Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Went down the Hyrule Castle abyss with 6 hearts amd peasant armor, wow that escalted quickly, had to teleport out.
Realized I should not be there very quickly. Now somehow have a full inventory of 40-70 shields and weapons that are still in the 20s 🤣

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
The battery upgrades feel slow as you have to take zonanite to a forge to exchange for crystal charges and then crystal charges are exchanged for the battery upgrade. I have tons of zonanite, but the forge guy on the Sky Islands only makes 10 at a time (ingame day?). I'm guessing there are other forges to buy from, but I've not found em.

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
For fairies. Become a reporter.

Hint:
Near Rito Village - Talk to NPCs at news HQ.

Go to woodland stables. Talk to NPCs.

Hint:
Haul them to greater fairy.

When you do that it'll point you to the rest.

Just finished second fairy and it's kind of a pita to find the NPCs. All of the fairies follow the same type of quests.

Battery upgrades come from killing crap underground.

Hint:
Killing monsters drop small amounts, bigger monsters usually drop 20. 100 per charge to upgrade. Easiest NPC construct to upgrade is the construct right outside Lookout Landing. As you explore the underworld you can unlock constructs to make them as well to buy with your zonanite.

I wouldn't stress about missing things as almost anything you do will give some char growth. Ive got dozens of side quests I've not even touched. Can clean up when you're ready to spoil or after you beat the story imo.
Ohhhh, okay yeah I did get the band back together, think I have 2 fairies opened up so far - guess the word GREATER made me think there were even better ones. Didnt have much mats to upgrade my gear yet but I do have the ability.

Guess after work I'll start exploring the depths more, so far I've only gone down there for the one quest in Lookout and fought the Gerudo-ish boss down there.

Game is very addicting, though a lot of the systems are annoyingly tedious.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
They should have named this Zeldan Ring.

• 1Rimshot
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Finished up the fire dungeon last night. Pretty sure I missed a lot of puzzles as I was climbing to areas rather than using powers :p But hey, whatever works.

I am going to go back to exploring now - I have half the map I still haven't lit the towers, and would like to find some more side quests.

Also last night in the emergency shelter, some lady was sweeping the floor complaining about a ghost. So I went to investigate and the demon statue I talked to took one of my heart containers. Little fucker. For 20 Rubies when I turned the quest in I was pissed. I now want to go ape shit on the entire fucking town and Elder Scrolls all their sorry con artist asses.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

spronk

FPS noob
talk to the demon statue again, it will refund the heart. its a mechanism (there was the same thing in BOTW) to exchange hearts for stamina

• 3Like
  • 1Mother of God
  • 1Wow!
Reactions: 5 users

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
The battery upgrades feel slow as you have to take zonanite to a forge to exchange for crystal charges and then crystal charges are exchanged for the battery upgrade. I have tons of zonanite, but the forge guy on the Sky Islands only makes 10 at a time (ingame day?). I'm guessing there are other forges to buy from, but I've not found em.

They be underground.

Also last night in the emergency shelter, some lady was sweeping the floor complaining about a ghost. So I went to investigate and the demon statue I talked to took one of my heart containers. Little fucker. For 20 Rubies when I turned the quest in I was pissed. I now want to go ape shit on the entire fucking town and Elder Scrolls all their sorry con artist asses.

Yeee this statue let's you swap hearts/stam. It's pretty useful.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Did my first temple today. Still don't think I've scratched the surface of this game heh.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Goonsquad Officer
Heh yea I just play when my 4 year old wants to play. We have beaten the first 3 tutorial shrines

• 3Like

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Dude you can literally fuse a shield to a mine cart and grind on the rails!!!! This game is amazing, lol.

• 3Like

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Nintendo is definitely doing things wrong and needs to release cutting edge hardware to compete with Sony and Microsoft vs doing their own thing. Look how poorly it is working out for them.

I don’t think anyone has said they should do it for that reason. More like because their hardware is garbage and these games would be even more badass on a real system with real graphics (even their stylized graphics could be improved upon greatly while retaining the style).

• 7Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 7 users

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Nintendo is definitely doing things wrong and needs to release cutting edge hardware to compete with Sony and Microsoft vs doing their own thing. Look how poorly it is working out for them.

I would really like to play this game but I'm not buying a $300 Switch that has specs 10x worse than my desktop pc just for that

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

ShakyJake

<Donor>
I would really like to play this game but I'm not buying a $300 Switch that has specs 10x worse than my desktop pc just for that
I did and it's not really worth it imo. Elden Ring pulled me in much harder than this. Different type of game, of course, but that's how I feel.

• 2Like

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Not insinuating that you cant afford it, but if it makes it easier - you could just buy it on a marketplace. I list properties on there and see Switch consoles from time to time and theyre rock bottom price in comparison to what I paid for mine. Im guessing the fact that its portable, means its being "picked up" real easy. The other side of this is that if your computer isnt mediocre, you could just bootleg it like a few people did in this thread.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Just bought my house. Housing in games for me has turned into fucking crack cocaine. I forget about everything else while I build it out. And I mean, it is in a perfect spot too. If I was Link:

"So after the last 40 odd years I have been saving this god forsaken Hyrule in one way or another. I mean Jesus, I had a year off and me and the lady go hiking in the cave and shit goes down again? Screw this noise. I have this land over here and some good folks in this town. I can build a fire that lasts forever as long as it doesn't fucking rain, and I am one hell of a cook. I have a view of views for Rubies on the Gems, and water everywhere. Nothing batshit insane is going on over on this side of Hyrule - why in the ever living fuck would I be a hero again.... Save Hyrule, AGAIN.... When I can plant my little elven ass right here and live the life of riley. I mean the only thing missing is the single hottest piece of ass this side of Death Mountain.... shit. Alright let's go get her"

• 5Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

Drajakur

Molten Core Raider
I have a strange relationship with this game.

When I just set out into the world aimlessly I really enjoy the little "micro adventures" I have: finding weird stuff, saving a few Koroks, flying one place while intending to go in a completely different direction. More fun than BoTW for me in that respect.

But when I actually settle down to try and get something done I tend to get frustrated with the finicky systems and the slow progress. Oh and weapon durability.

I feel like the game might be more fun to cheat a little (e.g. find that pre-made build template power; find all the resistant clothing sets) and then go from there. But part of me likes running blind too.

I am constantly surprised at how solid the game is. Coming out of Jedi, wow, it is amazingly non-buggy.

• 3Like