Le Football 2018/2019

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
In the US women should get equal pay to men for soccer, considering no one gives a fuck about male soccer here lol

I did read an interesting article on BBC. Estimates are on 13 million women worldwide play soccer, but over 9 million are in the US.

If that number is true than they are never going to get equal attention because it is not truly international. They need the US association to step up and start paying/promoting it at a loss to draw in more eyes. Viewership is all that matters and if they cannot turn eyes on the screen into money in the bank then they deserve their low pay.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
what I've noticed is that US viewers only watch international sports (olympics, WC etc) when they have contenders for gold. That's why they care about swimming and gymnastics and track and field once every 4 years for about a month. The only reason they watch womens world cup, is that women are able to win. There's nothing wrong with that. And in a couple of weeks general public won't care any more, unless the pink haired dyke goes on a press tour yapping about injustice. And then people just want her to shut up

US viewers watch the WNT more than the MNT consistently, not just once every 4 years. I get what you're saying in general but it really has little practical effect to the argument people are making.

When the womens world cup tourney starts generating billions of viewers, and even more billions in pure money, they can start bitching about FIFA being unfair, imo. FIFA probably doesn't put in much effort in promoting or making deals for that to ever happen, but there has to be an interest in watching / attending Womens world cup games that can compare to Mens for that to ever begin happening. As far as I know, they (Womens world cup) are nowhere near that level yet. Am I wrong?

This subject could be a thread in and of itself as the Mens WC, somewhat like the Olympics, has morphed into a vehicle for massive graft, theft and political corruption than an actual sporting event. So it's not an apples to apples comparison to begin with. Then as you are noting it's a bit unfair as FIFA doesn't spend anywhere near the same amount of money to promote the tournament because again there's not as many opportunities to commit financial crimes. Supposedly there wasn't any marketing campaign at all in France to get local fans out to the games.

With that said I do believe the games broke viewing records in the UK and Netherlands and did pretty well here as noted. With some decent support who's to say how much more it can grow, certainly more room here in the US.

Season's over, right? I guess some American can now start the *shudder* "Soccer 2019/20" thread.

Yep, seasons over now. Let's do this!

If that number is true than they are never going to get equal attention because it is not truly international. They need the US association to step up and start paying/promoting it at a loss to draw in more eyes. Viewership is all that matters and if they cannot turn eyes on the screen into money in the bank then they deserve their low pay.

US women account for 40% of all women soccer players in the world. Has to do with Title IX and getting your kids into school. With two daughters that both play year round the issues of US soccer are pretty front and center for me and to get more viewers you need to get more people engaged. A bit hard when the majority of players are white from the suburbs.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
US women account for 40% of all women soccer players in the world. Has to do with Title IX and getting your kids into school. With two daughters that both play year round the issues of US soccer are pretty front and center for me and to get more viewers you need to get more people engaged. A bit hard when the majority of players are white from the suburbs.

My wife played collegiate softball and I think they have the same problem but no national tournament to make their case since the Olympics sidelined it a decade ago. I know it is coming back but they are fighting an uphill battle for eyes in a country that has too many options and where most of the men's leagues just offer a more exciting product for viewers.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
My wife played collegiate softball and I think they have the same problem but no national tournament to make their case since the Olympics sidelined it a decade ago. I know it is coming back but they are fighting an uphill battle for eyes in a country that has too many options and where most of the men's leagues just offer a more exciting product for viewers.

Getting way off base now but the best player on my oldest daughters team is now going way hard into softball instead as her Dad says it's where the "money" is. I'm assuming he means scholarships as yeah, there's no professional league or anything. She's also a terrible softball player in comparison to soccer.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Women's soccer gets a higher percentage total from FIFA compared to men. The overly pool is just smaller

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
No one can post things you don't like. Got it, good rule.
You can post things on their proper threads, this is a thread about football, not about politics. You from the beginning started with the politics bullshit. You wanna talk football go for it.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
You can post things on their proper threads, this is a thread about football, not about politics. You from the beginning started with the politics bullshit. You wanna talk football go for it.
What are you talking about? So I can't talk about it but everyone else can?

• 1Salty
Reactions: 1 user

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>

It's amusing I guess. Are you always this awful as a mod? Is it some joke I've missed out on and why the others voted for you in that it's some interesting level of terribad? I'm assuming it's that your an actual racist which fits in with most other posters around here these days but humor me, by all means.

• 1Picard
  • 1Salty
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Delly

Trakanon Raider

He quoted a post from when you were still talking about disrespecting the country, which no one brought up in all of June/July until your dumbass said something. If you want to talk about equal pay only then w/e but your other off topic discussion is best suited for the general forums. So sure, you can talk about it but your opinion in this thread has been so trash that maybe you shouldn't. But keep outing yourself.

At least you're easy to spot with your mod tag, moron.

Last edited:
  • 1Salty
  • 1Seriously?
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>

There is difference between talking about the pay difference between male and female soccer teams, and that conversation should be probably better suited here.... and how Rapinoe is a cunt munching cunt and how she should be raped six ways from Sunday in order for her to see the straight and patriotic MAGA light.

Maybe one of those two belong here, maybe other one doesn't. Be a mod, figure it out.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
There is difference between talking about the pay difference between male and female soccer teams, and that conversation should be probably better suited here.... and how Rapinoe is a cunt munching cunt and how she should be raped six ways from Sunday in order for her to see the straight and patriotic MAGA light.

Maybe one of those two belong here, maybe other one doesn't. Be a mod, figure it out.
Humm, where was that posted?