Legends of Runeterra - Card game by Riot Games

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
I don't know if true but most of the streamers have said Go Hard is getting nerfed (per Riot). I'm surprised no balance changes too, but afaik they hardly ever change much on expansion days. So 1-2 weeks and it's likely being nerfed. I can't remember if they do quick balance patches after expansion or not... I'm not too worried though.

Ya I guess it's whatever and they wanna see how the new cards interact 1st but still would've liked to see something, anything.

Btw I've been having so many insane games with my deck that I started recording them. They're pretty hilarious. I swear this deck has to be the most fun I've ever had in any constructed format in any card game ever. Practically every game my opponents have got to be thinking that they can't lose and then I OTK them out of nowhere on turn 5 or 6. So much fun. While seeming like a brainless agro deck it's actually very complex. Finding lethal in some games is very challenging. Here's a couple good ones so far.

Last edited:

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Aggro decks just bore me too much. What would you say is your worst matchup so far? I'm guessing Go Hard due to your disappointment with it not being nerfed. Have you tracked your win rate?
I still only played those 4 games.

I've been having fun with a teemo+vi control type deck. It's not great but the wins are so satisfying.

CICACAQEBABACARFGEBAEAQBAUBQCBAIDE5AGAQBAIBCCAQBAQNR6AYCAIDQSCQCAEAQIMIBAMBBI

It'll likely be obsolete after tonight, though i may tweak the list and still try to make it work. Shrooms are a fun counter to go hard. I could probably get Masters with the deck still, but might be too much of a grind lol

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Aggro decks just bore me too much. What would you say is your worst matchup so far? I'm guessing Go Hard due to your disappointment with it not being nerfed. Have you tracked your win rate?
I still only played those 4 games.

I downloaded overwolf but only recently so my sample is too small still and of course right after I started tracking I lose my first 3 games in a row lol. My WR has to be pretty high overall, probably around 70% over 100ish games. I just started last week but I've climbed from bronze to plat 2 so far with it. Actually just as I was typing this I was able to find my profile but it doesn't have many games since I just downloaded the app yesterday. Am 8-2 my last 10 games with 8 wins in a row since making 1 final adjustment to the deck but overall since recording am 50% WR. It's definitely getting much harder to win games as my opponents and their decks become better.

My hardest matchup is basically any Ez deck since cheap removal fucks me up and Ez can block one of my dudes and ya go hard is a PITA since it can zap a lot of my dudes unless I can encroaching. Elise and mistwraith decks are also really hard to deal with because they're super fast and I usually cannot chump them at all so I'm often 1 turn too late to be able to kill them.

Decks I utterly destroy however are fiora since a) I basically never have any creatures on board for her to challenge and b) I have so many answers to strike combat tricks via glimpse/mark/shroud. I completely destroy Soraka/deep decks because they're so slow and I have all the time in the world to build up a virtually uncounterable OTK.

I've been having fun with a teemo+vi control type deck. It's not great but the wins are so satisfying.

CICACAQEBABACARFGEBAEAQBAUBQCBAIDE5AGAQBAIBCCAQBAQNR6AYCAIDQSCQCAEAQIMIBAMBBI

It'll likely be obsolete after tonight, though i may tweak the list and still try to make it work. Shrooms are a fun counter to go hard. I could probably get Masters with the deck still, but might be too much of a grind lol

Nice, I like non-meta decks that win in unusual ways. I'm still pretty new so I don't have too many cards yet but in a couple of weeks and some vaults I should be able to mess around with a lot more decks.

Last edited:

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I downloaded overwolf but only recently so my sample is too small still and of course right after I started tracking I lose my first 3 games in a row lol. My WR has to be pretty high overall, probably around 70% over 100ish games. I just started last week but I've climbed from bronze to plat 2 so far with it. Actually just as I was typing this I was able to find my profile but it doesn't have many games since I just downloaded the app yesterday. Am 8-2 my last 10 games with 8 wins in a row since making 1 final adjustment to the deck but overall since recording am 50% WR. It's definitely getting much harder to win games as my opponents and their decks become better.

