League Of Legends

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Lasch

Trakanon Raider
I turn on the FLY match and within 30 seconds hear, "And Turtle face checks." Never change, bro.

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
Haven't finished all the matches for today, but CLG looked strong yesterday. Considering where I think CLG will end up, C9 had a tough first two matches, but starting out 0-2 isn't a good sign for them. TSM looked dominant for week 1. Sven is looking better, which I kind of figured with doublelift back. It wasn't intuitive, but a lot of his problems were bot lane's fault. When his bot lane isn't winning, it's rarely pushed out, so Biofrost has less chances to put up a ward in enemy jungle. Which means it's harder for them to track the enemy jungler, which often means Bjerg can't play his lane aggressively either. Or, when Bjerg gets a chance to roam or put a deep ward, he often had to roam bot to relieve pressure. All these little things meant Sven's invades had a lower chance of success then they normally would.

One of the staples of TSM's strategies on red side was putting a ward near enemy gromps, TPing hauntzer down with Sven and/or Bjerg roaming, diving enemy bot lane under tower, taking tower and often dragon right after, while letting the enemy take top tower. They come out up a kill or two, equal on towers and ahead a dragon. It's effective, but they often had to do it to help bot lane or else they lose their tower there for free. The better teams knew it was coming and often beat them to the punch, heading off the sven/bjerg roams to disrupt the plan.

The point is, they use this plan because their bot lane rarely ever 'won' to the point that they could take the tower on their own. They required the team's help to do it. With dlift back, that will sometimes happen, freeing up Sven/Bjerg to make an unexpected play elsewhere. It adds more flexibility to their strategy.

Balroc

Molten Core Raider
/mute all has completely changed up my game. I just wish dota 2 had a better ping system so I could do the same there but man, I tilt so much less and play so much better.

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
I love that Riot thinks TSM or CLG are even good on a world stage, they are the equivalent of the Detroit Lions vs Washington Generals compared to other regions right now.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I love that Riot thinks TSM or CLG are even good on a world stage, they are the equivalent of the Detroit Lions vs Washington Generals compared to other regions right now.
lol what?

Are you responding to this vid or something from Riot somewhere else?

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
To the video, its the fake hype shit Riot is still pushing between TSM and CLG. Hype rivalries come from the two teams being good at all levels not just being the "best" in their respective area then get their shit stomped in as soon as they start playing outside their niche. Back in season 2 and such when the talent pool was low you could push this but the game has grown exponentially and neither team has really kept up with these narratives Riot wants to develop. If it were TSM and CLG constantly going at it to knock each other out at semi's or grand finals at world events I'd say there's something there, but they aren't.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
uhhhhh, wow, way to look waayyyyy too deep into something.

TSM & CLG do have a rivalry. Doesn't matter their standings on the world stage. They still have the largest fan bases in NA which is very meaningful and warrants a video like this.

Every sport has rivalries which are outside "standings".
I'm always happy to crush my team's rivals, even when they are bad, or when my team is bad.

Kiki

Log Wizard
I like the whole "We have finally have a challenger team that everyone wants to watch but we aren't streaming CS games anymore." Just fucking lol.

QTpie is just gonna pocket that monies.

Lasch

Trakanon Raider
I think the meme team lucked out with their matches not being streamed. They probably aren't going to win a match.

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
Every sport has rivalries which are outside "standings".
I'm always happy to crush my team's rivals, even when they are bad, or when my team is bad.
Yea, I'm gonna have to agree with Ravishing 100%. The Packers/Vikings rivalry in football has been a thing every year, even when both teams suck. Rivalries are not in relation to how good each team is overall, it's how good they are relative to each other.

For league, it has literally nothing to do with how they perform at Worlds. It's been a shitty rivalry lately because TSM has just been much better then CLG for a few splits, but hopefully that isnt the case now. The only other rivalry we really had in NA was TL/DIG, but since DIG is basically a different organization from before, it fell off. The TSM/C9 one is secondary to TSM/CLG, and generally only when CLG sucks. It's more of a 1st place vs 2nd place rivalry, not a 'true' rivalry based on history between the orgs.

Speaking of CLG not sucking, the CLG/IMT trade may be, imo, one of the few trades ever that was actually a big upgrade for both teams. Xmithie seems to be bringing Pobelter back to his form from last year, and Dardoch fills the gap CLG needed for an aggressive playmaker, especially early game. Pob might have just been getting tilted by Dardoch last split, and that is partially why he performed so badly. I think it's also because now he isn't expected to make early game plays with his jungler, he prefers to sit back and farm till he can make smart plays in the mid/late game, which is his strength. Dardoch making aggressive early plays that forced Pobelter to assist were taking him out of his comfort zone. It's still too early to tell if week 1 was just a fluke, but things are looking good so far for IMT and CLG both.

Lasch

Trakanon Raider
Except for Shiphtur, that was already the case though.

Maybe you're right, that joining will be worth it. But I don't see how going 0-X against a lot of teams that would struggle to win a match in the LCS can be good for them in the long run.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I dunno why but last few weeks my ping fucking constantly bounces from 35 to 210 every few seconds, makes it almost impossible to play well. It'll be like 10s at 35ms, then it goes 85/135/210/170/140/80/50 back to 35 for 5-10more seconds, rinse and repeat forever. I get zero lag playing literally anything else or doing anything else on my computer. Really getting annoying.

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
Does it happen the entire game, or spike when you get into teamfights (i.e. more players close together) cause I've sometimes had issues where it spikes during fights. It's often a firewall/anti-virus type of issue, not a connection problem. If it's happening all game, no matter what, do some speed tests to confirm. Then contact your ISP and tell them.

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
Oh, also, look for the 'hextech repair tool' that riot has. It could help diagnose and fix the problem.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I thought it might be the anti-virus/firewall stuff but I turned all of that off for a couple games and still did it. It's all game long, not just during fights, it does it while i'm in the fountain too. Speed tests no issues and it never hiccups in any other games or streaming or anything else. I tried pinging the IPs I found for the NA servers a few times too and never any hiccups when I spammed a bunch of pings on those, always 4/4 returns of 25-35ms (did it like 30 times each on the two IPs I saw people saying to ping).

It didn't used to do it for League either, it just started fairly recently. I'll try out the hextech repair thing and maybe a reinstall tomorrow.

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
Ok, if the speed tests aren't showing any issues then that's likely a software issue on your side somewhere (maybe at the router even). A port getting blocked or some shit like that. Try the tool and if it can't fix it, it makes log files for you to contact riot with so they can try to help.

I used to play at a friend's house sometimes, and if more then one person was in league, the game would lag like a motherfucker. We could have 4 different people playing different games, downloading tons of shit, etc.. all at once with no problem, but if two of us tried to play league together we'd get 1k+ ping. Once he got a newer router, it went away.

Point is, the in game ping calculates based on a bunch of other issues that aren't necessarily related to your actual connection.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Welp, I used the hextech thing today and didn't fix it but unplugging my router for a few mins worked... for a couple hours. It keeps getting progressively worse now as the night wore on, although it's still not as bad as it was before today (yet). Oh well, i'm getting close to needing another break from it anyways.

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
Yea, it won't always fix it, but if you contact riot with the logs they may be able to tell you what's causing the lag. It seems like it is related to your router in some way, though.