Legends of Runeterra - Card game by Riot Games

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Zoe is interesting enough that I'll try her, her level up is hard but she is only 1 mana. When TF was released we thought seeing draw 8 would be impossible too

Drawing 8 cards is wayyyy easier than playing 10 different cards and while it's not much, the extra 1 health helps TF's survival a decent bit. For Zoe to level she basically has to survive for nearly the entire game and that's if you play her on turn 1 or 2 the latest.

Last edited:

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Lumi Lumi I tried your deck, went 2-2. Not the type of deck I typically enjoy playing but the blowout wins were fun. Very first game guy resigned on turn 5 after I put 22 damage on the board from nothing.

Lost to another aggro deck who barely out-raced me, I would have won if I had Nopeify in hand, and then lost to a TF go hard deck that had all the removal AND it was the first game I couldn't find Encroaching.

Main problem is it's a burn deck that can run out of steam fast. Nopeify probably shouldn't be in it really. You're going to either win or lose by turns 5-7. Probably could get some more aggro 1 or 2 drops in place. Also I'd probably nix Sown Seeds and maybe something else for more aggressive units.

Drawing 8 cards is wayyyy easier than playing 10 different cards and while it's not much, the extra 1 health helps TF's survival a decent bit. For Zoe to level she basically has to survive for nearly the entire game and that's if you play her on turn 1 or 2 the latest.

Draw 8 is only way easier because of his Support cards/spells. And afaik we may not have seen Zoe's full supporting cast yet. Also she's only 1 mana. The point is she shouldn't be flipped every game. If you're forcing an opponent to use premium removal on a 1 mana card then that's a win. 1 mana elusive is hardly ever useless.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
I tried your deck, went 2-2. Not the type of deck I typically enjoy playing but the blowout wins were fun. Very first game guy resigned on turn 5 after I put 22 damage on the board from nothing.

Lol that's hilarious. The wins you can pull out of your ass with this deck are super fun and I can only imagine the look on some of my opponent's faces especially when they think they're going to win.

Lost to another aggro deck who barely out-raced me, I would have won if I had Nopeify in hand, and then lost to a TF go hard deck that had all the removal AND it was the first game I couldn't find Encroaching

Main problem is it's a burn deck that can run out of steam fast. Nopeify probably shouldn't be in it really. You're going to either win or lose by turns 5-7. Probably could get some more aggro 1 or 2 drops in place. Also I'd probably nix Sown Seeds and maybe something else for more aggressive units.

I actually replaced the nopeify's with deny to try it out and so far it's worked better. Most of the blowout type spells that wreck me are 4+ and most of the 3- spells can be dealt with by mark of the isles. The counters are mainly a versatile tech card that basically guarantees my all in's work. Even some agro decks are using 4+ spells and basically every other deck is. You might be right though that they aren't necessary, will have to try a build without them.

I actually did get rid of sown seeds just a little bit ago for what I think is the best addition to the deck, young witch. I was thinking of shepherd of souls but she basically has the same problem as keeper. Unlike keeper/shepherd she can buff AND swing in for damage which is what I think is huge since the deck is basically totally reliant on cheap elusives.

Draw 8 is only way easier because of his Support cards/spells. And afaik we may not have seen Zoe's full supporting cast yet. Also she's only 1 mana. The point is she shouldn't be flipped every game. If you're forcing an opponent to use premium removal on a 1 mana card then that's a win. 1 mana elusive is hardly ever useless.

True I just think the problem is you'll have to build around her too much to make her work and then if you don't draw her or draw her too late you're a bit screwed. I just don't think games last long enough for a card that slow to ever be relevant but I suppose we'll see.

Last edited:

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
p.s. new iteration of the deck

CICACAYCBIBQCAQGCENQGAYFAMCA4BABAUGBMLZRAIAQGBIHAIAQELBRAEAQCAQW

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Today is the finals for the tournament. EU finished, NA starts in little over an hour from now.
Also, these cards have been shown, maybe from the Tournament stream?

EpIWWCJXMAM_5iL

Yesterday's cards:

EpDYZe2XEAEg7uk

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Blade of the Exile cards look geared for some serious aggro.
You're playing a card to generate a piece of the blade... A little bit of Zoe synergy here already, very cheap cards that create different named cards.

Each piece of the blade seems good too, keep in mind they have great synergy with the card from yesterday: Arrel the Tracker.

Since Ez/Draven is already S-tier, maybe these fit there somehow. Could maybe replace House Spiders with 1 of these Reforge cards, since they occupy the same mana slot.

We still need to see how Riven fits... I'm thinking her level up is going to be after you forge the blade.

Zoe/Riven might actually have some synergy.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Blade of the Exile cards look geared for some serious aggro.
You're playing a card to generate a piece of the blade... A little bit of Zoe synergy here already, very cheap cards that create different named cards.

