Legends of Runeterra - Card game by Riot Games

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
2-8 with my Vlad deck in Ranked
4-8 with Ephemeral rush deck, which 2 days ago got me to Gold II

6-16 combined and I'm back to Gold IV.

Then started working on a new homebrew Control deck featuring Harrowing
3-4 with it so far but it feels good and isn't completely optimized yet, still missing some cards.

This is where I'm trying to get to:
CEBAEAIDAQTAGAIFFAYDCAQBAEBSICIBAUBQ6HJCEMUTKNRZAIBACBIBEEBQCAYLCY2Q

Plenty of removal. Some lifesteal. I actually used Harrowing to close out my last game last night.
Ancient Crocolith has performed so well that I went from testing 1 to adding a 2nd.
The Undying/Curse Keeper guys are good triggers for Croc / Glimpse, but since they can't Block they can be a weak spot, but with so much removal it doesn't matter that often. I did have a game where I drew like 5 of these, basically screwing me from big minions/removals... so I removed 1 Undying.
I also had a game where I had a 1/1 spider + 1/1 Cursekeeper, played Croc to go from 2 Power to 11 Power on board, my opponent then spent almost max time on a response lol.
I went against an Ezreal deck that spent about 4 spells removing 1 Minotaur.

And 1 thing I didn't realize with Harrowing is that it can summon Enemy minions for me if they were large in power. When I used it I ended up getting 2x Fiora on my side.
Just need to watch out for Deny, but with so much removal you probably baited out enough Deny ahead of time.

Unlike your other deck, I really like this. I've been holding back from getting Rhasa but in many ways, it's the most powerful bomb in the game. I guess I'll hold off on one champion and just take the plunge. The only card I'm not sold on is the Minotaur Reckoner. I know it's extremely powerful and used in the Harrowing, it's probably a major part of an OTK. I guess with the massive amount of removal, it's really just a roadblock they are forced to handle. Either way, I need a control deck and yours looks solid. Thanks.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Unlike your other deck, I really like this. I've been holding back from getting Rhasa but in many ways, it's the most powerful bomb in the game. I guess I'll hold off on one champion and just take the plunge. The only card I'm not sold on is the Minotaur Reckoner. I know it's extremely powerful and used in the Harrowing, it's probably a major part of an OTK. I guess with the massive amount of removal, it's really just a roadblock they are forced to handle. Either way, I need a control deck and yours looks solid. Thanks.

Minotaur isn't required but he does F over Elusive/Ezreal in a good way. Ezreal deck really can't do shit if Minotaur is on board.
You can replace Minotaur with whatever other big thing you want though.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Minotaur isn't required but he does F over Elusive/Ezreal in a good way. Ezreal deck really can't do shit if Minotaur is on board.
You can replace Minotaur with whatever other big thing you want though.

Didn't even think about that. Good call. One card I'd like to test is Savage Reckoner and make it more of a combo until I can completely flesh it out.

Last edited:

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I've been wanting to do a Vladimir deck, he just seems like so much fun, and I saw this deck, it's not mine.

I played 5 games, and went 4-1 with it tonight. It's surprisingly strong.

With a lot of units that grow in power when taking damage, and a lot of ways to damage them, and to keep them alive with buffs. You can get a lot of big attack very quickly.

You have a decent of control with 5 Frostbite spells.

You use Trifarian Assessor for draw power, he consistently allowed me to draw at least 2, a few times up to 3.

Might is used as a finisher, since you will have some very big units already, giving them a +3 and Overwhelmed will often just end the game even if they block.

Vladimir is just icing on the cake, you can easily win without him, but he'll finish games too.

It's really fun to play too.

Vladimir.png

To give credit where it's due. I took it from this guy.

He spends 10 minutes to explain the deck, and you can see a few games after that. My 5 games were somewhat similar in the way the deck works.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I just went 6-2 with the control deck I just posted above. Feels good having answers to almost all the bs out there

• 1Like

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I just went 6-2 with the control deck I just posted above. Feels good having answers to almost all the bs out there

I've been doing good with my watered down version as well. Nothing beats them stacking up power for next turn and you using Ruination EoT. No one prepares for Ruination.

