Le Football 2018/2019

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
You're continuing an off topic argument on what amod can./can't, should/shouldn't do.

Just take that part of the discussion to ask amod. You know your posts are going to be inflammatory to literally 90% of the posters in this thread and were asked to stop. You've seen the reports as well, there's no reason it should still be going.

Just get back on topic and move along, everyone's happy. -shrug-

Zyy could have done a quick google search and had his question answered in seconds. Instead on the day they win he comes here as a mod and posts that shit? He knew what he was doing. And then another mod says it's a realistic discussion? WTF is this shit?

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Zyy could have done a quick google search and had his question answered in seconds. Instead on the day they win he comes here as a mod and posts that shit? He knew what he was doing. And then another mod says it's a realistic discussion? WTF is this shit?
No one can post things you don't like. Got it, good rule.

• 1Worf
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 1 users

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
You realize you're the sole reason this thread has been derailed right? Stop the petty arguing.

• 1Like

orcmauler

Golden Squire
So, in an attempt to get back on topic, has anyone seen a follow up on o'hara? I heard she took a nasty head injury and did not male it out of locker room in 2nd half.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
So looks like the same usmnt. Can't keep possession of the ball against the better teams in the world. Was hoping the turnover of players would have solved that problem.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
So looks like the same usmnt. Can't keep possession of the ball against the better teams in the world. Was hoping the turnover of players would have solved that problem.

They just aren't that good. Pulisic, McKinnie and Adams are a solid 3 to build around but 2022 is probably a pipe dream.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
They just aren't that good. Pulisic, McKinnie and Adams are a solid 3 to build around but 2022 is probably a pipe dream.

Sad that Altidore had the best chance of the night and did what he does far too often. For the tools that are there, the glaring lack on that sequence hurt so much. Not saying we deserved to win by any stretch, but that needs to be finished. Game probably would have looked similar, though, even up a goal. Mexico pushing with possession mostly in their control.

I agree there are good pieces to build around, but I doubt there will be much of substance to put around them by 2022.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>

Yeah, a lot of calls on us too (not saying they were bad) it just seemed like they were frustrated and knew they were being outplayed.

Obsidian

<Bronze Donator>
You think the best male HS team in the country could beat the USWNT? You're a tool.

The USWNT did lose to basically a high school team (in fact boys younger than what would be a high school team). They lost to FC Dallas U-15 5-2. A high school team would be older than 15 and would presumably be better, but obviously it would depend on the team in question since I would assume FC Dallas, being an MLS academy team, would be kids better than your average high school player. However... if the women are in fact generating more revenue than the men, they should be paid more. Pay should be entirely based off revenue and nothing else.

Regarding the men's team, seems nothing has changed. They were terrible the second half; couldn't maintain possession for even 1 pass. Steffen's goal kicks after dangerous Mexican attempts would pretty much go directly back to Mexico so they could create more dangerous possessions. CONCACAF is terrible and yet I would not be surprised if the US failed to qualify for the World Cup again

• 1Like
  • 1Picard

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
The USWNT did lose to basically a high school team (in fact boys younger than what would be a high school team). They lost to FC Dallas U-15 5-2. A high school team would be older than 15 and would presumably be better, but obviously it would depend on the team in question since I would assume FC Dallas, being an MLS academy team, would be kids better than your average high school player. However... if the women are in fact generating more revenue than the men, they should be paid more. Pay should be entirely based off revenue and nothing else.

Regarding the men's team, seems nothing has changed. They were terrible the second half; couldn't maintain possession for even 1 pass. Steffen's goal kicks after dangerous Mexican attempts would pretty much go directly back to Mexico so they could create more dangerous possessions. CONCACAF is terrible and yet I would not be surprised if the US failed to qualify for the World Cup again

So you know nothing about the sport as well. That's all you really needed to say.

Araxen

The US Men's team is pathetic. They shouldn't be making more than the Women. The women at least win shit. The men's team can't even beat Mexico.

• 1Like

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
The US Men's team is pathetic. They shouldn't be making more than the Women. The women at least win shit. The men's team can't even beat Mexico.

No no no. According to Amod the women's team doesn't deserve shit as they can't even beat a high school team as proven by some phantom friendly game from 2 years ago that nobody but racists on some pretty terrible other websites take seriously. Get your facts straight bro.

• 1Salty
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Sad that Altidore had the best chance of the night and did what he does far too often. For the tools that are there, the glaring lack on that sequence hurt so much. Not saying we deserved to win by any stretch, but that needs to be finished. Game probably would have looked similar, though, even up a goal. Mexico pushing with possession mostly in their control.

I agree there are good pieces to build around, but I doubt there will be much of substance to put around them by 2022.

The best players in the world take 4-5 shots a game. How many do they usually score in a game? On average it's 1 right? So yeah that miss hurts but the issue is not having the ability to create it again as you'll have those misses. If Pulisic isn't doing it then nobody is unfortunately, think Chelsea fans will be surprised by him.

Obsidian

<Bronze Donator>
No no no. According to Amod the women's team doesn't deserve shit as they can't even beat a high school team as proven by some phantom friendly game from 2 years ago that nobody but racists on some pretty terrible other websites take seriously. Get your facts straight bro.

If you're going to attack anyone that disagrees with your position, you might want to figure out what the difference between race and sex is

• 2Worf

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
I can't wait for the real football to begin, and I don't mean handegg

• 2Solidarity
  • 1EyeRoll
Reactions: 2 users

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
If you're going to attack anyone that disagrees with your position, you might want to figure out what the difference between race and sex is

I'm making the assumption you know where this talking point is coming from in the first place since it's so obscure. If by chance you really did just google it and know nothing else I'm happy to discuss further why you're wrong. If not then you're just as bad as Xyy was to begin with.

Merrith

The best players in the world take 4-5 shots a game. How many do they usually score in a game? On average it's 1 right? So yeah that miss hurts but the issue is not having the ability to create it again as you'll have those misses. If Pulisic isn't doing it then nobody is unfortunately, think Chelsea fans will be surprised by him.

Well...there are chances, and there are CHANCES. That was a CHANCE. Sad thing is he did literally everything right to set himself up, just didn't finish. I hope Chelsea fans are surprised by him, and I hope playing in the Prem lets him raise his game even further.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
The matter is being discussed.

STOP REPORTING IT.

There are actual fags on these boards who report posts they don’t like... herding a bunch of sensitive pussies

Anyway, USMNT is a constant disgrace and altidore is a colossal failure.

Women’s team was great, but the level of play overall this wc was unbelievably poor. I think it will improve certainly, but it just isn’t great viewing... MLS soccer more watchable, by some distance

• 1Picard