Ya seems like decent synergy. The only problem really is that none of the blades are at all defensive in nature so they don't offer any additional protection to Zoe.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Tourney was interesting but man pack your bags is such a cancer card. Wtf were they thinking creating that shit? That shit is legit beyond broken. LoR really trying to be like HS with that stupid shit.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I assume it'll get nerfed at some point, yea. (Pack your bags deal 4 instead of 5 maybe?) Feel the Rush is also really good and there's actually some possibility that Give it All will see much more play after the new card release.
I don't know why the KDA event issued such great spell cards.
I am a little sad that the Go Hard player won it, I was hoping the other guy would pull it out. He had a good lineup of decks. I was rooting against every Go Hard player lol.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
I assume it'll get nerfed at some point, yea. (Pack your bags deal 4 instead of 5 maybe?) Feel the Rush is also really good and there's actually some possibility that Give it All will see much more play after the new card release.

Ya there's lots of ways to nerf it. I think making it so that it can fizzle by changing the keyword 'and' to 'to' and also make it so that you can only target enemy units. Could also make it require 4 casts instead of 3 but ya something needs to be done to it. Apparently it's getting nerfed next patch, notes are being released Tuesday.

I am a little sad that the Go Hard player won it, I was hoping the other guy would pull it out. He had a good lineup of decks. I was rooting against every Go Hard player lol.

Ya same and it was looking good for a little bit too. Unfortunate.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Riven is pretty good, great statline for 3 mana, and her level up seems to be fairly easy to achieve. She also creates a card every attack round(wonder if she triggers with Rally effect?), the cards she creates don't seem too strong but they are good during your attack phase and they are pretty cheap cost.

Sharpened Resolve doesn't seem great.

Survival Skill is pretty nice, I like the versatility between either playing it or discarding it.

All in All, this set seems pretty decent...all 3 champions seem to be interesting.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Riven is pretty good, great statline for 3 mana, and her level up seems to be fairly easy to achieve. She also creates a card every attack round(wonder if she triggers with Rally effect?), the cards she creates don't seem too strong but they are good during your attack phase and they are pretty cheap cost.

Yes, she works with rally so it could make rally decks a thing maybe. Perhaps Kat? Idk.

Sharpened Resolve doesn't seem great.

Survival Skill is pretty nice, I like the versatility between either playing it or discarding it.

All in All, this set seems pretty decent...all 3 champions seem to be interesting.

Seems decent. Viktor and Riven will see competitive play but Zoe is a just for fun card. Funny that she is beyond broken in league but they made her god awful in this.

Last edited:

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
The 2 Decks I'll be trying Day 1:
Riven+Zoe to get the new champ experience :D
& some sort of Targon's Peak deck

I normally spend too much time tweaking a concept to play more than a couple decks.

This is a Riven/Zoe shell I'm working on:

I'm sure it won't be great, but the beauty of Day1 is there are lots of shit decks to play against :)
I'm still deciding how I want to use Targon's Peak.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
patch notes

• no balance changes
  • Introduction of Prismatic cards.
  • end

Last edited:

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Zero balance changes really puts a bad taste in my mouth and makes me think the future of this game isn't very promising. When the entire god damn community is screaming to nerf a card and it wins an entire tourney and you do literally nothing it's pretty clear you have no clue what you're doing.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Zero balance changes really puts a bad taste in my mouth and makes me think the future of this game isn't very promising. When the entire god damn community is screaming to nerf a card and it wins an entire tourney and you do literally nothing it's pretty clear you have no clue what you're doing.

I wouldn't worry too much, Riot has done an incredible job so far with balance. Their patch cycle is usually every 2 weeks, 1 patch is bug fixes, and the other is balance. So once a month we get a balance patch, and they have not been shy to address issues.

The thing they mentioned often though is that perception is different than actual numbers...so sometimes a card is viewed as problematic but the actual win rate or play rate doesn't exactly show that...still they will address it eventually(generally quickly enough) even if it's just mostly perception because they realize that's important too.

A good example of this was Unyielding Spirit which is "Grant an ally "I can't take damage or die". Their internal number showed that it wasn't played much, or that it's win rate wasn't that high...except it was one of the most frustrating card to play against and they eventually nerfed it because of perception...not because of strength.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
I wouldn't worry too much, Riot has done an incredible job so far with balance. Their patch cycle is usually every 2 weeks, 1 patch is bug fixes, and the other is balance. So once a month we get a balance patch, and they have not been shy to address issues.

The thing they mentioned often though is that perception is different than actual numbers...so sometimes a card is viewed as problematic but the actual win rate or play rate doesn't exactly show that...still they will address it eventually(generally quickly enough) even if it's just mostly perception because they realize that's important too.

A good example of this was Unyielding Spirit which is "Grant an ally "I can't take damage or die". Their internal number showed that it wasn't played much, or that it's win rate wasn't that high...except it was one of the most frustrating card to play against and they eventually nerfed it because of perception...not because of strength.

Hope so but this is clearly an example of it both being perception and actually being broken.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I don't know if true but most of the streamers have said Go Hard is getting nerfed (per Riot). I'm surprised no balance changes too, but afaik they hardly ever change much on expansion days. So 1-2 weeks and it's likely being nerfed. I can't remember if they do quick balance patches after expansion or not... I'm not too worried though.