Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
EoupbpcW8AQbaxa

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Viktor looks interesting, I looked and there‘s a lot of cards with “create” on them already like mushrooms for example. He looks like he’ll snowball if you don’t take care of him. At worse with Hex Core Upgrade he can possibly gain +1/0 and a random keyword every turn. Having your created cards cost 1 less when levelled up might be really good tempo, his Hex Core Upgrade at that point will be free.

Death Ray 1, 2 and 3 is going to be some great removal...one card that turns into 2 more increasingly more powerful removal that you guaranteed in the next 3 turns. I think it will see some play as it will synergize with a few champions.

Iterative Improvement will see play in Viktor decks for sure, I’m not sure it will see play outside of that but it might as it seems pretty good.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I like Viktor but he's an engine champ and not a closer. Zoe will probably be the closer for this archetype.
He looks fun, a bit of RNG for sure. Pairing with Zoe (Targon) means you should have decent protection for him too.
Getting Elusive, Tough, Regen, etc... will make him a beast, but that all takes some time to accumulate.

Death Ray isn't bad, can't go face, and makes your draws a little weak though.

Personally Maokai Mill looks really tasty right now.
I had to throw together a quick theorycraft and I think it might just be viable:

Here are 37 cards :

I'm thinking 3x the new P&Z landmark and up to 3x Iterative Improvement to squeeze in here.
Highest cost card is Maokai at 4 mana.
Mill protection with Go Hard & Counterfeits.
Tons of Draw,
Surprise opponent with tons of Veterans at the end, or drop some additional landmarks.

I'll definitely be trying something like this.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Just started playing this yesterday. Actually liking it quite a bit. Went 8 wins in my 1st expedition using Teemo. He actually seems insanely strong, at least in expedition if you build around him. Would get like 50-100 shrooms in their deck and then had a bunch of those 2 drop creatures where each player draws.

Without having read any guides or watched any videos I decided to try an ephemeral deck. Seems pretty decent actually but playing ranked I'm seeing some pretty insane stuff. I'm winning a lot but the deck seems a bit too fair compared to what I'm seeing some decks do.

Games seem a little too fast. I'm surprised they discarded summoning sickness and every unit has haste. Other than that it's definitely a pretty solid game and I'm basically having cards just thrown at me. Doubt I'll ever need to invest more than the 5$ for the starter pack.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Just started playing this yesterday. Actually liking it quite a bit. Went 8 wins in my 1st expedition using Teemo. He actually seems insanely strong, at least in expedition if you build around him. Would get like 50-100 shrooms in their deck and then had a bunch of those 2 drop creatures where each player draws.

Without having read any guides or watched any videos I decided to try an ephemeral deck. Seems pretty decent actually but playing ranked I'm seeing some pretty insane stuff. I'm winning a lot but the deck seems a bit too fair compared to what I'm seeing some decks do.

Games seem a little too fast. I'm surprised they discarded summoning sickness and every unit has haste. Other than that it's definitely a pretty solid game and I'm basically having cards just thrown at me. Doubt I'll ever need to invest more than the 5$ for the starter pack.

I hardly ever do Expeditions but I believe deck size starts lower so Teemo is a lot stronger, also being able to add over 3x of key cards helps a lot.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
I hardly ever do Expeditions but I believe deck size starts lower so Teemo is a lot stronger, also being able to add over 3x of key cards helps a lot.

Ya that probably helps for sure. Was thinking of making a teemo standard deck after that lol. Might be able to work with some sort of control heavy long game deck where you just try to build up for a OTK. Although Idk because agro in this game is pretty insane.

Last edited:

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Random assortment of cards

Eoz8fgdW8AQLu6q

Very niche cards I think. All a bit slow.

A bit underwhelming, The Scargrounds might be fun in a self damage deck with Vladimir since Tough in those decks is really useful, I'm not sure it will be any good but it could be fun.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Eo5GRP3XEAINKOT

These cards are REALLY cool and all very interesting.

Pesky Specter: I love this. I have been screwing around with Ephemerals these past couple days and this is definitely a card I want now. Screws the opponent draws and if they decide to play this themselves, I assume you get 2 more in your deck.

Stalker: Very strong Aggro/Fearsome card. Will be super annoying.

Grand Plaza: Seems really good. Some ideas from Swim's stream:
Any tokens you Summon get the effect, pairs well with Shadow Isle stuff: Undying, Spiders, Haunted Relic, etc.
Also good with Grizzled Ranger.
Sounds really strong

Sunforger: It's okay, good statline, lifesteal only 1 round, but 4 mana 5/4 is good.