My hardest matchup is basically any Ez deck since cheap removal fucks me up and Ez can block one of my dudes and ya go hard is a PITA since it can zap a lot of my dudes unless I can encroaching. Elise and mistwraith decks are also really hard to deal with because they're super fast and I usually cannot chump them at all so I'm often 1 turn too late to be able to kill them.

Decks I utterly destroy however are fiora since a) I basically never have any creatures on board for her to challenge and b) I have no many answers to strike combat tricks via glimpse/mark/shroud. I completely destroy Soraka/deep decks because they're so slow and I have all the time in the world to build up a virtually uncounterable OTK.

Nice, I like non-meta decks that win in unusual ways. I'm still pretty new so I don't have too many cards yet but in a couple of weeks and some vaults I should be able to mess around with a lot more decks.

Gotcha, ezreal and fearsome decks are 80% of the ladder in diamond 3 and up lol. Diamond 4 is dick around rank

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Very first game I flip Zoe & Riven , lose to Swimstrim's Targon's Peak deck still .... but it was fun and i probably could have won if I had more experience. Im liking this deck already.
Targon's peak looks really fun too though

this is the deck btw, same one I posted above:

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Very first game I flip Zoe & Riven , lose to Swimstrim's Targon's Peak deck still .... but it was fun and i probably could have won if I had more experience. Im liking this deck already.
Targon's peak looks really fun too though

Jeez I didn't even notice targon's peak. God damn that card is cancer. Pretty disappointed. I left HS in hopes I could find a card game without game swinging RNG bullshit but alas, devs are fucking clueless as usual. It's like TFT also, just stupid RNG bullshit for no real reason because the devs are too dumb to design a game properly.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Just means Landmark removal is important now. It's a symmetrical effect, so can try to play around it. It's why I started this Zoe/Riven deck so I can try pulling all the 7+ invokes if I run into it.
Aggro should also do well vs the deck imo, unless you can't finish by turn 5-6

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
My meta report after Day 1:

I ran into a lot of Zoe/Viktor, it seems solid, might be an A-tier deck there. B at worst.

I hit a couple Foundry/Mill decks, Teemo/Sej & Ezreal/(can't remember). I lost to both, they seem very viable. The latter one was whatever Alanzq created and it doesn't have Teemo but it has Puffcaps.

I actually hit a lot less Riven than Zoe & Viktor decks.
Personally I think Zoe is a really good card. And flipping her isn't unheard of.
Viktor can have some blowouts with the right keywords.

Targon's Peak seemed to fade away really fast. I tried a deck of it and boy was that my most frustrating game experience. The RNG always went against me. Having 7 8+ units in hand and it hits the 1 useless card almost every time. Multiple Peaks can hit the same target. It's 5 mana and requires a lot of things to happen early on. Maybe there is a viable deck here somewhere but I can't see it.

Shen/Fiora still good.

Go Hard is still good.

Fearsome still good.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Looks like Burn is back. Swim is streaming a burn deck and it seems pretty strong. Similar to old burn. I tried 1 game and it's good.

I think this is the code:
CECQCAQEBIBAEAYDAQBAGBAFBMBQCAYCFAXAKAIEBAISONBWAAAQCAQDAU

If burn is back, then I think SI is the best bet. Before it was Corina control that countered burn most easily.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah, the burn deck does pretty good. Add to the fact that it is fast to play and I feel another nerf to burn coming. Burn was always attractive as long as it had a pretty good chance of winning, because of the rate of play. If you can play 3 games in the time it takes other decks to play 2 and still have a positive win percentage, then the deck will get looked at. Having a few early one damage to creature cards can help counter it.

Also, was a player supposed to be able to purchase the ALT ART borders via gold? I thought they said you could but I cannot seem to find anything that allows it.

Last edited:

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Ya burn needs a nerf for sure. Decimate probably needs to be made 6 mana.

On a side note, I feel like the way burst spells work need to be nerfed. It's pretty ridiculous that you can chain multiple burst spells before your opponent can react. Their advantage is that they are supposed to be uncounterable and un-interactable but the fact that you can play multiple in succession makes them pretty broken. You should be able to perform an action after any time an opponent plays a burst spell.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Ya burn needs a nerf for sure. Decimate probably needs to be made 6 mana.

