't care how the league shakes out this season (though I do think Arsenal is capable of sneaking 4th!) - but the meltdown between Pogba, Mourinho, Woodward, and United has been a true delight. I am actually surprised it's taken as long as it had given how Maureen left Chelski, but the writing was on the wall. He's actually lost it and it couldn't be happening to a nicer man. Pogba is an insufferable twat, but at least he wants to play, actually play pleasing football. If I'm Woodward, I sack Maureen tomorrow and keep the team - the shear regression they show every week (Sanchez in particular L O L) is shocking, and Mourinho is a driving force behind it. They're not world class at every position, far from it, but the amount of talent on the team should EASILY see them come 3rd/4th and they look miles off CL positions.

No sport is more entertaining off the field than soccer, nothing is even close.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Yo Jozu, I think your boy Ronaldo might be having some rape/sexual assault issues. Sucks that he already admitted it in documents. Oh well.

faille

Molten Core Raider
Really wish we were playing Man U in the near future. There's every chance they'll have a new manager and have turned things around by the time we get a chance at them.

Amycus

Lord Nagafen Raider
ManU’s problems go deeper than just José. He needs to go, for sure, and I’m sure we’ll get a bit of the “impress the new manager” intensity. But, that will be that, and we’ll be back to being a circus.

colossalFISH

Silver Knight of the Realm
Before the game I would have snapped your hand off for a point at fortress Anfield, but after that abysmal penalty miss by Mahrez it feels like 2 points dropped! Oh well I guess in the end it was a fair result.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Meh, I'm biased but it was a bullshit pen for me and the slow mo replays seem to confirm that. Sane was going down before VvD even went in.

I'd also like to know how many YC's Fernandinho picked up, should have been a new record or up there with some of Fellaini's classics.

Anyway, think LFC came out of this run alright. 8 points from 12 in the league with a much easier run coming up. Could have been better but it is what it is.

faille

Molten Core Raider
Last few games have been a bit disappointing, as much for the performace as the results.
I think it was a legit penalty but I want to know why the foul of Salah (I think) was ignored in the build up.
Man City seem to get away with so many niggly fouls. They really are a dirty team imo. Oops, I mean experienced!