On that other deck, Mogwai is probably my favorite Youtuber and he helped push me towards this game when I didn't even know it was being built.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Annoying bug, I had a daily quest to win a game with Ezreal and I did but it didn't activate the quest. It worked the second time though.

I made a Ezreal deck, very spell heavy, win most of the games by doing like 12+ damage in a round with a leveled up Ezreal. Pretty fun to play also.

I've been having fun with the Vladimir deck again, it's pretty good. It wins in a lot of ways.

It feels like right now there's like a few Elusive decks variants and a few shadow isles decks variants that are tier 1but it feels like once you get to tier 2 or 3 decks that the game is really well balanced with tons of viable stuff.

turbo

Molten Core Raider
Just jump in daily to do the quests via ranked, up to silver II so far with Ethreal swarm. Have 7 champ and 11 elite cards saved so probably will pick another deck to try and play with. Definitely fun thing to jump in, got my first 7 win (in a row even lol) on expediation now that i understand the game abit better. Fast aggro comp's with some strong mid game to clean up definitely seems pretty strong.

Use Zed alot in my primary two decks but just not sure i'm a fan, 2 health is so easy to deal with. Try and build some cards around recalling him out if needed etc or deny spells but still just seems so hard to get alot of value from him. Hecurim on the other hand is a beast.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Started playing, I really like it. Reminds me of the one I played a couple years ago that got shut down. I’ll never be very good at it cause I won’t put in enough time to keep up on cards but I’ll still probably play it off and on, I liked the last game I played to kill time on my iPad while traveling.

Some interesting combos, still getting used to spell timing, fucked up a couple times and played cards in the opposite order I wanted to :p

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Man I am having fun with these 2 decks, one is an Ezreal and the other is the Vladimir one.

In last 2 days...

Vladimir: 6-2
Ezreal: 5-1

It's really fun, both are tons of fun and play differently. I must Ezreal is stressful. I often get low in HP before I do a 12+ damage in final round to Nexus for the win.

I don't know exactly how to word this, but one thing I've noticed (in my games at least) is that most game seems balanced where both players seem to have a shot at winning, I had very few one side games. It seems like all games players have good opportunity to make interesting plays. Even aggro decks because of the back and forth nature of the game feel slower, and not as frustrating as some Hearthstone games that ended by turn 4-5 where one player basically didn't get a chance to do anything.

It's just feels so great to me. :)

Almost done with Freljord reward path. Halfway through the Platinum chest, and then the final Diamond one.

• 1WTF

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I've really had terrible luck with the champions I've won but fairly lucky in seeing the repeats drop. After starting with 12, I now have 26 but only 4 new unique ones. I now have full sets of Zed, Lux, Braum, Jinx, and Garen. I have 12 that I don't own a single copy of. The good news is a can't get any more of 5 certain ones lol. Think I'm going to load up on Vladimir on Tuesday but we'll see how lucky I am with a maxed out weekly chest. Helmdinger, Ezrael, and Ashe are some hopeful drops then as well.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I've really had terrible luck with the champions I've won but fairly lucky in seeing the repeats drop. After starting with 12, I now have 26 but only 4 new unique ones. I now have full sets of Zed, Lux, Braum, Jinx, and Garen. I have 12 that I don't own a single copy of. The good news is a can't get any more of 5 certain ones lol. Think I'm going to load up on Vladimir on Tuesday but we'll see how lucky I am with a maxed out weekly chest. Helmdinger, Ezrael, and Ashe are some hopeful drops then as well.
I tried that vlad deck and lost like 4 or 5 in a row. I just tried it again and lost because I only drew spells, no minions to put them on.

Im stuck at gold 2, my control deck is doing decent but sometimes draws bad, I did change the list from what I posted above. I've also definitely misplayed more than a couple times today where I woulda won. Just need to tune my plays a bit

Mistwraith aggro deck seems all the rage atm

• 1Like

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I tried that vlad deck and lost like 4 or 5 in a row. I just tried it again and lost because I only drew spells, no minions to put them on.

