Legends of Runeterra - Card game by Riot Games

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I also registered as I am kind of over Magic Arena. The game looks nice. I am glad to read that others on this board are enjoying it.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I registered but never got an email saying I could play. How long does it take?
You need to watch twitch streams with drops enabled. I put 1 on and went and watched tv, then saw an email I got in.

You need to connect twitch to riot games and register for the beta too

Some people claim to watch streams for 20+ hours without an invite. Im wondering if having an honor level in LoL speeds it up. I got an invite after maybe 45 min, I'm honor 3 in league

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
You need to watch twitch streams with drops enabled. I put 1 on and went and watched tv, then saw an email I got in.

Some people claim to watch streams for 20+ hours without an invite. Im wondering if having an honor level in LoL speeds it up. I got an invite after maybe 45 min, I'm honor 3 in league

Oh that is some innovative and wild shit. I have never connected my riot account to it as I havent played league in years.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
One tiny detail I like a lot, when you cannot do anything on your turn, the computer automatically passes, so you can't use the 30 seconds to think about the next turn, it keeps the game flowing at a quick pace.

Lame unless there's a "bluff an action" button....

Pyros

<Silver Donator>

I assume it's random so some people are unlucky and others lucky. I got one after leaving twitch alt tabbed for a day, not sure how long it took cause I didn't check until the day after. Haven't played League since like, 2015 or something.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Does having multiple drop streams open cause any issues? Have disguised toast in the browser and another one in the app.

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Never played lol, So i registered a new riot account to link to my twich and watched thijs play this for only 30 minutes or so before i got an invite.

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
I believe you can turn auto pass off in the options. I'd need to hop on and double-check though.

There is, auto-pass is just enabled by default, I presume to make moving through the tutorial and early vs AI games faster.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>

Worked, put on Amaz muted while watching Hearthstone Masters final.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I am enjoying this game. As long as this game does not create 100 different kinds of counterspells(Hate that mechanic), I am good.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Never played lol, So i registered a new riot account to link to my twich and watched thijs play this for only 30 minutes or so before i got an invite.
Same experience for me. Never played League, turned on 1 stream and had it pretty much instantly (sub 1 hour)

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Got in, played through it up to the faction-unlocks grind. Pretty fun. The Champion "level-up" requirements are a nice way to impact deck-building while also creating a positive "quest"=>reward emotional feedback during play. The shared-turn-structure and being able to actually interact on the "stack" (as it were) makes this feel so much nicer to me than Hearthstone, but they managed to keep most of the good pacing in the process. I really like the "spell mana" spheres, even if it seems like spell costs are pretty inflated to compensate for it.

As a horrible human being, I like that they don't seem to be particularly averse to combo/bullshit in their first set.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I got in. But still can't login to the client. Says I don't have access.... sent in a ticket so we'll see what happens.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I also no longer have access. I assume the access was a limited amount of time or the server is down? Is everyone else also having this issue?

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Haha, took me all weekend but finally got a key Sunday evening. Didn't get a chance to try it, was planning on digging in tonight.... oh well.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Server is down until Nov 14

That explains that then.

My first impressions of the game are outstanding. I was impressed with the layout and the ease of play. They already had a nice tutorial that even players not familiar with these kinds of games could easily understand. There is a mix of a few games that have all come together to create this. I of course saw Hearthstone with Magic. The part that kind of made me smile was a bit of Artifact was taken with the card combat and the little friends(Magic Arena has this now).

I can see plenty of various strategies that will add a deep sense of strategy to a simple looking game. This is a good thing.Not having to worry about mana was nice but what really impressed me was the lack of a lot of random. The cards had function that you knew was going to happen rather than having to hope it would happen. Hearthstone went nuts with the random aspect, which was one of the strong negatives for me. The game does have a counterspell....damnit. If it is the only one, then I can live with that.

The release is slated for 2020 but the game played like it could release now. This is a wonderful sign as to the condition of the game and the commitment of the company. This game is a must play for me as maybe we finally get as close to a perfect online card game as can be created.

Last edited: