Legends of Runeterra - Card game by Riot Games

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I'm basically done the experimental phase and going to start netdecking. The decks are too refined now to have meaningful progress with custom builds in Ranked. I'll make slight changes based on meta as usual.

Well I think I'll have to do the same, I think it got worse a bit with the vault opening since people now can make the netdecks a bit more easily due to having more cards.

To make matter worse(for me at least) is that the meta right now seems to favor aggro, especially with Elusive. So since I'm playing a non-optimized control deck, I struggling a bit(ok maybe a lot) against optimized aggro netdecks.

I'm sure we'll see the meta shift again though, while the decks are more refined...they still seem mostly to be based around the starting cards, and most champions are not being played...either because they suck or people haven't really explored past the initial cards much.

I really love the expeditions though, probably my favorite game mode. You can 3 a week for rewards for a cost...first one is free if you reach rank 10 in the Vault for the week and get the Expedition Coin(whatever it's called), then you need to pay either in shards or coins(money) for the other 2. After that they are free but you get no rewards except experience. For the first 3 you are guaranteed a champion even if you don't win anything so it's a nice way to get a champion.

I've spent $50, and I'm going to use it for expedition. So unlocking the 2 expedition with money is about $6 dollars a week for 2 champions, and having free expedition afterwards which as I said is really my favorite mode and the XP is great anyways, and it allows the completion of daily quests and bonus xp for PVP. So all in all a great mode.

The games are so varied in expeditions too which I love and you get to do a lot of deck building which is also a fun part of the game.

If I don't spend the coins on anything else, at $6 a week, my $50 dollars will allow me to do expeditions all the time for 2 months. I'm totally ok with that as an investment in the game to be quite honest.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Have they commented on their plans for mobile? I've stuck with Hearthstone instead of moving to MTG because of the lack of mobile in the latter and friends that only play on mobile.

They have announced a mobile version already, it will be out when the game officially releases. I seem to remember them saying it was developed for mobile client in mind.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
They have announced a mobile version already, it will be out when the game officially releases. I seem to remember them saying it was developed for mobile client in mind.
Good. The correct and only choice.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kiki

Log Wizard
You can already pre-register on the google play store for Android. Not in apple yet, but the link is on the site ready to go. That needs to release ASAP.

I also find it humorous that the most efficient way to gain xp at a certain point is to lose.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I'm not having problems with Elusive yet, I'm using a lot of challenger cards so you can just yank them during your combat phase.

Really enjoying the Rally mechanic too. I was in a pretty close game but managed to attack on the other guys combat turn before he did for the win!

I won my first Expedition and got an Ashe, was really excited about building around it. Having the heroes as build around cards is great.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I think both decks just mentioned are fairly prominent right now.. elusive & rally. I'm trying to build one of the aggro netdecks but always missing just a couple key cards. I'll get all the pieces by Tuesday when store resets. I also spent $50 and purchasing out the weekly wildcards

Kiki

Log Wizard
You may want to check out Swim's meta video. He talks about not buying the current meta, but banking points for the counter to the current meta. That way you are a step ahead at all times and not just playing catch up like you are now.

Also he just put out a spider video a couple hours ago, he's on to me.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
meh, i dont really care what he thinks. Im buying them every week till I have most of what I want

Kiki

Log Wizard
The Undying and Ravenous Butcher both on turn 3 for a 3/3 and a 3/2 is great fun. If you won't kill my units, I will.

I'll probably end up trying noxus/ionia or something next.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I don't know if it's new gameitis but I'm loving this game. It feels like a really good balance between MtG and Hearthstone. I started late (the other day), and still figuring out the game but it's been fun. I tried to get spiders going. and I was destroyed most of the time. Now I'm playing an elusive deck with some solid success so far. I don't have a lot of champions so it's kind of a mishmash but elusive seems a bit too strong but I'll use it to help build my collection. Feels good to not have to worry about mana or massive RnG. Game seems much better built than the last few Hearthstone expansions were.

Kiki

Log Wizard
Swim is on my dick with the spider deck. I would watch out investing in elusive, everyone says it's getting a nerf.

