League Of Legends

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

littles

Lord Nagafen Raider
Cloud 9 looks like they are in end of season form while the rest of the league looks like the season hasn't started.

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
You don't have to spoiler results. League is the NFL of e-sports. Would be like asking not to know the outcome of the super bowl.
We made a gentlemans agreement to spoil results for 24hrs in this thread awhile back. no one would get in 'trouble' if they didnt, but many people watch a vod after the live airing (i often just watch the highlights of most matches myself).

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
Actually, it might have just been like 6-12hr grace period even. Just a small buffer as a courtesy. Ive had results spoiled at times, and i dont really care, but its nice to not know most of the time or when something unexpected happened.

Speaking of..
Some interesting results today. All of the teams look a lot closer in talent then i initially expected. There was one 'upset' today, and even the 'bad' teams are just barely losing some of their games or matches. im starting to think CLG is going to be in the bottom half of the league, the rest of the league just improved past them, potentially.

Edit: oh btw, did anyone else kind of chuckle when the casters kept saying things 'how he has done this season' or 'his results for the season havent been great' etc.. when they could have just said 'last week'. they were talking like we have 4+ weeks of results to base an opinion, rather then one week.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Well this thread gets little action anymore so probably safe to not use spoilers. I don't watch vods anymore . Bo3s make matches take too long. I either watch live or look up the results.

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
I'd highly suggest using Your source for League VODs! • /r/LoLeventVoDs and watching just the 'highlights' videos. Condenses each game into about 5-6 mins of the most relevant parts (i.e. kills and dragon/barons).
I only watch the full games if I happen to be free when it's live or it's a match I'm really looking forward to.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zajeer

Molten Core Raider
Hey if any of you guys are ever in Southern California and want to see a game live, hit me up - I can probably get you tickets.

Lasch

Trakanon Raider
I thought Link would take over the midlane for Liquid. I feel like I'm not the one that is really wrong after watching TL play this split.

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
I put a few bucks on EV to win that, odds were like 4 to 1, but i had a feeling EV was getting their act together and TL wasnt. thought it was 50/50 chance.

Rydizzle

<Bronze Donator>
I thought Link would take over the midlane for Liquid. I feel like I'm not the one that is really wrong after watching TL play this split.

Anyone to replace goldenglue really. He just isnt a high performing midlaner. If I recall correctly, waaaaay back when, when scarra was leaving Dignitas, they tried Golden glue out to replace him, with terribly bad results. It just doesnt seem like he's improved enough.

Lasch

Trakanon Raider
Korean count
C9 (6-0): 1
FLY (5-1): 0
TSM (5-1): 0
P1 (4-2): 2
IMT (2-4): 2
FOX (2-4): 1
TL (2-4): 2
CLG (2-4): 1
DIG (1-5): 3
NVY (1-5): 3

Still somewhat early, but the season is almost 1/3 the way through, and no way would I have ever thought TL, CLG, and DIG would ALL look this bad. (CLG does have their moments though)

I think TSM has already lost more games in 5 matches than they did in all of Summer '16 regular season.

edit: updated (don't see IMT coming back from giving Zed first blood and double jungle buffs)

Last edited:

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
It seems like reginald's opinion that mixed language teams dont work is holding up so far this season. p1 seems to be an exception, but i know ryu speaks english well enough that he helped shotcall on h2k. if arrow does as well, then they really dont have a problem.

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Still waiting for Liquid to can Piglet he's done nothing every since he came over to NA for the pay check. Seems like NA just wants to throw money and Koreans at their teams in some attempt at making a team, get a couple NA pub all stars then go find some mid level Korean players then have everyone do the side shot arm cross photo to show how "great" their team will be before being relegated.

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
Piglet still has good mechanics, when TL still had fenix and were winning some, piglet would pop off at times. ADC scorelines are indicative of how their team is doing overall, a good adc doesnt carry 4 bad players. Plus, this meta is all utility adcs, mid and jungle carry more, which isnt what hes best at. Doesnt let his mechanics shine.
That said, depending what hes being paid, its likely too much from TLs standpoint for this split. That money would be better spent getting a rockstar mid laner.

Lasch

Trakanon Raider
Kind of sad that C9 backed out of IEM Katowice; I thought they had a good shot of winning some matches.

Supposedly they are worried about Visas... which, is either just extreme paranoia or they did some shenanigans with some of their support staff visas. I don't think anyone else in NA will look too good on the international stage at the moment. So, I'm hoping FlyQuest goes and Hai works some magic.

current lineup:
H2k
UoL
M19 (Albus Nox)
Flash Wolves
EDG
Kongdoo
ROX
NA replacement for C9

Vinen

God is dead
So hyped for C9 vs FlyQuest.
C9 backed out due to Trump. They are afraid people won't be let back in the country.

PS: Piglet is utter dogshit. Kinda like Huffingglue. Team Liquid is seriously the worst team I've seen in a while.

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
Kind of sad that C9 backed out of IEM Katowice; I thought they had a good shot of winning some matches.

Supposedly they are worried about Visas... which, is either just extreme paranoia or they did some shenanigans with some of their support staff visas. I don't think anyone else in NA will look too good on the international stage at the moment. So, I'm hoping FlyQuest goes and Hai works some magic.

current lineup:
H2k
UoL
M19 (Albus Nox)
Flash Wolves
EDG
Kongdoo
ROX
NA replacement for C9
NA only gets one slot? ive never paid attention to how they determine those things, but that sucks c9 isnt going. TSM is still a little shaky on shotcalling, and im waiting for flyquest's cinderella story to end. i think their schedule was pretty easy, in retrospect.
But, at least its two of the worst koren teams going, so maybe whoever goes has a shot. ROX has no one from last years lineup, they are the 2nd worst team right now in LCK, imo. Kongdoo being the worst, the origen/envyus of LCK right now. Skt has never had a huge interest in these things, but not sure why KT, Samsung, afreeca or someone didnt go.

Lasch

Trakanon Raider
They sort of tinker with how teams can "qualify" for these every year. But this year it was finally pretty straight forward on paper.

Best team from each region at worlds, and the winners of the various IEM tournaments. Unfortunately, like every year teams started backing out.

NA could have had 3 teams going, but TSM sucked vs. UOL. And TL and IMT were the other NA teams that went to an IEM... (won by SSG who recently backed out along with SKT)

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
why do all the korean teams back out, is the prize pool not big enough? I understand why C9 did, because of the potential travel ban making things awkward, but I don't get why literally the top 8 teams in Korea all wouldn't go.

Lasch

Trakanon Raider
Not sure. SKT won last year - maybe they think having a break during IEM would be worth it, since they will most likely will be going to MSI and then Worlds at the end of the next split.

SSG skipping? Now that one is baffling.