League Of Legends

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
It's been 3 days. How fucking long does it take to fix a simple error on heim? Is this the level of work Riot does?
The hard realities of working at Riot Games : leagueoflegends

This is why. Their corporate culture is fucked. Read that and decide if that's a place you think operates at an efficient and effective level. It also explains why so much shit gets brought up and started but never finished or done in a half-assed way. It's also why you end up with one guy handing champion redesigns who may or may not understand why people like playing a champ or what makes them unique. This Lee Sin thing is ridiculous, he's an iconic figure in the game and they are turning him into something completely different when literally no one wanted them to do it.

Xalara

Golden Squire
That goes a long way towards explaining how the patch process is so slow. Their corporate culture looks like it needs some serious work.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
The hard realities of working at Riot Games : leagueoflegends

This is why. Their corporate culture is fucked. Read that and decide if that's a place you think operates at an efficient and effective level. It also explains why so much shit gets brought up and started but never finished or done in a half-assed way. It's also why you end up with one guy handing champion redesigns who may or may not understand why people like playing a champ or what makes them unique. This Lee Sin thing is ridiculous, he's an iconic figure in the game and they are turning him into something completely different when literally no one wanted them to do it.
This is true for basically every software development job everywhere. Everyone on my team checks their email a few times on the weekends. If someone is having a problem put in an hour here or there to track it down and file a JIRA to fix it later. I work with tons of smart people who simply refuse to speak up in meetings with their ideas. You get a meeting invite and you know who will be talking basically 90% of the time. You'll have hand-off of web services to people who don't know the requirements nor how things work interally but expect them to maintain and enhance them. There is nothing here that any professional software developer should be shocked about hearing but you just need to replace a few nouns here and there when going from a gaming programmer to a vanilla run of the mill corporate programmer.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yea, there's a reason corporate culture is so mocked universally. It's fucked in MOST companies. It's just much more obvious with Riot because they actually try and communicate with their customers AND the nature of the work (game) itself. It makes it stand out in a way it doesn't in your average office setting.

Edit: Also, this is exactly what a bunch of us said was the reason behind their oversights, randomly slow patches, super long reworks, limited item development, etc. months ago.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Yeah the gamer community expects things to be fixed immediately but it doesn't work that way at pretty much any large environment. It can work that way when you have 8 or so people working in a garage but once you become large you have to get the JIRA (basically the problem report ... I don't know what Riot uses but JIRA is pretty de-facto), you have to figure out the importance of said JIRA, you have to decide when you'll perform the work, you have to task the work. At this point the developer is really allowed to start the actual work of coding. So now the coding is done and the JIRA resolved. This means your code is now in the trunk. But you don't just install trunk (generally, my project does) to QA. So you need to branch it. You need to make sure the QA environment is ready for your branch. If they are then you install to QA. You have to run your hands-on QA tests and also all your automated regression tests to make sure you didn't break other stuff in the integration. Did it pass all that? Great. When is your next scheduled install? Is it too far away and this fix is dire? Alright now you have to out of cycle the install. This means when it gets installed you're basically on call for the next few days because you just emergency installed in production and if anything goes wrong you need to fix it immediately. It can be a stressful few days.

This is pretty much the standard red tape of software development. Like I said this will be true at basically every large company. It doesn't matter if it is gamer company or what. There are tons of safeguards and protection to make sure bad code doesn't go to production that it really gums up the works of sometimes fixing very trivial things.

skrala

Silver Knight of the Realm
When I read that post I laughed a little at the 'hard realities' label. Taken in the context of corporate IT it sounds pretty good, to be honest.

Xalara

Golden Squire
I am also a software developer and Riot's corporate culture sounds a bit more messed up than most. Things like flexible vacation time (take vacation as needed, except if you do it is frowned upon), being openly proud about working over weekends, as well as describing the lack of hierarchy when it comes to decision making are all huge red flags.