Im stuck at gold 2, my control deck is doing decent but sometimes draws bad, I did change the list from what I posted above. I've also definitely misplayed more than a couple times today where I woulda won. Just need to tune my plays a bit

Mistwraith aggro deck seems all the rage atm

I went ahead and crafted two Ashes. I don't know if you have the resources but Mogwai posted a solid Ashe deck that I've got most of the cards for. Swim also has a combo Ashe/ Bjerg/ Rekindler deck I'd like to experiment with that uses most of the same cards but focuses on 'neverending' Ashes. I might try that with Hecarim eventually.

I wanted to craft the Vlads but just didn't have most of the cards. I made a similar deck in expedition mode that was solid and didn't need me to have all the resources. I'll probably do that again if my weekly expedition lets me. Fun as hell and fast.

Last edited:

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I went ahead and crafted two Ashes. I don't know if you have the resources but Mogwai posted a solid Ashe deck that I've got most of the cards for. Swim also has a combo Ashe/ Bjerg/ Rekindler deck I'd like to experiment with that uses most of the same cards but focuses on 'neverending' Ashes. I might try that with Hecarim eventually.

I wanted to craft the Vlads but just didn't have most of the cards. I made a similar deck in expedition mode that was solid and didn't need me to have all the resources. I'll probably do that again if my weekly expedition lets me. Fun as hell and fast.

Ive been facing a lot of Ashe recently, so makes sense.

Here's my current control list. if I didn't misplay so much my winrate would be around 60-70%.

CEAQMAIFB4JRMKJQGEBAIAIDAQSCMNIGAECRSGRIGU3DSAICAECQGII

This current iteration is 2-2, but both losses could have been wins.
1 loss was to an Ashe deck where I royally misplayed and got both my Minotaurs killed by Reckoning after he frostbite them... I was able to avoid it and just wasn't thinking.
Maybe ill do more a write up tomorrow but the gist of the changes focused on removing some of the dead cards (conditionals like Rasa, Black Spear)
Adding more AoE like The Box / Reckoning / 3x Ruination
Adding more early game & early resources with Prey/Mark of the Isles
Adding late game finisher with Atrocity, or a hard target removal if necessary. I have killed many Nexus with Atrocity, even using my 10 damage Darius to kill a Nexus once. Fun stuff. Atrocity also literally just won me a game when my opponent AoE stunned all my Harrowing units, and i had an empty board except for an Undying. I had to Atrocity my Undying to kill his buffed 9attack rasa, he had 2 other units that got me down to 3 health but after surving I was able to turn it around for the win. I had another win with Atrocity where my only move was to block 1 and use atrocity to kill another, survived with 1 hp and ended up winning the game.
The Box is awesome for board flood decks, especially the mistwraith, any hec dead, heimer deck after he loads turrets, etc.
Reckoning is usually great, but the new ashe deck seems to get around it since Ashe/Kindler become 5 attack

Mulligan is to gun for the early units, isles, maybe 1x croc if you have an early unit. Early croc can win games since he's a good early trigger for reckoning.

Almost done with Freljord reward path. Halfway through the Platinum chest, and then the final Diamond one.

Nice, the grind at the later stages starts to take so long lol.
I'm level 14 Freljord / 12 Ionia / 13 Shadow Isles / 6 Noxus (currently leveling)
IMO it's definitely worth changing around 12-13, you get so much in the early levels, and allows you to try diff regions quicker.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I should have done that, stop around 12 and do other factions, I'll probably do that for the others. It's like 4.5K xp for the platinum chest, not sure what it will be for the Diamond one, probably around 5K.

Got my vault to 10, almost 11. I think I will be able to get 11 tonight. I can't wait to see what tomorrow's vault will bring.

It feels like it's Christmas every Tuesday. :)

• 1Like

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Well Christmas sucks. :)

No champions again, I guess I’m paying for 3 in my first vault with none in the last 2.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Well Christmas sucks. :)

No champions again, I guess I’m paying for 3 in my first vault with none in the last 2.

