League Of Legends

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Still working on getting up to level 30 and figuring out what champions I can play well at. Mostly have been playing mid lane and this week out of the free rotation, both Heimerdinger and Brand seem fun. Question for you guys, if I hit the mid champ and he retreats back to his base to heal, and my minions and I are now within the full health turret radius, should I be prioritizing attacking the turret or attacking enemy minions?

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yep. You generally only prioritize hitting a tower if you can actually chunk it down pretty far or all the way. Usually a good time is if your jungler or some other teammate joins you in the lane (or you join them)

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
You should probably back to base yourself, you won't lose many minions if you've pushed to tower range and you'll want replenish to match your opponent.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
In most cases you want to back too after pushing the wave. Staying in lane will disadvantage you. Your opponent will have an item advantage and health pots. If I'm forced to back early I definitely take advantage of my opponent if he is still in lane when Ireturn

Buffylol

N00b
rrr_img_95368.jpg
That is why you hide your chat when you stream

Sidian

Lord Nagafen Raider
They obviously pick up some EU mid laner, if not some KR one. Unless there is some new blood NA they get. I swear to god if they pick up mancloud c9 is going to lose a fan.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Pretty sure its going to be that Incarnation guy that was just unbanned and C9 had already signed to a deal afaik

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Definitely what C9 needs. While Hai was a great shotcaller it's become very apparent they cannot beat TSM simply because of the talent difference between Hai and Bjergsen.

As it stands right now TSM is the only NA team with any shot in an international tournament

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Still working on getting up to level 30 and figuring out what champions I can play well at. Mostly have been playing mid lane and this week out of the free rotation, both Heimerdinger and Brand seem fun. Question for you guys, if I hit the mid champ and he retreats back to his base to heal, and my minions and I are now within the full health turret radius, should I be prioritizing attacking the turret or attacking enemy minions?
It depends on your champ and your opponent. If you have good wave clear and can shove the wave to the turret then you should immediately look to roam top or bottom and pick up a kill or force a summoners. For example, you shove your lane, look at your minimap. If the opponents bottom lane is at the river at the least, run down there and try to do some damage. The time is not wasted if you force them to flash or use heal or something. This does two things: 1) It allows you to roam bottom again and now no one has flash or other mobility and you can secure a kill easier. 2) It allows the jungler to do the same thing! If you happen to get a kill on your initial roam, the better.

Shoving minions to the tower also forces them to potentially lose CS. Some champs are better than others and farming under turret. At your level of play, everyone is bad at cs and under tower it's even worse. Just remember, every 2-3 waves worth of minions is equal to a kill in gold. If you focus, early on, in getting your creep score as perfect as you can you'll be better than a ton of other players. Even if you play safe and don't make any fancy plays and die a few times, the more CS you get the better you will grow during the game. As long as you know when to start grouping and team fighting you'll always outscale your opponent if you can CS better than them. The lower your ranking, the stronger the difference is between a good CSer and a bad one.

I hope that makes sense.

drtyrm

Lord Nagafen Raider
Definitely what C9 needs. While Hai was a great shotcaller it's become very apparent they cannot beat TSM simply because of the talent difference between Hai and Bjergsen.

As it stands right now TSM is the only NA team with any shot in an international tournament
Hai's press release lines up with conventional wisdom: my style of mid doesn't work any longer combined with wrist problems making practicing difficult. I wonder if this will be the only change C9 makes? Lemonnation is in a similar spot in that he's outclassed by Lustboy and Aphromoo mechanically.

intelnavi_sl

shitlord
Hai's press release lines up with conventional wisdom: my style of mid doesn't work any longer combined with wrist problems making practicing difficult. I wonder if this will be the only change C9 makes? Lemonnation is in a similar spot in that he's outclassed by Lustboy and Aphromoo mechanically.
when aphro and sneaky duo que it's amazing, that would be a fun lcs lane.

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
Lemon isn't Insec but he's fine mechanically, he's just gotten bad about getting caught the last year or so. He's still the best in NA as far as early warding and moving around the map though. He's also the exact opposite of Aphro in that Lemon will go around by himself and get shit done on the map, whereas Aphro is really only strong in 2v2s and on certain champions(Morg, Blitz) in team fights and isn't much of a map pressure support. I think losing Hai and Lemon at the same time would put C9 in a very bad situation with regards to losing their ability to outplay people on the map. Think back to his manmode 1v2 invade that set up 3 kills in game 5 against liquid, or the way he kept Balls from feeding early in the season and basically brought the 2v2 top/support lane to NA before anyone else was doing it. Lemon is still legit, and I would argue the best support in NA, despite Lustboy's strong season. Lustboy just has a dominant mid on his team so he can always count on pressure in that lane, which lets him do a lot of stuff Lemon can't do because Hai is always getting shat on.

drtyrm

Lord Nagafen Raider
Just speculating. I agree it's a lot like basketball where you have to consider how a player fits into the team strategy as well as on a individual skill level.