Le Football 2018/2019

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Pretty much what Brando said.
The US woman's team generates more revenue, and is obviously more successful on the pitch, thus deserving of equal pay regardless of which metric you look at.

Bullshit.

If they are more successful and generate more revenue, then they should be paid MORE than the men and the only way that is not happening is if some governing body is preventing it otherwise it doesn't make sense.

In any case, I was talking about the pay in soccer overall,not just US men vs US women. The idea that women's soccer is on the same level is pants on head retarded. If we want to confine the argument to just the US and the disparity in revenue doesn't exist then fine. I've never heard that though, I've only heard the total pay equity in soccer ridiculousness.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Bullshit.

If they are more successful and generate more revenue, then they should be paid MORE than the men and the only way that is not happening is if some governing body is preventing it otherwise it doesn't make sense.

In any case, I was talking about the pay in soccer overall,not just US men vs US women. The idea that women's soccer is on the same level is pants on head retarded. If we want to confine the argument to just the US and the disparity in revenue doesn't exist then fine. I've never heard that though, I've only heard the total pay equity in soccer ridiculousness.

Yes, they should be paid more than the US men's team. All they are fighting for is the same though. This doesn't even get into the fact that the majority of US Men's players are paid more by their club which makes their national team pay somewhat irrelevant whereas the woman depend on the NT team pay.

As far as soccer overall, you do understand that soccer is a global game and soccer players in general contain the highest paid athletes in the world? Ronaldo has a lifetime $1bn Nike contract. Messi is paid something like $140m a year. No USWNT player is saying they should even get 1/10 of that. Just like our retarded mod friend who swooped in earlier why not read a bit before mouthing off like a fool?

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Yes, they should be paid more than the US men's team. All they are fighting for is the same though. This doesn't even get into the fact that the majority of US Men's players are paid more by their club which makes their national team pay somewhat irrelevant whereas the woman depend on the NT team pay.

As far as soccer overall, you do understand that soccer is a global game and soccer players in general contain the highest paid athletes in the world? Ronaldo has a lifetime $1bn Nike contract. Messi is paid something like $140m a year. No USWNT player is saying they should even get 1/10 of that. Just like our retarded mod friend who swooped in earlier why not read a bit before mouthing off like a fool?
Maybe they should work on beating male high schoolers first if they want equal pay and also respect the country they are representing?

• 3Salty
  • 1Picard
  • 1Cringe
Reactions: 4 users

orcmauler

Golden Squire
Love to see the tradition of shit-posting mods continues.

Anyway. Was a good series and yes as a non-soccer fan the women's wc is about all I watch because of the relative lack of flop ball.

• 1Solidarity

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Love to see the tradition of shit-posting mods continues.

Anyway. Was a good series and yes as a non-soccer fan the women's wc is about all I watch because of the relative lack of flop ball.
Trolling? I can't have thoughts on the team that represents the country I am a citizen of?

• 1Salty

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Maybe they should work on beating male high schoolers first if they want equal pay and also respect the country they are representing?

You think the best male HS team in the country could beat the USWNT? You're a tool.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Trolling? I can't have thoughts on the team that represents the country I am a citizen of?

You've presented no thoughts that weren't ignorant and none of which had anything to do with the sport. You're the definition of a fool.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Enough reports guys. It's being discussed. As we like to give all amods time to weigh in on matters like this, don't expect this to be resolved until the morning.

• 2Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

orcmauler

Golden Squire
Well as adorable as you are shitting up this thread, I thought "legit" threads were to avoid overt political bullshit, not to mention mod-power abuse, but again I'm not at all surprised by it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Well as adorable as you are shitting up this thread, I thought "legit" threads were to avoid overt political bullshit, not to mention mod-power abuse, but again I'm not at all surprised by it.
How did I abuse power?

• 1Picard

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Enough reports guys. It's being discussed. As we like to give all amods time to weigh in on matters like this, don't expect this to be resolved until the morning.

What is there to discuss? Zyy could have come in here the first group game and said he hopes the Women's team fails massively as they're a disgrace to male soccer players. Instead he shows up now and talks like he does and it's ok?

Arasyar wouldn't even stoop this low. Fuck this guy and fuck you if this is ok.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
What is there to discuss? Zyy could have come in here the first group game and said he hopes the Women's team fails massively as they're a disgrace to male soccer players. Instead he shows up now and talks like he does and it's ok?

Arasyar wouldn't even stoop this low. Fuck this guy and fuck you if this is ok.
What are you talking about buddy? I asked if our one player was still disrespecting the nation she's representing.

• 1Salty

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
You should not be receiving reports on your own damn posts yeah? Kinda makes the process....problematic

I am the one closing out the extra reports if that's what you're worried about. Each report on a different post creates a new report thread, so I am keeping things consolidated in order for us to discuss this easier.

• 1Like

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Heard the Women's national team jersey became Nike's highest selling ever, so the idea they aren't making the money doesn't hold water. As for attendance stuff and whether a women's pro soccer league can actually stay popular for more than a couple years, that's a different thing...although not like MLS didn't have some ups and downs in the early years.

• 1Like

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
You're continuing an off topic argument on what amod can./can't, should/shouldn't do.

Just take that part of the discussion to ask amod. You know your posts are going to be inflammatory to literally 90% of the posters in this thread and were asked to stop. You've seen the reports as well, there's no reason it should still be going.

Just get back on topic and move along, everyone's happy. -shrug-

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users