League Of Legends

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Lasch

Trakanon Raider
NALCS starts tomorrow. Prediction time for Spring!
And bloody hell this season seem like a crapshoot with the roster churn and now best of 1.
Almost every team has some promising features, but they also have some glaring question marks that may or may not actually be an issue.

TSM - I always hated that their support and jungler were basically mutes. Apparently so did Andy. I don't care that DL was hit in the crossfire. I might have if he didn't abandon the team for a split to stream.

Echo Fox - Hard to understand why they would spend that money for Huni, but then go frugal with Fenix. But, assuming they don't get on a losing streak, they should be able to steamroll a got of games.

Liquid - I see too many protect the doublelift comps in the future for me to think this roster will be better than IMT from last year.

Counter Logic Gaming - Increased mechanical skill at the cost of shotcalling, but I think they'll have a great regular season with an extra dose of cheese from Ziks working in best of 1's.

100 Thieves - I'm happy Levi is in NA. I'm sad he's on the bench with a team alreading having 2 imports already in other spots. Bonus, let's see how long Meteos wants to play this time!

Cloud 9 - I think Sven is a wash on Contractz, but I don't see Licorice being as good as Impact. Despite worlds success in group A, they were 4th in regular season last year and bombed in playoffs.

Clutch Gaming - I love their roster, except for Solo. But if he's able to just turtle up on a tank and wave clear like a bitch, the team should be really good.

Flyquest - I like Fly's playstyle of roam, roam, roam. That with Flame or Wildturtle randomly going off maybe can win enough games to make playoffs.

Optic - Arrow, Akaadian, Power of Evil: promising start! Zig and Lemonnation. Oh... ok.

Golden Guardians - The bad parts of Team Liquid married the C9 Academy Team + a rookie ADC. The last time Hai was able to surprise on a shitty team before the wheels finally fell off, but I don't see it happening again.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
why are you so confused with what I wrote? Lol.

Edit: And to clarify, I didn't take your initial post as sarcasm at 1st. I just immediately assumed you were flaming everyone here. Maybe that helps clarify my responses

Skinner

Trakanon Raider
why are you so confused with what I wrote? Lol.

You made an assumption and you were wildly incorrect. I accepted partial blame for not being clear enough and elaborated upon it. If you can't go back and reread what you wrote and find the irony in all of it, that's on you.

Edit: Just saw your edit.

Ravishing said:
how did I assume the worst?
Ravishing said:
I just immediately assumed you were flaming everyone here.

Last edited:

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Tonight was rough, think I lost 6 of 9 games. I had my share of mistakes but I really wonder why some of these ADCs play ranked.

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Someone should contact the ISS because I think UOL just tilted off the planet from that base race.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Oh god the struggle continues...I am now 14-13 in ranked, I was 12-5. I just had a Yasuo that died 17 times tell me to stop laning when I was pushing out a lane...the game sense on these people is damn near offensive.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
OMG I am 18-25, got demoted to B5 and starting to lose confidence. It is amazing how much this game can suck out of you. I woke up at 4am and could not fall back to sleep so I fired up some league determined to turn things around, after four straight losses I switched things up from Jungle to Support. I totally forgot to switch out my Summoner Spells because I have played 100% Jungle so far this year. Anyway, no one said shit and I decided to not point it out and tried to make it work in our favor. So Leo Supp with Smite made the leash awesome and I ended up getting Tracker's Knife Cinderhulk. I really liked it, I may just "accidentally" do that again and try Blue Smite Leo or Mao Supp. We rolled the other team, I got an S- and it felt good to get out of the mind set of thinking I had to carry vs just play my role well.

Today at work I am watching the NALCS VODs and I have to say I am impressed with Echo Fox' first game, though maybe Fly just sucks. Enjoying the games so far I am excited to see how the weekend finishes up.

Last edited:

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
Watched the NA LCS highlights last night.
Some spoilers below if you haven't watched yet.

TSM got off to a rocky start, but I'm still confident they'll get it together by end of split. Zven/Mithy did well in lane in every game, just the team's overall communication and teamwork was sloppy. Which was somewhat expected by 3 new players coming in. Their loss to FLY was pretty shocking though. Especially since they didn't even have FLY Fly yet.

The team's that have more players who have played together, or really good coaches, seem to have done the best the first week. Just stacking good players on a team doesn't mean as much as good synergy early on in the split. TL is basically IMT +Impact/Doublelift, and they did great. Glad to see that roster appears to have worked out. Was afraid it'd be another 'super team bust'.

EF was a pleasant surprise. Seems there is enough talent there to overcome Dardoch's ego. Plus, he's got two solo laners he likes working with between Huni and Fenix. He always got along with Fenix relatively well, it was more Piglet and Loco that he had the big issues with in 'breaking point'. Adrian is sort of the same in that he doesn't want dumb teammates, but there isn't really one on this team. Altec might be the 'worst' but it's hard to say, he's had success if put in the right situation. Plus, Adrian+Huni and Dardoch+Fenix have experience playing together.

Oh, and C9 looked good. Licorice is looking to be a solid player, he's not cracking under pressure on stage like some rookies. Sven for Contractz appears to be a wash so far, which may mean he's better by the end of split. So, C9 is looking just as good as last year, which is good. Was afraid losing Impact would really hurt them, but Licorice is living up to the hype so far. I think they will be a top 4 team for sure.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Watched the NA LCS highlights last night.
Some spoilers below if you haven't watched yet.

