Le Football 2018/2019

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
US men's team is garbage, full stop. They have and always will be (though I do hope they pull their heads out of their collective asses some day). Mexico lucked out on a goal, because they were equal parts complete trash. Shady as fuck as a team, overall just flat out lacking of any respect or honor. Not to say the US team had either, also. It was just a trash game. Mexico being Mexico (playing dirty, dumb, shortsighted), US being US (playing like goddamn amateurs, not interested, can't make plays, can't make goals, fuck why are you even on the field fuck Jesus titty fucking christ).

At least the women represented. Too bad they had to be all fucking gay about that shit. Literally.

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
On a sidenote, I'd probably eat Alex Morgan's ass right after she'd played a full game. Probably

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
On a sidenote, I'd eat Alex Morgan's ass right after she'd played a full game.
Fixt.

Seeing her drunk twerk made the nerd fascination explode.

zFIP3RsYagHtRGolf4y3KF5BtaLkHTRQiDoGpdrfgNg.gif

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Yes, they should be paid more than the US men's team. All they are fighting for is the same though. This doesn't even get into the fact that the majority of US Men's players are paid more by their club which makes their national team pay somewhat irrelevant whereas the woman depend on the NT team pay.

As far as soccer overall, you do understand that soccer is a global game and soccer players in general contain the highest paid athletes in the world? Ronaldo has a lifetime $1bn Nike contract. Messi is paid something like $140m a year. No USWNT player is saying they should even get 1/10 of that. Just like our retarded mod friend who swooped in earlier why not read a bit before mouthing off like a fool?

Megan Rapinoe on the mic after the World Cup victory said:
"Everyone is kind of asking what's next and what we want to come of all of this," Rapinoe said afterward. "It's to stop having the conversation about equal pay and are we worth it and should we and the investment piece. What are we going to do about it? Gianni, what are we going to do about it? Carlos, what are we going to do about it?

So she directly addresses Gianni, the head of FIFA about the matter and you're going to try and tell me I'm the one mouthing off without knowing what I'm talking about? Just like in all other arguments on this board, you are only taking the part of the narrative you want to push and ignoring all other evidence to the contrary.

Kaines

Potato Supreme
USA USA USA!!

As a Baylor alumn I am duty bound to cheer more for the womens' team than the mens'.

• 1Worf

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
USA USA USA!!

As a Baylor alumn I am duty bound to cheer more for the womens' team than the mens'.
US men's team is garbage, full stop. They have and always will be (though I do hope they pull their heads out of their collective asses some day). Mexico lucked out on a goal, because they were equal parts complete trash. Shady as fuck as a team, overall just flat out lacking of any respect or honor. Not to say the US team had either, also. It was just a trash game. Mexico being Mexico (playing dirty, dumb, shortsighted), US being US (playing like goddamn amateurs, not interested, can't make plays, can't make goals, fuck why are you even on the field fuck Jesus titty fucking christ).

At least the women represented. Too bad they had to be all fucking gay about that shit. Literally.

Baylor does love them some wummenz sports!

Ya, those US/MEX games are always really obnoxious to watch - both teams act like petulant dweebs from the off, and the US still trotting out Bruce Arena era players makes it just unwatchable garbage. There are a few bright lights in the squad, but not enough for me to get excited over yet. I mean, they can't be that great when Bradley still plays as many minutes as he does

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Discussion about pay in football is not off topic because Rapinoe is directly responsible for politicizing the world cup and giving it just as much attention as the games themselves

The reason the US women's team is "better" than the men's is because football is a man's game everywhere but the U.S. Football is also the primary men's sport everywhere else

Therefore the US men's team is well behind the rest of the world in terms of development, and the US women's team is ahead of the rest of the world.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

SimSimSalabim

Molten Core Raider
Speaking as a US citizen about the US teams, I think an equal stipend for all athletes representing the US in world wide tournaments like this is how it should be. Things like gender, star power, revenue generated or even levels of success shouldn’t factor into that.

But when it comes to the size of the prize pool for a tournament run by an organization like FIFA then it’s just going to be economics. For the women to make more of an equal prize winnings the women’s game would have to become more popular world wide.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I mean, to my understanding their salaries were from their collective bargaining agreement a few years back. When that contract ends they can renegotiate. That's how it is in most unions, I don't get the big deal and I'm all about equal pay.