Moonlight Affliction: Busted. This card will finish so many games. I already think it'll see a nerf at some point.

Targon's Peak: Looks really tasty. Has so many implications. I look forward to playing some super-timmy decks with this card. 0 mana Feel the Rush on turn 5 sounds great.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Pesky Specter: I love this. I have been screwing around with Ephemerals these past couple days and this is definitely a card I want now. Screws the opponent draws and if they decide to play this themselves, I assume you get 2 more in your deck.

Ya the very first thing I gravitated towards was ephem since I like the shadow isles. Pesky specter seems pretty good actually as it being 0 mana is pretty huge. Surprised it's common. Tried a bunch of different stuff with ephem so far and it mostly seems a bit too fair. That is until I discovered encroaching shadows. Was trying to think of ways to break that card and my first thought was overwhelm but there isn't really enough overwhelm cards especially cheap ones for it to work. Elusive however completely breaks it.

I've only started tinkering with it a bit ago but I'm 4-1 already and only lost to this guy who had like the ultimate hard counter draw against me. The games I've won though, holy moly. Legit 1 shotting people at 15+ out of nowhere very quickly. I'm not entirely sure if Hecarim is the champ to go with but he's so far been pretty impactful as a plan B and he won me 1 of the games so far.

1607672075126.png

Last edited:

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Ok ya, the deck is super broken. I kept playing some more and was like "ok I'll play til I lose 1 before going to bed". I had to stop myself because I kept winning lol. So far I've seen that this deck hard counters deep/toss decks. Not sure what else it counters yet but deep has basically zero chance against this from my games so far.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Ok ya, the deck is super broken. I kept playing some more and was like "ok I'll play til I lose 1 before going to bed". I had to stop myself because I kept winning lol. So far I've seen that this deck hard counters deep/toss decks. Not sure what else it counters yet but deep has basically zero chance against this from my games so far.

I've seen that shell before. Encroaching Shadows is best with Elusives for sure.
I'm not sure what your rank is or what decks you're facing, but I gotta believe any aggro deck will fare really well until Plat or Diamond.

I was taking a different approach and made a Maokai/Hecarim deck with Harrowing as a finisher. It's not great, but has stolen wins from meta decks.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Zoe is interesting. REALLY hard level up. But Targon has ways to protect her much better than most regions.

Too hard to evaluate honestly, but looks creative & interesting.
Her support cards all look viable.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
I've seen that shell before. Encroaching Shadows is best with Elusives for sure.
I'm not sure what your rank is or what decks you're facing, but I gotta believe any aggro deck will fare really well until Plat or Diamond.

I was taking a different approach and made a Maokai/Hecarim deck with Harrowing as a finisher. It's not great, but has stolen wins from meta decks.

Ya I'm still only silver so it's hard to say just how good it is but I'm definitely crushing almost every game. So far I've noticed that Ezreal counters me quite hard but everything else seems ok so far.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Zoe is interesting. REALLY hard level up. But Targon has ways to protect her much better than most regions.

She seems a lot like Teemo. Just too hard to protect for her to ever really go off and she's way too slow. Viktor on the other hand seems to have decent potential to be meta.

Btw I refined the stealth deck a bit and it's honestly gotta be one of the most cancer aggro decks imaginable and probably the only deck where a champion isn't necessary. Take a look and play around with it maybe, it's actually hilariously fun. Still debating over a couple cards and trying a few things out but I think it's mostly perfected. The only card not in it that I'm considering is shroud of darkness and I'm not 100% sure about the nopifies yet. They've won me several games but have also been dead weight in many others.

CIBQGAYFAMCA4BABAIDBCFA3AQAQKDAWF4YQEAIDAIKAEAICCYWACAIBAIOQ

Last edited:

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>

Zoe is really cool, but might be too hard to level up since keeping a 1/1 alive to “see” you play 10 different names. Then again her level up version is extremely powerful. We will have to wait and see to really know.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Zoe is really cool, but might be too hard to level up since keeping a 1/1 alive to “see” you play 10 different names. Then again her level up version is extremely powerful. We will have to wait and see to really know.

Ya, having the "seen" requirement basically makes her unplayable. There is almost no way in hell she will ever level up against any good deck. Either the game will be over or she'll be dead long before ever seeing 10 different cards.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Zoe is interesting enough that I'll try her, her level up is hard but she is only 1 mana. When TF was released we thought seeing draw 8 would be impossible too