Sidian

Lord Nagafen Raider
I freaking love Morgana support. So overpowered. Just finished a game at 4/3/29, had Mikaels, Talisman & Zhoynas all that I had to try to remember. Plus ya know, rooting people, shielding the correct targets and either flash ulting multiple people or just ulting the divers. My brain was having troubles doing all that shit lol. Kind of stressful man.

Our Team: Riven, Wukong, Yi, Ashe, Morgana
Theirs: Ryze, Vi, Gragas, Lucian, Janna

Throwing that black shield at the right time right as janna ult or gragas ult goes off and you don't go flying back...mmmmmmm.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Wut? 4 Bans?
rrr_img_63163.jpg

Tortfeasor

Molten Core Raider
Tentative Rune Changes.

Seals

Values are for Tier 3 seals

Armor
Per seal :1.41 armor ? 1.00 armor
Per 9 seals :12.69 armor ? 9.00 armor
Supplementary : All champions will gain +4 base armor in compensation

Scaling Armor
Per seal :2.7 armor at level 18 ? 3.0 armor at level 18
Per 9 seals :24.3 armor at level 18 ? 27.0 armor at level 18

Health
Per seal :5.35 health ? 8.0 health
Per 9 seals :48.15 health ? 72.0 health

Scaling Health
Per seal :19.44 health at level 18) ? 24.00 health at level 18
Per 9 seals :174.96 health at level 18 ? 216.00 health at level 18

Health Regeneration
Per seal :0.43 health regen/5 sec ? 0.56 health regen/5 sec
Per 9 seals :3.87 health regen/5 sec ? 5.00 health regen/5 sec

Glyphs

Values are for Tier 3 glyphs

Scaling Cooldown Reduction
Per glyph :-1.11% cooldowns at level 18 ? -1.67% cooldowns at level 18Per 9 glyphs : -9.99% cooldowns at level 18 ? -15.00% cooldowns at level 18

Scaling Magic Resist
Per glyph :2.7 magic resist at level 18 ? 3.0 magic resist at level 18
Per 9 glyphs :24.3 magic resist at level 18 ? 27 magic resist at level 18

Mana Regeneration
Per glyph :0.31 mana regen/5 sec ? 0.33 mana regen/5 sec
Per 9 glyphs :2.79 mana regen/5 sec ? 3.00 mana regen/5 sec

Scaling Mana Regeneration
Per glyph :0.99 mana regen/5 sec at level 18 ? 1.20 mana regen/5 sec at level 18
Per 9 glyphs :8.91 mana regen/5 sec at level 18 ? 10.80 mana regen/5 sec at level 18

Quintessences

Values are for Tier 3 quintessences

Cooldown Reduction
Per quintessence :-1.67% cooldowns ? -2.50% cooldowns
Per 3 quintessences :-5.01% cooldowns ? -7.50% cooldowns

Per quintessence :-2.5% cooldowns at level 18 ? -5% cooldowns at level 18
Per 3 quintessences :-7.5% cooldowns at level 18 ? -15% cooldowns at level 18

Attack Speed
Per quintessence :3.4% attack speed ? 4.5% attack speedPer 3 quintessences :10.2% attack speed ? 13.50% attack speed

Life Steal
Per quintessence :2% life steal ? 1.5% life steal
Per 3 quintessences :6% life steal ? 4.5% life steal
Supplementary The offensive mastery, Feast, will now restore 3 health on minion kill (up from 2)

We'll be keeping an eye on runes and may need to make additional tweaks for game health reasons, but we're not currently planning any further significant changes in the 2014 season. We hope you enjoy the upcoming rune sale and take this opportunity to get geared up for the season!"

I freaking love Morgana support. So overpowered. Just finished a game at 4/3/29, had Mikaels, Talisman & Zhoynas all that I had to try to remember. Plus ya know, rooting people, shielding the correct targets and either flash ulting multiple people or just ulting the divers. My brain was having troubles doing all that shit lol. Kind of stressful man.