On a side note, I feel like the way burst spells work need to be nerfed. It's pretty ridiculous that you can chain multiple burst spells before your opponent can react. Their advantage is that they are supposed to be uncounterable and un-interactable but the fact that you can play multiple in succession makes them pretty broken. You should be able to perform an action after any time an opponent plays a burst spell.

They aren't going to make massive changes to the game like that. Burst spells are a core mechanic of the game.
Spells are balanced around Speed and we've already had some spells go from Burst Speed to Fast Speed as a nerf. (Unyielding Spirit)

As a rule, burst spells can't often permanently effect the opponent's board.
3 Spell Speeds has been fine and if there is a spell that seems too strong at burst, then nerf that spell.

--

Decimate: Of all the direct damage cards, this seems least likely to need a nerf. Burn still isn't even close to as strong as it was 8 or whatever months ago. I think Aftershock, plays a larger part in the current success, 3 more copies of deal 3 to face is big. Ballistic bot also strong... those are the only 2 new tools really. Old burn had about 5-6 cards nerfed and many don't see play now.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
They aren't going to make massive changes to the game like that. Burst spells are a core mechanic of the game.
Spells are balanced around Speed and we've already had some spells go from Burst Speed to Fast Speed as a nerf. (Unyielding Spirit)

As a rule, burst spells can't often permanently effect the opponent's board.
3 Spell Speeds has been fine and if there is a spell that seems too strong at burst, then nerf that spell.
Eh MTG has made major core mechanic changes although it was after quite some time. Burst spells would still retain the ability to be uncounterable and not directly interactable. It just seems broken for a burst card like the 4 cost one that summons a mistwraith to create a creature AND be able to open attack immediately afterwards.

--

Decimate: Of all the direct damage cards, this seems least likely to need a nerf. Burn still isn't even close to as strong as it was 8 or whatever months ago. I think Aftershock, plays a larger part in the current success, 3 more copies of deal 3 to face is big. Ballistic bot also strong... those are the only 2 new tools really. Old burn had about 5-6 cards nerfed and many don't see play now.

Decimate has the highest win rate of any card in LoR so it just seemed like one of the obvious choices.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Decimate has the highest win rate of any card in LoR so it just seemed like one of the obvious choices.

I wouldn't count on public stats too much right now, it's still in its infancy and doesn't have as robust recording as other games yet. Mobalytics, for example, only looks at the matches run through its deck tracker afaik

And if looking at Mobalytics, it's high, but Legion Saboteur is higher with 3k more matches even.

Also it's not showing Win% alongside a Play Rate, so it's piggybacking some win% from the other aggro cards.

---

Re: Risen Mists: Yes, I hate that card. It's only 1 of like 2 cards that can summon at burst speed. The other being Jury Rig. And there are some fringe exceptions like using Return on a <=3 cost card. But yea, I wouldn't mind a Risen Mists nerf.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I played a lot this weekend and 2 decks hitting upper tiers the most seem to be abusing Grand Plaza. I gotta believe these are the 2 most competitive decks right now:

Lucian/Hecarim

Garen/Asol

I don't know if streamer(s) were on these and made popularity skyrocket, or what. Lists might change as both of these decks just kind of appeared over the weekend.

Other strong decks in this meta are Fiora/Shen & Teemo/Sejuani

/end meta report

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Teemo/Sejuani? That deck has been around a long time. I am curious what changes brought it back.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Teemo/Sejuani? That deck has been around a long time. I am curious what changes brought it back.
Lists I've played against have been a lot different than the last and include the Foundry and investigator. I forget what else, it might not be great idk. Meta isn't really settled yet, but I've faced a lot of teemo decks lately

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
1608610647563.png

1st ever try, guess I need to get 4 more now :/

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
I played a lot this weekend and 2 decks hitting upper tiers the most seem to be abusing Grand Plaza. I gotta believe these are the 2 most competitive decks right now:

Ya, I'm thinking Grand Plaza needs some sort of nerf, it's just insane with certain cards. I actually thought up a good way to nerf it without ruining it and that is to make it so your creatures only receive the buff if you have the attack token that way it removes any defensive benefit the card might offer. Only other options are to make it 4 mana or to make it only give +1/+0.