It's definitely the most bullshit I've come across so far. YesterdayI'm playing spiders as I do, complete board control i have like 5 creatures, 17 life, he has 1 life. He's going to die for sure on my next attack, i have a 8/8 overwhelm or something, etc. He summons the elusive dragon 6/5, but a 7/5 for whatever reason not that it matters. So I play kill creature, 7 mana. Of course he denies ouch. He then plays the card that makes two more ephemeral dragon copies and hits me for 21 damage elusive that I can't block. Bullshit. I mean that's two cards for 18 elusive damage, 1 card protection. Damn.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Swim is on my dick with the spider deck. I would watch out investing in elusive, everyone says it's getting a nerf.

It's definitely the most bullshit I've come across so far. YesterdayI'm playing spiders as I do, complete board control i have like 5 creatures, 17 life, he has 1 life. He's going to die for sure on my next attack, i have a 8/8 overwhelm or something, etc. He summons the elusive dragon 6/5, but a 7/5 for whatever reason not that it matters. So I play kill creature, 7 mana. Of course he denies ouch. He then plays the card that makes two more ephemeral dragon copies and hits me for 21 damage elusive that I can't block. Bullshit. I mean that's two cards for 18 elusive damage, 1 card protection. Damn.
I don't know why but I just can't get invested in Swim decks, he's popular for whatever reason and seems to contribute to the meta...

I am building deck's that got people to Masters..

So far I'm having good success with Dawnspiders, and I'm seeing a lot of mirror matches with it unfortunately... probably will need to change soon.

I also plan to try TidesofTime deck:

Both can handle elusive decently due to challenge+good hard removals

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande

I'd say that the copy card is the problem there. Overwhelm copied could give a similar effect.

I'd actually stolen a lot of matches from buffing overwhelmers. Since they can only assign 1 blocker to it, having low toughness creatures screws them. There's even a 7 power card with Overwhelm and Challenger so you can yank their 1 toughness card to block.

I feel like in the late game, most mechanics have combos which win the game out of nowhere without you having varied defences.

I don't want them to nerf Elusive, they just need to add a keyword which allows you to block it like MTG has while also having Elusive units block Elusive units.

I also think they need to buff Tough/Barrier units to have them nullify Overwhelm.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
According to the description this was the first deck to hit masters, I played against it a couple times recently, the early fearsome units is smart & annoying to play against.

Mr. K

Molten Core Raider
I like games like this, but stink at deck building. I've done the whole tutorial and a bit of the next area, should I just be saving cards?

Chris

Potato del Grande
I like games like this, but stink at deck building. I've done the whole tutorial and a bit of the next area, should I just be saving cards?
Do all the tutorials first.

Then I'd use the 3 starter decks in ranked and do 1 to 1 replacements of cards that seem like upgrades to start.

Save your currency and wildcards until you have a better idea of which mechanics you like.

velk

Trakanon Raider

If you add the game to steam, it plays pretty much flawlessly on mobile via steamlink.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
The Frost deck is really good against elusive. I had a lot of issues until they ran out of steam.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
If you add the game to steam, it plays pretty much flawlessly on mobile via steamlink.

I set this up yesterday and it works great.

I was playing this deck, which I posted above, all yesterday... went 24-10 (71% win rate). Got halfway through Silver II.
I had to sub in cards for 3 Brother's Bond, and I cut the 1 Noxian Guillotine.
I added a couple more copies of Glimpse from Beyond, Hecarim, and a 2nd copy of Legion Rearguard
I kinda like having more aggro minions & draw. Noxian Guillotine is late game removal which is more helpful against control decks, maybe helpful against elusive but with 1 copy you really can't count on it.
The Whirling Death is a better card in most cases and if I get more copies I may add 2 more Whirlings.
The problem with Guillotine that I've experienced is that the target needs to be damaged, so vs Elusive it's still kinda bad.
However, Whirling is also bad if they never attack with a Non-Elusive.

So yes, Elusive can be hard, but I'd say it's about a 50% matchup. Just play it super aggressive and force them to block with their elusives. My winrate vs elusive is probably around 60% yesterday, but it does require having some luck on your side. Having the 3 damage removal cards and your super-aggro stuff out of the gate, is key, also a key Rhasa later on to seal the deal.
Obviously upgrading Elise helps a lot too, but hard to count on it.

Darius closes out most games, but I've also enjoyed the 1x Hecarim.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I got my vault to 10 which I believe is the sweet spot, at 10 you get the expedition token, and I think the xp from 10 to 13 is the same as 1-10 so not really worth the extra work.

The meta or lack off one in expedition is so much fun, you see so many different things. Also, you're forced to change decks every time a trial ends, so you're not playing the same thing over and over.

I'll need to look into Steamlink since I really want this on mobile.