Our Team: Riven, Wukong, Yi, Ashe, Morgana
Theirs: Ryze, Vi, Gragas, Lucian, Janna

Throwing that black shield at the right time right as janna ult or gragas ult goes off and you don't go flying back...mmmmmmm.
She is really nice, unless you pick her in to a lulu, then that lane becomes a nightmare.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Morg support is very fun. I almost carried a losing game into a win last night. Had a Garen top feeding a Jax and a Brand mid that was losing to a Ryze.
Our team was losing HARD but we were winning bot lane.
Without trying to kill steal I went 16-7-10.
I had the most kills in the game and I did more damage to champions than our Top & Mid, which is SAD.
Easy win if Top or Mid were competent. Oh well!

Siddar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Tentative Rune Changes.

Seals

Values are for Tier 3 seals

Armor
Per seal :1.41 armor ? 1.00 armor
Per 9 seals :12.69 armor ? 9.00 armor
Supplementary : All champions will gain +4 base armor in compensation

Scaling Armor
Per seal :2.7 armor at level 18 ? 3.0 armor at level 18
Per 9 seals :24.3 armor at level 18 ? 27.0 armor at level 18

Health
Per seal :5.35 health ? 8.0 health
Per 9 seals :48.15 health ? 72.0 health

Scaling Health
Per seal :19.44 health at level 18) ? 24.00 health at level 18
Per 9 seals :174.96 health at level 18 ? 216.00 health at level 18

Health Regeneration
Per seal :0.43 health regen/5 sec ? 0.56 health regen/5 sec
Per 9 seals :3.87 health regen/5 sec ? 5.00 health regen/5 sec

Glyphs

Values are for Tier 3 glyphs

Per glyph :-1.11% cooldowns at level 18 ? -1.67% cooldowns at level 18Per 9 glyphs : -9.99% cooldowns at level 18 ? -15.00% cooldowns at level 18

Scaling Magic Resist
Per glyph :2.7 magic resist at level 18 ? 3.0 magic resist at level 18
Per 9 glyphs :24.3 magic resist at level 18 ? 27 magic resist at level 18

Mana Regeneration
Per glyph :0.31 mana regen/5 sec ? 0.33 mana regen/5 sec
Per 9 glyphs :2.79 mana regen/5 sec ? 3.00 mana regen/5 sec

Scaling Mana Regeneration
Per glyph :0.99 mana regen/5 sec at level 18 ? 1.20 mana regen/5 sec at level 18
Per 9 glyphs :8.91 mana regen/5 sec at level 18 ? 10.80 mana regen/5 sec at level 18

Quintessences

Values are for Tier 3 quintessences

Cooldown Reduction
Per quintessence :-1.67% cooldowns ? -2.50% cooldowns
Per 3 quintessences :-5.01% cooldowns ? -7.50% cooldowns

Per quintessence :-2.5% cooldowns at level 18 ? -5% cooldowns at level 18
Per 3 quintessences :-7.5% cooldowns at level 18 ? -15% cooldowns at level 18

Attack Speed
Per quintessence :3.4% attack speed ? 4.5% attack speedPer 3 quintessences :10.2% attack speed ? 13.50% attack speed

Life Steal
Per quintessence :2% life steal ? 1.5% life steal
Per 3 quintessences :6% life steal ? 4.5% life steal
Supplementary The offensive mastery, Feast, will now restore 3 health on minion kill (up from 2)

We'll be keeping an eye on runes and may need to make additional tweaks for game health reasons, but we're not currently planning any further significant changes in the 2014 season. We hope you enjoy the upcoming rune sale and take this opportunity to get geared up for the season!"
Right after I buy life steal quints they get nerfed.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Right after I buy life steal quints they get nerfed.
They are still 100% use for adc, just have to run 3 instead of 2 now.

Rune changes overall seem fine, but pretty small for having taken so long. Armor still maths out to be the best at around ~900hp, hp regen could be useful for some lanes, flat HP is strongest for the level 1-4 all-in.

I was really hoping for changes to the, you know, other 75% of the runes that are 100% useless and just plain traps for people that don't know what they are doing.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
It's enough CDR that there is definitely a possibility that it could be good on specific characters. That's the kind of change that could do nothing for months and suddenly become super relevant out of nowhere.