League Of Legends

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
EU is a dumpster tier region anyway from a marketing standpoint. Just look at their LCS viewership numbers.
Yea, but despite that they still foster good talent. They have held their own against NA for a long time despite much lower resources. Dont wanna see them fall to the level of wildcard region.
Now, if riot combined them into one super region with franchising, thatd be interesting.

Balroc

Molten Core Raider
Has anyone been following Riot's planned rune changes? It looks like it's shaping up to be something they will throw into RNG packs for people to buy. Anyone know how they will compensate people who already own all the runes?

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Uh, it sounds like you haven't been following their changes? They're removing the "shop" aspect of runes entirely. They're merging Runes and Masteries into one system where everyone has everything unlocked for free. So think Mastery trees but more simplified, fewer choices with more power, and old rune system is going away. They have a whole blog series about it with a bunch of Q&A as well.

They're already said any runes you buy with IP between a couple months ago and the new system going live will be refunded. They haven't released details on what people who have had runes since forever will get but they said there'll be something. I doubt it'll be much because the whole idea is if you bought the runes you were paying for the advantage they gave you and have been using them all this time but still it'll be nice to get something in return.

Edit: I just want to emphasize at no point during their discussion of the new rune system did they suggest you would buy them - the first announcement said part of the idea was to make it easier to balance by removing the "cost" so everyone was always on the same playing field.

Tortfeasor

Molten Core Raider
So they are switching from a terrible IP sink to *no* IP sink. I buy every new champ for the 78K IP and I never drop below 250k. ritopls

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Worlds Group Draws happened about an hour ago.

TSM is in an "easy" group, 4th slot isn't set yet, likely to be WE which would make it tougher, but still 0 Koreans.
2017 World Championship / Group Draw / Post-Draw Discussion • r/leagueoflegends
2017 World Championship / Play-In Draw / Post-Draw Discussion • r/leagueoflegends

GROUPS:

1.JPG

PLAY IN GROUPS:
(WINNER OF EACH GROUP GETS SLOTTED INTO 4TH SLOT OF GROUPS ABOVE)

2.JPG

For the Play-In groups, if there are no upsets then WE goes into TSM's Worlds Group by default. WE/C9/FNC/HKA are the top teams for their groups.

Even with WE in TSM's Group, TSM should still be able to advance from Groups. As #1 seed they could avoid facing a Korean team in 1st round, as #2 they'd most likely face a Korean team 1st round.

G2 seems to have the group of Death since SSG and RNG are really good.

But Group A also looks insane (any group with SKT will look insane) with SKT / EDG / AHQ. I'm not sure how good AHQ is anymore, but I imagine SKT/EDG are favored.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Kinda lame that C9 and FNC (if they win) will get shoved into groups with their region represented already.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Kinda lame that C9 and FNC (if they win) will get shoved into groups with their region represented already.
This isn't true.

Assuming all the favorites win the Play-In:

C9 would go to A or C
WE can only go to B or D
FNC can go to A or B
HKA can go to B or C

So WE is default to D if no upsets since they are the only ones eligible

The other 3 I'm not sure, depends who is "drawn" first and then rest of order pretty much sets itself.

If any team is upset then things can change dramatically, but they'll still not be placed in a group with another team of same region

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
3 Days of Play-In Stage in the books so far, I've watched most of it so far.

If you're looking to catch up but don't want to watch shit games, I highly recommend watching C9 (group B) & FB (group D).

Group A: Going as expected, boring games, WE dominant. Gambit sucks dick, not a fun watch at all. WE vs Gambit (day 2) is a meme game, mostly waste of time unless you want to see some "rare" champions (Vayne/Yasuo).

Group B: C9 dominates, looks like the best team in Play-Ins. Even though they roflstomp, I recommend watching because of how quickly & efficiently they dominate. Just good.

Group C: FNC look good Game 1 then struggle Game 2, hard to say how good they are. I'd say they are possibly 4th best in all of play-ins right now. They most likely win their group. Their Game 1 is a fun watch but Game 2 was plagued with Pauses and very drawn out. They use some decent strategy at the end but it's just meh to watch.

Group D: HKA are the favorite here, but FB is looking good. They seemed to come out of nowhere. Awesome games, they aren't messing around.

----

Once Group Stage is over it becomes a Bo5 between the top-2 in the group.

I easily see WE & C9 winning out.
FB looks super good but they might have just had a good day, hard to tell, could easily faceplant the Bo5 and have HKA win out.
FNC probably have the advantage in a Bo5. The other 2 teams are from shit regions and the team that gave them the most trouble is sitting 0-2.

So the #1 seeds all look to be in a good spot but we might be looking at an upset in Group D if FB continue dominating.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
So, does anything wacky happen with TSM's group if group D goes weird?

Had to look up the Leagues and crap and may be wrong in some cases, but looking at my previous cheat-sheet:

Play In #1s all Win:
C9 would go to A or C
WE can only go to B or D
FNC can go to A or B
HKA can go to B or C

If FB wins D:
C9 would go to A or C
WE can only go to B or D
FNC can go to A or B
FB can go to A, B, C or D

FB is in the TCL (Turkish Champions League)
HKA is in the LMS. TSM already has an LMS team in their group (Flash Wolves).

---

If FB takes Group D it means FB or WE can go to TSM's Group, whereas if HKA win then only WE can go to TSM group.
Still going to be unlikely for TSM, as FB would be eligible for any of the Groups and then rest fill in around them.
I don't know how they do the "Draw", but if it's from a bowl again, then you want WE picked first so they get slotted into B and then FB get defaulted to D.
If FB are picked before WE then TSM will get stuck with WE.

Lasch

Trakanon Raider
I really like this year's worlds song; I hated Ignite last year. My only complaint is that this year's song is too repetitive/short.

I've lost way too much sleep watching these play-in matches.

Lyon has impressed me quite a bit for a wildcard team, but their macro is still crap.
WE has disappointed for what was labeled the best Chinese team, but I don't see how they possible lose to any of the 2 seeds in play-ins.
C9 faced retards and crushed them with the only C9 strat they have had all year - pool party in the mid.
Fnatic has faced retards and struggled. The supposed EU revival postRR looks like a questionable narrative at best atm.
HKA looks bad. FB looks bad. Rampage looks worse. I hope the winner of this group gets Lyon so a wildcard has a better shot of getting into worlds.

Midlaners are practicing Fiddlesticks. (At least Bjerg and Perkz are) I am assuming this is supposed to be a Ryze counter. Silence to interrupt the dps chain and good ol' drain tanking when rooted in place? I'm not sure, but, I hope to see it played at worlds!

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I really like this year's worlds song; I hated Ignite last year. My only complaint is that this year's song is too repetitive/short.

I've lost way too much sleep watching these play-in matches.

Lyon has impressed me quite a bit for a wildcard team, but their macro is still crap.
WE has disappointed for what was labeled the best Chinese team, but I don't see how they possible lose to any of the 2 seeds in play-ins.
C9 faced retards and crushed them with the only C9 strat they have had all year - pool party in the mid.
Fnatic has faced retards and struggled. The supposed EU revival postRR looks like a questionable narrative at best atm.
HKA looks bad. FB looks bad. Rampage looks worse. I hope the winner of this group gets Lyon so a wildcard has a better shot of getting into worlds.

Midlaners are practicing Fiddlesticks. (At least Bjerg and Perkz are) I am assuming this is supposed to be a Ryze counter. Silence to interrupt the dps chain and good ol' drain tanking when rooted in place? I'm not sure, but, I hope to see it played at worlds!

Is Round 2 randomized matches? I thought it was Bo5 of the top 2 in each group. Info is hard to find.

Rydizzle

<Bronze Donator>
When does real worlds start? Im only interesting in TSM/IMT matches...Or any matches where we get NA v EU and get to victory lap them a second time.

Balroc

Molten Core Raider
What's the deal with these missions? Can I just buy the things they give - like icons and shit, or do I have to grind them out?

Lasch

Trakanon Raider
When does real worlds start? Im only interesting in TSM/IMT matches...Or any matches where we get NA v EU and get to victory lap them a second time.
I want to say they start next Thursday (5th), but I can't find a date on their website; instead it just lists TBD for groupstage.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I want to say they start next Thursday (5th), but I can't find a date on their website; instead it just lists TBD for groupstage.

Yea October 5th is real worlds: (2017 World Championship)

Groups are Oct 5th - 15th. (no games Oct 10th-12th)

Random pairings for Round 2 makes things interesting for sure.

Lyon does seem strong and FB could take games off some teams imo.

Especially if FB gets 1st in their group and then face a 2nd tier team, they would definitely have a chance to make it in.

If that happens then HKA could end up upsetting a team like WE/FNC... maybe even C9.

I think C9 looks strongest of all the teams though.

How the pairings shake out will be very interesting.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Just got caught up on Day 4. Skimmed through some of the crappy matchups. HKA vs FB is a worthy watch imo.

Round 2 matchups:
WE vs YG
C9 vs LYON
FB vs Team ONE
FNC vs HKA

Hahahahahahahaha
EU are fucked.

FNC look like shit. They played 2 very drawn out games. The 1st game they get lucky to not fall behind early, then win it off a late game misplay. Then their 2nd game they lose to YG, the same team they had issues with yesterday. YG went 2-0 compared to 0-2 the day before, so they ended up 2nd seed. FNC are going to be in serious trouble against HKA. I honestly don't think they win.

HKA and FB had to go to a tie-breaker and FB pulled it out. Awesome games from this team every time. They were behind but end up pulling it out. Good shit. FB get the easiest 2nd seed team and SHOULD advance.

WE vs YG should be good but WE should win.

C9 will have a test against LYON too, but again, I think they should win.

So my predictions are WE, C9, HKA, FB

If this happens then we get:

C9 can go to A or C
WE can go to B or D
HKA can go to B or C
FB can go to A, B, C or D

So TSM could get WE or FB