Also correct me if I'm wrong, but don't women get a guaranteed salary whether they play or not while men get paid mostly off bonuses?

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
So she directly addresses Gianni, the head of FIFA about the matter and you're going to try and tell me I'm the one mouthing off without knowing what I'm talking about? Just like in all other arguments on this board, you are only taking the part of the narrative you want to push and ignoring all other evidence to the contrary.

What exactly are you arguing for then? I don't see Rapinoe or any other WNT player saying they should be paid like Messi and her complaint about Infantino is about how the gap between women and mens pay is growing not shrinking per FIFA's payouts. Here's more of her comments which again don't jive with what you're saying:

“It’s certainly not fair,” she added. “Double it now and use that number to double it or quadruple it for the next time. I think that is what I mean when we talk about, ‘Do we feel respected?’
“I read Fifa cares about the women’s game. If you really care about the game in the same way, why are you letting the gap grow?
“We’re not asking for $450 million. For lots of different reasons the men’s game is far more advanced financially than the women’s game, but if you are letting the gap grow and scheduling three finals, and you are you letting federations play two games against each other in the four years between tournaments… no.

“We need attention and detail and the best minds in the women’s game helping it grow. It is a very complex problem and thing to be a part of, but the resources are there and brainpower is there, it’s all there.
“It’s just wanting to do it and caring enough about it to make it happen.
“We are making a [men’s] World Cup in Qatar happen, that’s how much they care about the men’s World Cup after everything that is happening there.”

I wasn't aware of any twerking videos but having seen it now, I must say that I'm not impressed by what I saw. Although, she's quite thicc

I had to look for this and her teammate screaming "Oh she's dirty" just had me rolling.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
I mean, to my understanding their salaries were from their collective bargaining agreement a few years back. When that contract ends they can renegotiate. That's how it is in most unions, I don't get the big deal and I'm all about equal pay.

Also correct me if I'm wrong, but don't women get a guaranteed salary whether they play or not while men get paid mostly off bonuses?

Without getting to far into the weeds here the differences are due to men making more for Club than Country so there's no need for a salary like the women who make basically nothing in the NWSL. Once you're selected for the WNT you then get the salary but it comes with a bunch of strings attached to it. Horan for instance had to quit playing for PSG at a much higher wage and go play in the NWSL or she wouldn't be selected.

As far as how they can sue when they have a CBA, here you go - How USWNT's CBA, EEOC impact new equal pay lawsuit

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Just heard on cowherd that the rating for the women's final was 20% higher then the men's last year. Granted you have a nation that pretty much tuned in for it that didn't in the men's final. Be interesting to compare numbers if the US men's team and the US women's team both appeared in back to back years so you only have a 1 year difference.

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
what I've noticed is that US viewers only watch international sports (olympics, WC etc) when they have contenders for gold. That's why they care about swimming and gymnastics and track and field once every 4 years for about a month. The only reason they watch womens world cup, is that women are able to win. There's nothing wrong with that. And in a couple of weeks general public won't care any more, unless the pink haired dyke goes on a press tour yapping about injustice. And then people just want her to shut up

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
When the womens world cup tourney starts generating billions of viewers, and even more billions in pure money, they can start bitching about FIFA being unfair, imo. FIFA probably doesn't put in much effort in promoting or making deals for that to ever happen, but there has to be an interest in watching / attending Womens world cup games that can compare to Mens for that to ever begin happening. As far as I know, they (Womens world cup) are nowhere near that level yet. Am I wrong?

Cybsled

In the US women should get equal pay to men for soccer, considering no one gives a fuck about male soccer here lol

I did read an interesting article on BBC. Estimates are on 13 million women worldwide play soccer, but over 9 million are in the US.

• 1Like

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Speaking as a US citizen about the US teams, I think an equal stipend for all athletes representing the US
Just heard on cowherd that the rating for the women's final was 20% higher then the men's last year. Granted you have a nation that pretty much tuned in for it that didn't in the men's final. Be interesting to compare numbers if the US men's team and the US women's team both appeared in back to back years so you only have a 1 year difference.

The USA men's team won't qualify for the world cup final in our lifetimes

Last edited: