League Of Legends

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Her ganks to bottom lane are pretty wicked with being able to teleport in from tribush.

Xalara

Golden Squire
IIRC isn't Lissandra played at the pro level? Just might be that she requires people on your team to follow up on abilities which is a tall order in most of solo queue.

Sidian

Lord Nagafen Raider
Lissandra is amazing! You just need a team that follows up. One of my favorite games I've played recently I was TF mid and we had a Lissandra top. Level 6 if i ever went top was a guaranteed kill because she could follow up 100% of the time and stun, which lead to my stun, then her root etc etc. Her early game kind sucks because she doesn't really do damage but once you get a couple items and get 40% cdr she's a monster. Shitty champion if nobody follows (so prolly shitty champion at lower leagues) but amazing if you're playing with some friends or just playing with people that follow.

Annnd before you ask Draegon...Ahri, Leona & Lux are all amazing so if you're thinking about buying them since they are going on sale...get them all! :p

Ahri is probably my 2nd or 3rd favorite mid in the game. Very mobile, an assassin, can roam and lane clear well. Lux has dropped off a bit but as long as you can land skill shots you can still almost 100-0 a lot of people once you get deathcap + void, so just farm farm farm til you get those items. If you get fed early your burst combo does ridiculous amounts of damage so just go gank bot and watch as your ultimate does 1/2 their life. Leona is my goto support. Really fun with another bursty adc like graves or draven. Your ultimate has a huuuge range and if you can land the stun great, but even the close portion of it allows you to EQ combo in to follow up.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Question: Not trying to start any kind of flamewar if this is a sensitive subject but which player base is generally still considered the largest among MOBA's? I'd like to get an idea of what I should invest into. I've only played DOTA 2 so far but not to any significant extent.

Question 2: Is there a referral link for LoL that someone wants me to use? If I do get into the game I wouldn't mind helping someone else out.

Question 3: Some of the new heros (the troll? jungler?) sound like fun. Can I play my first few games to save up in game currency to buy him?

TheRashyman

Golden Knight of the Realm
Okay, I have a serious question because I think there is something wrong with me when it comes to this game. I am normally a super relaxed person that normally gives two fucks about anything. When I played WoW arena I would get frustrated at missed kill attempts, CoD annoyed with sniper campers, and normal things that suck but never mad. In this game I get so upset with stupid people, and it's so hard for me not to just tell them they are retarded. I'm talking things like your team has Baron, I (normally ad) have just backed from pushing bot out or something, and our mid is getting blue. Your jungler, support, and top go in 3v5 and get destroyed (not engaged on but go in and engage) then somehow it's your fault... I'm not saying this happens every game, but once in every 5-7 games I would say something completely retarded happens like this in GII where I sit. How do people not get pissed when a say 40 minute game was just thrown because of something so dumb?

I find many friends I play with from other games get pretty pissed too, some just "rage" about it in voice chat and others will respond or call someone out as I do in game. Am I the only one or is there seriously something with this game that makes your patience ticker go from whatever to I am so god damn frustrated and never want to log in again?

fris

Vyemm Raider
i've never played a game that had me rage at team mates as much as league. but then, most games aren't dependent on team work as much. it takes 5 to win, but 1 person to lose.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Should also note DOTA2 just recently left beta and opened it's doors. I don't even know for 100% certainty if the doors are completely open. If you're not invested in either you can try them both out and see which one floats your boat more. Personally since everything is free in DOTA outside of visuals/audibles and you don't have to worry about runes (basically everything is open from level 1) it makes it easier to casually jump into.

