Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom

Chris

Potato del Grande
Make sure you do the breadcrumb quests you get at the start of the game guys.

I did 3 temples without doing the depths quests and therefore autobuild. I missed out on a lot of early vechicle exploration stuff that way.

Started geoglyphs after 5 temples and apparently it's the most important part of the storyline, what the fuck.

I think I'm at the final series of encounters now, but done hardly any side quests, only 3 batteries, no fairies so combat is all getting 2 shotted. Mostly focused on exploration.

Anyone finished this yet? I'll push on if I'm the first, otherwise I'll probably work on the fairies.

• 1Potato
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
There really is an impressive amount of content in this game. I've barely touched the surface it feels like. There are a fuckton of sidequests and I am actually finding them interesting enough to do.

However, fuck that timed bullshit with the stuffed animals. I left that cunt on the side of the road.

Attaching a rocket to your shield is dope btw.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
OK Hyrule Castle isn't the end so... guess I have to map out those depths and get some mats for Lv2 Armour...

Master Sword is amazing though, hasn't broken yet, been fusing dragon scales to it.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>

Dunkey is at his best in games with sandbox elements.

• 2Worf
  • 1Double Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
Doing the gloom lynel underneath hyrule castle

LOL I shot it with a 50 bow with one of those dagger things on it thta upped the shot to +50. I dunno what happened but it vanished with 0 loot dropped.

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
LOL I shot it with a 50 bow with one of those dagger things on it thta upped the shot to +50. I dunno what happened but it vanished with 0 loot dropped.

The same thing happened in Breath of the Wild, shooting a lynel with ancient arrowheads will make it disappear without loot. It's a last resort survival strategy, but you don't get the rewards.

• 1Worf

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Im at 13 hearts 2 full stamina circles and seeing words on the past page like 'Armor Upgrade' and 'Autobuild' makes me realize I've been a fool.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Im at 13 hearts 2 full stamina circles and seeing words on the past page like 'Armor Upgrade' and 'Autobuild' makes me realize I've been a fool.
Yeah this was me lol. I think it's fine, you are just leaving the exploration stage and moving into the exploitation phase.

I've gained hardly any hearts in the last few days and have been leaving shrines undone to focus on some of these other things.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don’t think you guys are missing out. I’ve done basically no underground exploration except to get autobuild and the fire temple. I think autobuild helps more in the underground with vehicles some of the terrain seems wild, but outdoors? I haven’t used it once. I just did the first great fairy quest and I’m 3 temples down. I still stop what I’m doing and go for every shrine I see so am at 3 stam and like 16 hearts. But unless you’re getting one shot I don’t see why you’re being a fool. Game is meant to be played however you want.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I found mining pants for permanent glow. That has been pretty convenient.

Underground is good just because you can get like 100 bombs in 10 minutes down there and really good fuse mats. I haven't found a single forge construct since the initial one though and I need them.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I beat the game last night with the “true ending”. I was far from 100%ing it but I also didn’t have a strong desire to. Since I was stubborn about my desire to explore outside of the suggested route, I came across the fifth sage as my 2nd unlock. That made the story beats anticlimactic as I got near the end of the game but made the experience between then fucking awesome for reasons I won’t spoil.

Overall, this was a an awesome journey. I hope they figure out how to do traditional dungeons by the next iteration. My ranking for temples is:

Wind > Spirit > Water >>>>> Fire >>>>>>>>>>>> Lightning

The frame drops in those temples was atrocious too. It almost got to the point that I considered firing up an emulator so I wouldn’t have to play on a potato.

• 1Like

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Honestly more fun that way. Armor upgrade is too trivializing. If you actually build mechs and shit a lot then I guess auto build is nice, personally I never use it.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Honestly more fun that way. Armor upgrade is too trivializing. If you actually build mechs and shit a lot then I guess auto build is nice, personally I never use it.
I used auto build a TON when unlocking all the light roots in the depths. I don't think it's a spoiler to point out there are hundreds of small supply depots all throughout. However, not all of them have the same mats available. So I saved a handful of favorite designs of the gliders that covered the spectrum of available depots (some have 2 fans, 4 rockets, no steering stick while others have 3 fans, no rockets, 1 steering stick, etc).

To your point, I rarely used auto build on the surface, but I did use those glider auto builds in the sky islands quite a bit as there are many areas that are only accessible through vehicles (or at least with assistance from vehicles).

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
I ended up picking up the game this morning. Costco has it for $59 and I couldn’t pass it up. Hopefully I hate the durability crap less than I did in BoW

Last edited:

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Durability really isn't that bad this time since you can stack fuse items.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
What do you mean by 'stack' fuse items?
You find base weapons all the time. The fuse items like horns and monster mats that you collect from running around killing stuff all stack. So you really never are in too much of a shortage of good weapons as you kill stronger and stronger monsters.

• 1Like

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
I ended up picking up the game this morning. Costco has it for $59 and I couldn’t pass it up. I hate the durability crap and heard there is a glitch near the beginning of the game to dupe the master sword or something so you dont have to worry about other weapon crap durability. Is the glitch possible to do without looking it up beforehand and spoiling anything? I’m trying to avoid as many spoilers as possible.
If you mean the prologue sword glitch you'll definitely have to look it up, but I did it before I left on Friday and it took me like 45 mins of trying before I got it to work. Wasn't that bad, just make sure youre not running the latest patch (1.1.2 i believe, that patched it).

Can do it right after the prologue finishes while still on Sky Island, so it won't spoil any of the quests or anything.

I haven't used it aside from testing but figured it would be cool to have waiting as a backup just in case I ever need it.

• 1Like

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
348835624_1007648303730995_7140074013183754339_n.jpg

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
One thing I really enjoy about this game is that nothing is unreachable. Some sky island far off the horizon. Seemingly just a tiny speck out in the distance. You can reach it if you think about it a little.

I love that shit. I am going to finish the Wind Temple finally (I ignored the jump puzzle entirely with a few baloons, flames, and some zonai charges lol). Took 30 seconds to get in there. I spent so much time dicking off I only prioritized it because I couldnt do the shield surfing thing without the blizzard going away.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users