League Of Legends

Tortfeasor

Molten Core Raider
New runeglaive on pbe. Looks like riot is trying to help ap junglers because that effect looks pretty strong.

rrr_img_119126.jpg

Caliane

not really for jungle if a 2450 item is it? more for dragon/steals. apmid item. taken wraiths with 1 cast, golem tagging. rotating.

on spellhit huh? yikes.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I kinda doubt that item is played on mid laners. Taking Smite was kinda fun during early Runeglaive, but did seem weaker overall. This item has less AP than the other AP items. Also, it's a cheaper jungle item than what's currently avail. Jungle items are 2650 gold.

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
I don't play enough to know how gold efficient that is, but it seems like itcouldget taken in some comps on the ap mid. It's an extra smite for free, good for clearing minion waves, and up front burst AE damage on champions. It's an AP statik shiv, kinda.

I'm sure some AP junglers will take it too, that's a fair amount of mana regen as well. Getting 36% of your mana back by picking up both buffs could be nice.

kitsune

Golden Knight of the Realm
That item will for sure help mages jungle. I believe fiddle will see a nice rise in winrate next patch

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I don't play enough to know how gold efficient that is, but it seems like itcouldget taken in some comps on the ap mid. It's an extra smite for free, good for clearing minion waves, and up front burst AE damage on champions. It's an AP statik shiv, kinda.

I'm sure some AP junglers will take it too, that's a fair amount of mana regen as well. Getting 36% of your mana back by picking up both buffs could be nice.
Taking Smite isn't free. You give up map pressure (TP) or kill pressure (Ignite).
You sacrifice AP for an affect that is weaker than Luden's Echo. (100+10%AP)
This shit is never going to a mid laner.

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
Huh? I wasn't saying the mid laner actually take the summoner spell smite, I was saying the effect on this item is similar to a 2nd smite on the team, without having to actually take it. It does 360 base dmg to large monsters, +10% of your AP. Did you miss where it does 250% damage to large monsters?
You give up 40 ap for 260 extra damage against large monsters, but it's also 750g cheaper.

Sidian

Lord Nagafen Raider
You need to have the summoner spell smite to be able to buy any of the jungle items. Unless they are changing that as well.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
You need to have the summoner spell smite to be able to buy any of the jungle items. Unless they are changing that as well.
^
Can't buy this item unless you have Smite.

Now that that's cleared, All Stars tonight boys.

And fuck me. In like 2 weeks I went from Plat 4 promos to demoted back to Gold 1.
Then I got into Plat promos, was 1 win from getting back into Plat, lost, and now struggling to get back to promos. lol.

I don't really care though since ranks get soft reset in a month, still helps to have as much MMR as possible if you want decent placements. I've always been placed in Silver. Was hoping to be placed Gold this time around.

Since I'm gold again, and rank isn't too important atm, I'm willing to Duo with any Silver/Gold/Plats. Ill carry you with Diana.

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
Oh, if that's true then yea, no mid laner will ever get it. I've never noticed that, just figured none of the jungle items were ever worth building on non-junglers and I can't find a confirmation of that being a hard coded requirement on the item databases.
It's also kind of silly, cause waaay back in the day there some junglers who could go without smite. Gave some niche early game options for those specific champs (early ganks with exhaust/ignite), and potentially throws off opposing team's guess on lanes.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
Oh, if that's true then yea, no mid laner will ever get it. I've never noticed that, just figured none of the jungle items were ever worth building on non-junglers and I can't find a confirmation of that being a hard coded requirement on the item databases.
It's also kind of silly, cause waaay back in the day there some junglers who could go without smite. Gave some niche early game options for those specific champs (early ganks with exhaust/ignite), and potentially throws off opposing team's guess on lanes.
Back in the day Smite didn't have options that allowed it to cast on champions. Junglers can still go without TP if they want.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Hunter's_Machete

Hunter's Machete is a basic item in League of Legends. It can only be purchased if you have Smite as a summoner spell.
Yea, it's been this way the entire Season. Jungler's aren't necessarily required to take Smite.... if they plan to not buy the Jungle items, but not taking Smite definitely cripples your team in terms of objective control. When Runeglaive was first implemented it was actually a legit buy for mid-laners. Mid-lane Ezreal with Runeglaive was powerful and actually used in some LCS games. I used it on Diana for some games too. The mid-laner had to have Smite though, so there were 2 smites on the team (mid & jungler). Was fun stealing enemy blue buff from them and stuff, but I still prefer Ignite or TP.

Lasch

Trakanon Raider
PowerOfEvil will probably run smite midlane again this year at some point. Whether any other pros copy it is another matter.

I'm getting excited about the 1v1 part of all stars. When the Koreans did this last year, a hilarious number would repeatedly take their default talents, which included those that only worked for allies... But sadly I think Riot got rid of most of the offending talents.

sebur

Bronze Squire
^
Can't buy this item unless you have Smite.

Now that that's cleared, All Stars tonight boys.

And fuck me. In like 2 weeks I went from Plat 4 promos to demoted back to Gold 1.
Then I got into Plat promos, was 1 win from getting back into Plat, lost, and now struggling to get back to promos. lol.

I don't really care though since ranks get soft reset in a month, still helps to have as much MMR as possible if you want decent placements. I've always been placed in Silver. Was hoping to be placed Gold this time around.

Since I'm gold again, and rank isn't too important atm, I'm willing to Duo with any Silver/Gold/Plats. Ill carry you with Diana.
Don't make me take you up on this. Lol. Didn't plan on playing ranked until after the soft reset, but I do enjoy learning from those better than me.

uncognito

Trakanon Raider
I don't know why I continue to have so much fun playing this, when I am so awful at it. Last hitting is gay as fuck though

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
Yea, I didn't play this Season until a few weeks ago. Just watched esports.

A jungler could get away with clearing the jungle without smite, but it's just so much more efficient with all the bonuses on smite and those jungler items that you are also crippling your farm/exp. Unless you get a bunch of kills in the first 8 minutes, I'm guessing 3-4 or more, you'll be too far behind overall and then you have a hard getting objectives after that. Need to snowball a big advantage so that you can take objectives uncontested for it to work, but that's highly unlikely.

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
I enjoy that so far none of the analysts have said how broken Jax with Rageblade is, bunch of spineless Yes men.

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
So, anyone else think this Immortals team will be a bit of a bust? I have a feeling they just won't gel together for the first half of the season, if at all. Who is the shot caller, Adrian or Pobelter?
I mean, I hope they are solid, any increase of the talent in the NA LCS is good imo, the team just seems too.. idk, obvious? Same reason throwing together a bunch of allstars doesn't mean they are the best team. Not that all of them are allstars, but it is a good team on paper. Especially if Pobelter and Wildturtle are fired up after getting benched.