League Of Legends

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
How have they been bitten in the ass, exactly? Blizzard's 11 year old MMO routinely stomps every other game on the market in revenue, and LoL is destroying everyone in the moba space. I love everything that Valve has done with dota, but to pretend it's somehow drawing people away from League is ludicrous.
I was primarily referring to SC2 re: Bliz, although admittedly the 1v1 format was doomed to die as a major esport since people typically like team-based play

sebur

Bronze Squire
I was primarily referring to SC2 re: Bliz, although admittedly the 1v1 format was doomed to die as a major esport since people typically like team-based play
Same thing as before.... what RTS is more popular than SC2? Has a bigger following? There is none. Just like the other I love what Valve does for DOTA but lets not be naive here.

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
Just had a fiora and nidalee on my team at once. That went great, let me tell you. Hooray for sub 40% winrate champs.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

PLATINUM !

Long journey for me to get this far, holy hell.
Season 3 it took me ~1500 games to finally get Gold. (too much rage back then!)
Season 4 I was stuck in Gold the entire time, maxed at Gold I, ended Gold V because I didn't think I could ever get Plat, especially before season ended.

This season: 100 games to get to Gold after placements, now finally after 894 more games, I got to Plat
biggrin.png

I set my mind on getting plat like a couple months ago. Streamed most of my games, and happy to see I could achieve it.
These games are getting hard though. I might need to main Support if I want Diamond because my old age mechanics aren't keeping up too well.

Only took me 1 Promos to get to plat. Started 0-2.... ouch. (Ekko & Wukong jungle)
3rd game I played Ekko jungle again, won and I did decent but mid/bot lane carried hard
4th game I fed hard as Syndra mid but got carried
biggrin.png

5th game Ekko jungle again but THE STARS AND SUN ALIGN AND ITS A 5v4 LOLOLOLOLOLOL

So I basically got carried through plat promos... but I DONT CARE.

I'm at 36 games over .500 (515 wins / 479 losses)

rrr_img_106086.jpg

Grats man. I watch your stream every now and then
Mechanically you aren't bad. You just are hyper aggro and overextended a lot or try to farm that one extra wave at low health. It gets you killed a lot. Fix those problems up and you should be fine on your trek through plat.

Also don't mock support mechanics man. Sure we have champs like taric, but some of the support champs do require high mechanical play tp truly get the best out of them. Putting an emphasis on support can't hurt though. It is the role that best trains game knowledge, map awareness, and meta knowledge.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Yea you're right, supp mechanics are still high, but I guess I feel like support has more time to "think". As an assassin/burst mage pressing all your buttons correctly can be a chore (for me).

sebur

Bronze Squire
Just had a fiora and nidalee on my team at once. That went great, let me tell you. Hooray for sub 40% winrate champs.
Ironically enough we decided to go all new and played GP, Fiora, and Tahem. Destroyed the enemy team. Fiora jg putting in work.

WhatsAmmataU_sl

shitlord
The Fiora thing is..... yikes. If they disable champs for having game breaking bugs, then they should disable champs for having game breaking tuning.

What's your game name vimesh?

Lasch

Trakanon Raider
god damn, dyrus and santorin did work this series.
BFfhkdk.jpg

rip hauntzer's lol career.

Slyminxy

Lord Nagafen Raider
Meh. I've tried Ranked a couple of times, but I give up usually after being paired by troll after troll after troll. It's not like ranked actually gives you a choice of any other people, different from normal queues, who don't get frustrated when they don't get mid-champ.

And I don't necessarily play bad. Especially since i always land in Support Role. If it's not support, I get Jungle, in which I ussually suck donkey balls. I used to be okay in Jungle, but every since the last few patches when they did something with jungle, I get hammered on Dark horse or Rengar all the time.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
They are supposed to be testing Chicago servers starting today, small % of games will be routed there. Will be interesting to feel the difference. Been at 89ms forever, new servers are 35-40ms based on my tracert. I hope it's not too rare to try them out.

penalty_sl

shitlord
Just spam create custom games over and over, got one on my 10th try.

Sitting at 25 ping just south of Green bay WI myself. Its a totally different feel playing at this ping. Using attacks and abilities seems like matrix mode or something.. they are immediate and I can cancel them or whatever instantly. Its like driving a school bus your whole life then switching to a sports car.

drtyrm

Lord Nagafen Raider
I tried the custom game thing and went from 88ms to 42ms. Guess I'm guaranteed Diamond 4 now. Go me.