TSM got off to a rocky start, but I'm still confident they'll get it together by end of split. Zven/Mithy did well in lane in every game, just the team's overall communication and teamwork was sloppy. Which was somewhat expected by 3 new players coming in. Their loss to FLY was pretty shocking though. Especially since they didn't even have FLY Fly yet.

The team's that have more players who have played together, or really good coaches, seem to have done the best the first week. Just stacking good players on a team doesn't mean as much as good synergy early on in the split. TL is basically IMT +Impact/Doublelift, and they did great. Glad to see that roster appears to have worked out. Was afraid it'd be another 'super team bust'.

EF was a pleasant surprise. Seems there is enough talent there to overcome Dardoch's ego. Plus, he's got two solo laners he likes working with between Huni and Fenix. He always got along with Fenix relatively well, it was more Piglet and Loco that he had the big issues with in 'breaking point'. Adrian is sort of the same in that he doesn't want dumb teammates, but there isn't really one on this team. Altec might be the 'worst' but it's hard to say, he's had success if put in the right situation. Plus, Adrian+Huni and Dardoch+Fenix have experience playing together.

Oh, and C9 looked good. Licorice is looking to be a solid player, he's not cracking under pressure on stage like some rookies. Sven for Contractz appears to be a wash so far, which may mean he's better by the end of split. So, C9 is looking just as good as last year, which is good. Was afraid losing Impact would really hurt them, but Licorice is living up to the hype so far. I think they will be a top 4 team for sure.

More spoilers ahead:

As a C9 fan, yay. TSM always ends up in top 3 though, I'm sure they'll push through by end of the LCS. TL looked way better than you'd expect for basically an all new roster with limited practice together (beyond some past experience obviously), we'll see if it's enough to break the TL curse

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
The next best thing to Victory in League is...
upload_2018-1-24_19-22-55.png

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
I think I figured it out, well for Bronze atleast. Don't play ranked on the weekend. The weekends are just full of stupid and or troll kids. My win rate on weekdays vs weekend days is astronomical. So until I get out of Bronze and maybe Silver my weekends will be for norms or maybe Flex if a few of you want to give this Jungle a tryout.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I think I figured it out, well for Bronze atleast. Don't play ranked on the weekend. The weekends are just full of stupid and or troll kids. My win rate on weekdays vs weekend days is astronomical. So until I get out of Bronze and maybe Silver my weekends will be for norms or maybe Flex if a few of you want to give this Jungle a tryout.
This is true but also consider your opponents will be full of trolls & stupid people as well, which could theoretically make them easier wins.

My experience is that Below mid-gold, it's a real crap-shoot. I've been shaking off the rust and deserve to be where I'm at (Silver II), but definitely have noticed some very WIDE skill gaps with my allies. Some people seem brand new to the game and some seem like Diamond smurfs (some are).

I've really been sucking with Stopwatch, I literally forget I have it 95% of the time. Trying to work on that. So many deaths that could be prevented lol. When I play Diana it's like all muscle memory and I know all the timings, but jungling lately with different champs and having stopwatch on everyone has been a challenge for me.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Been demoted out of silver 3 3 times now... Just finished game tonight after work and my talon mid had 13k damage at the end (was like a 40+ min game)... if I get promoted and demoted again then it's probably time for me to take another extended break.

skrala

Silver Knight of the Realm

You can use that to your advantage. Play jungle, check who's on a losing streak while the game is loading, and tilt them off the face of the earth.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
EF vs TSM: Knowing the result, I had to watch the VOD, worth it imo.

I've been an EF fan since they came into LCS, always rooted for them even when they sucked. Now they are the only undefeated team so far. And I've also been a TSM fan since Season 2, when they had Rainman/Chaox/TOO etc.

Hard to believe TSM starts out the gate 1-3 but I think they'll be ok. They simply got out-scaled, I didn't see any terrible decisions really this game. It was an incredible comeback by EF (10K down at 1 point). The fights were damn close which always prevented TSM from closing it out. MAYBE they could have pushed harder earlier, but I'm having a tough time determining WHEN they could have. Literally every fight was tooth & nails. Only a couple ever barely surviving from either team.

And then EF outscales and TSM gets rolled. Maybe they could have base-raced or did something else more strategic.

EF looks great and a couple come-from-behind wins against 2 very good teams already (C9/TSM). Looks like EF might actually be the front-runner this season, they can only get better imo.

And even though TSM are 1-3, I have a feeling they will turn it around and end with a winning record.

Spring split isn't the most important anyways and TSM has notoriously done worse in Spring. By the time next split is here they should be in good shape.

Golden Guardians are the only team without a win so far. After 2 weeks it's looking like a close contest still. 100 Thieves/C9/TL all right behind EF.

But it's still super early.

One thing of note is the meta is REALLY fucking slow right now. It's really hard to close out games fast unless it's a complete steamroll. We already have numerous games in the 50+ minute range.

I'm not sure how healthy this is really. In a way it means more games decided by Strategy/Teamfighting instead of snowballing, but it also negates a lot of that early game strategy. Since it's best of 1, the longer games may be preferable for a spectator though. If it was still Bo3 it would be very unacceptable.

Right now I say the new season is for sure better with Bo1, longer meta, and all teams being competitive so far.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I haven't watched any of the games, is the meta longer because everyone is doing the stupid relic shield cull farm for 300cs before fighting botlane thing, or just because teams don't want to risk going for early wins and potentially losing the lategame in best of one?

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I think it's a combination of things. Particularly items & the new Rune system.

Spellbook, Gathering Storm & Stopwatch promote safety, scaling, and flexibility.
Like in the EF vs TSM game, there were like 5-6 players with spellbook, including AD/Support on EF.

Being able to change your summoners is pretty strong.