Close to the same. Maxed out rewards for 1 champion which was another repeat, 1 epic, and a bunch of commons. 300 shards away from getting 3rd Ashe and I'll have the full set for 7 of them. I got 2 champions last week with lvl 11 chest so....lol. I'll probably do my weekly expedition and hope for a champ card (reward the last two expeditions I did). Much more consistent than the weekly rewards so far.

Aggro decks were everywhere this morning as I tried to get Ionia to lvl 8. I'm a total of 4 levels from getting all regions to 8. Not sure if that was the way to do it but my common card pool is fairly high lol.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Just the Diamond chest left in the Freljord path. Considering the time I invest in the game (1-2 hours a day tops), I should get it tomorrow night.

My usual routine is pretty much to play to do the daily and the 400-200-100 daily PVP bonuses. So last night I had 2 dailies to do, Frostbite 8 targets, and attack Nexus 10 times with Elusives. I started an expedition, made a Frostbite deck, won my first 2 to get the 8 Frostbite daily. Then I made a Elusive deck to get the second daily...took 3 games, 1 loss and 2 wins.

I stopped at that point having gotten all the dailies XP I could get. I enjoy the bonuses, it's nice for someone like me that doesn't put tons of time each day, but does play most days. I feel I'm making good progress with the way the bonuses are set up.

I have 4 decks now that I play. Mostly Vladimir and Ezreal which are doing good for me in Silver(I don't play rank very often, preferring Expeditions). A Frostbite deck, and an aggro elusive one that are not really optimized, I don't enjoy as much as the Vladimir and Ezreal ones.

Only playing a little in Ranked means I am still only Silver, so I don't see much of the meta, and/or people don't play the decks very well and make mistakes which allow my Tier 2-3 decks to do very well for me. Still I'm not so much to rank up as to play fun decks. I absolutely refuse to have anything to do with Shadow Isles right now, they're everywhere. It will be my last faction to do. :)

I see so many cool decks starting to appear on YouTube from Mogwai and Swim. Not just tier 1 stuff, but both are making somewhat competitive decks, but at the same time fun and gimmicky and those are the ones I love to play, even though they might not be the best.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
0 champions in my level 13 chest, 2nd week in a row. Got a champ wildcard from early Noxus chest though, and bought out the wildcards on the market again. I'm starting to get a nice cache of wildcards and probably won't need to buy much more. I also had nearly 10k shards and I started using them to crafting cards. Seems like shards alone will be enough to sustain my card purchases in the future. I got 10k with minimal effort really.

I try to exclusively play Ranked but whenever I build a new deck it defaults to Normals, so I loaded up the rank 1 Ashe deck and won 2 normals before realizing.
Ashe/Frostbite seems all the rage right now:
Xixo & Gaara were pro players in Hearthstone, here's their decks

Xixo Rank 1 Master Deck: Decks of Runeterra
Gaara Rank 15 Master Deck: Decks of Runeterra

When I loaded into Normals I was against 2 other different Ashe decks.

I'm still stuck at Gold II and didn't play much yesterday other than the 2 Normals I just mentioned.
My Control deck I posted previously stalled at Gold II. I deleted all my decks and going to play more meta stuff.
I'll look to load these up: ezreal, elusive, karma/fiora, elite as well as the Xixo Ashe deck above.
That's 5 good meta decks atm.
"Countering the meta" is always the trick to climb, I hear the best counter decks are kinda like this: Ezreal > Ashe > Elusive/Aggro > Ezreal

Ezreal beats Ashe because Ez is a burst deck with spells and Ashe decks are long drawn out games that counter minions
Elusive/Aggro beats Ezreal since he dies before his burst
Ashe beats Elusive/Aggro due to minion control.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I'm a little surprised there seems to be so few people playing. I don't know the competitive scene but this thread is fairly empty and so is Youtube. Hearthstone is such a broken RnG mess and MtG just feels boring right now. While there is some variety, it feels so similar to the last time devotion was around. I'm enjoying it and it feels like people have just scratched the surface of this game.