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
Okay, I have a serious question because I think there is something wrong with me when it comes to this game.
It's definitely not just you.. The short answer is, most people are playing a different game then those of us who post on forums and such. We understand objectives and that a MOBA is a different type of game. The majority of players see LoL and think it's just a different form of CoD (or any deathmatch game) and that kills = wins. They don't understand the subtle things that let you win (like.. selfish players farming 4-5 CS in bot instead of coming to help jungler kill dragon for the equivalent of 15 CS for him alone in the same time, which makes it take too long giving enemy time to come to gank jungler and get dragon themselves, for example).
In your example, the team got baron and then didn't know what to do. I'd imagine most of your lanes were pushing so no one saw a big creep wave to farm, and your jungle was mostly cleared. So, with no selfish things to do, they default to pushing up mid since "baron = power to kill". I can't even count how many times my team has grouped up 3-4 in mid and sieged enemy tower when we're behind 5 kills, multiple dragons, etc.. Then, bitch at me for being off in a different lane when they get engaged on and wiped out. It's like.. you had no reason being there anyways. Best case scenario, we come out with a 3 for 5 instead of a 1 for 4 if I'm there.. which still lets them push up the lane, take turrets, etc.. and puts us further behind.

In a deathmatch style game, which have historically been the most popular type of games, everyone is always on a (mostly) even footing. A guy who is behind 10 kills can still one or two shot the best player on the enemy team if he catches him right. In LoL, a super fed guy can 1v3 or even 1v5 depending on circumstances, and most players just don't keep track of that in their head. They are always thinking 'ok, if I just outplay him this time, I got him!'

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
I cringe every time I see someone with a 2 or 3 lvl disadvantage engage a fed opponent.

Guess I'll have to get some rp; ahri, lux, and leona all three champs I've really wanted but don't own yet.

fris

Vyemm Raider
I can't even count how many times my team has grouped up 3-4 in mid and sieged enemy tower when we're behind 5 kills, multiple dragons, etc.. Then, bitch at me for being off in a different lane when they get engaged on and wiped out.
this .... so much this

i feel like if i don't remind my team that we're behind, they play like they're ahead.

and it looks like Yi is gonna get nerfed quick. he stomps low elo people too much and really isn't dominating at high elo. i've had a few great games w/ him, Botrk, then IE or PD, sometimes a ghostblade if i need a bit more to catch runners. if game is even, he wins late. if game is losing bad, he can't turn it around.

Plaid_sl

shitlord
Lux has been my favorite mid since beginning of S2. She was getting a lot of play a month or two ago which bothered me. Figured she might see some slight nerfs. Love those unexpected 100-0 from wards vision.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Right click death characters have a history of being a problem for at lower ratings. There typically isn't a ton to fuck up when playing them. With Yi all you need to do is use your gap closer, activate both steroids and see what happens. Old Xin Zhao was constantly a problem for those reasons. He did tons of damage and he was very, very easy to play. I remember after Xin fell off the face of the Earth he was still getting nerfs here and there because of how much he dominated among poor players.

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
I used to love LOL but haven't played in about a year or so. Any significant changes happen recently, or is it still a new champion and the occasional balance tweaks once in a while?

Thengel

I used to love LOL but haven't played in about a year or so. Any significant changes happen recently, or is it still a new champion and the occasional balance tweaks once in a while?
Yes, they changed it into a turn-based strategy game.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
The masteries are a little different, the jungle is a little different, and there are a bunch of new characters. The game is the same.

Thengel

I ask because I heard some people were unhappy with recent changes, but I don't know of what they speak.
Yeah I cannot think of any major changes that anyone would be upset with. They tweaked things, like you stated, as they always do. My guess would be that your friends were just into XYZ champ that got nerfed or changed somehow, and that translates into "major changes" for them, but not for anyone else.

The biggest cvhange I can think of that has happened in the last year is that ARAM is now a queued up game mode, with its own map and queue. There's really no way to construe that as a negative though, it's purely awesome if you like ARAM, you ignore it if you don't.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
Yeah I cannot think of any major changes that anyone would be upset with. They tweaked things, like you stated, as they always do. My guess would be that your friends were just into XYZ champ that got nerfed or changed somehow, and that translates into "major changes" for them, but not for anyone else.

The biggest cvhange I can think of that has happened in the last year is that ARAM is now a queued up game mode, with its own map and queue. There's really no way to construe that as a negative though, it's purely awesome if you like ARAM, you ignore it if you don't.
The biggest structural change is the jungle but it hasn't really effected much besides making your jungle path set in stone.