League Of Legends

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't like this mage patch. I was looking forward to it as I play mage mids (not that AD crap either) and I don't know. I loved Cass but now, I don't really like her as much. Less bursty and more of a skirmishing champion. I also don't know how I like not being able to buy Magic Pen boots. I don't know, just played one game so far and read a little bit of the notes. It seems that the only champs that might have gotten better were Velkoz?

Opinions and thoughts? I don't play LOL enough to really know what's going on here.

sebur

Bronze Squire
I am a mid main and I personally feel by making them a bit different and more unique it allows them to balance better outside of items. It also allows them to potentially fill a different role (not sure how this will pan out) although maybe a more specific one but as it stands right now most of the mages getting redone with this patch don't see play any way so doesn't hurt to try but in reality none of their recent big updates have really done much anyway once the OP was nerfed (see marksmen update, juggernauts, etc).

uncognito

Trakanon Raider
I have not played any matches yet, but on paper I like the idea of dragons being way more important than they used to be. and some of the effects looks pretty cool.. If i understand it correctly, at 35min It could be possible for every team member to get back 15% of their hp and mana every 6sec, perma buff.. seems really OP on some champs, but also lots of fun. and that might be one of the weaker drag effects.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Dragons are definitely a cool idea. It adds a randomness to the ebb and flow like runes do to DOTA.

What I don't like is it seems like every mage that got an update, with a few exceptions, got their damage reduced and their ratios gutted. And most of them weren't seeing much play anyway.

I don't see why they gutted so much damage from most of those characters.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Cass not buying boots could arguably be an early/midgame nerf but at end of game she has more move speed than most and a 6th item, which is a bit terrifying potentially. Overall a lot of the itemization looks on point but I think they put too much into Morellonomicon, too little into RoA, and the rocket belt might need tweaking. The changes to the mages themselves are super hard to judge because of the item changes at the same time. I think most of them are actually in a better place than before but again, too early to know.

Edit: In most cases, damage potential on the mages went up (or WAY up), but it all got moved around and is frequently more situational. Brand has to potential to just delete all 5 enemies in a close fight, Vel'Koz true damage ult is incredibly dangerous (and he got AP ratio added to passive procs too), Annie's shield got better and Tibbers is going to murder people that aren't used to running away from him, so on and so on. Viktor I think got the worst of it because they basically moved him into waveclear-mage which is what they moved him away from last time so now he's just kinda like... why.

Also I will always endorse any patch that has more Veigar buffs, muahaha.

WhatsAmmataU_sl

shitlord
Dragons are definitely a cool idea. It adds a randomness to the ebb and flow like runes do to DOTA.

What I don't like is it seems like every mage that got an update, with a few exceptions, got their damage reduced and their ratios gutted. And most of them weren't seeing much play anyway.

I don't see why they gutted so much damage from most of those characters.
I'm willing to let it play out. The juggernaut update put 3 of the 4 champs at #1 in their respective lanes. Why not take a more measured approach?

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
MSI is insane so far if anyone hasn't been watching it. Day 1 was sort of predictable, but day 2 and 3 are just... so entertaining.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Both the CLG vs RNG Games have been awesome! I am not a CLG fanboi, though I have always liked Aphromoo, but the way they are palyiong at MSI really makes me respect them.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
CLG vs SKT
I really wanted to believe CLG could pull it off and then I watched the 1st game. Oh well GG! At least they made it to the finals, which is a NA first I think. Gratz to all the CLG Fanbois!

TSM won last years MSI or IEM. I'm too lazy to look it up but they won an international tournament last year before they tilted off the face of the planet in the second half of the season. They however avoided playing the KOO tigers and beat a low ranked LPL team in the finals. The LPL team played out of their mind up until that point.

sebur

Bronze Squire
They do and will continue to, lets be real this is only some irrelevant half season tourney. When all is said and done nobody (fanbase) wise cares about winning MSI if you don't win worlds. Worlds is the end all be all and it just goes to show we might be in for another SKT repeat.