Lightyear (2022)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I can never get behind Coco owing to the fact that it I had enjoyed The Book Of Life from a few years earlier. Yes they are different stories on a fundamental level (romance vs coming-of-age) but the settings were far too similar. I get that the Day of the Dead is likely the most widely known Mexican cultural touchstone but it just felt derivative.

Inside Out, on the other hand, is my favorite Pixar film by a long margin. I'd very much like a whole sequence of Inside Out movies that dealt with additional layers of mental health / significant developmental milestones (puberty/romance, adult life/career/family balance, midlife crisis, etc) ultimately ending with one featuring Riley as an old woman and facing her own (peaceful!!!) death.
Would definitely love a mature episodic sci-fi based on Inside Out. Every ~1hr episode from the PoV of a different person with their own personalities and neurological problems.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This movie was so damn boring. The best thing that could happen to it was supposedly a kiss scene just to drum up media hype. Straight snoozefest.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
You're not kidding. I watched that entire video as well. He does real professional work. I wish I cared about toys. Oh well, that's one collector item that hasn't grabbed me yet.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
You're not kidding. I watched that entire video as well. He does real professional work. I wish I cared about toys. Oh well, that's one collector item that hasn't grabbed me yet.
and those "toys" he improves arent really even toys like you would find at Walmart or something. those are mass produced expensive collectors figures. then he just takes them to a whole new level. really happy i ran across that channel, but he really goes all in on those pieces. i do some painting, but i dont have the eye like he does.

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
The graphics were good
My child liked it
Wasn't horribly offensive
Wasn't good
I liked the graphics

• 1Like

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
I guess this cartoon wasn't gay enough for Disney.

• 1Worf

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Disney fired the director and most the leadership involved in this movie.

i was actually surprised they fired the woman who saved Toy Story 2. she's been around since the beginning. you know goddamned well she's going to Skydance after this. maybe they thought she was a Lasseter spy.

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
i was actually surprised they fired the woman who saved Toy Story 2. she's been around since the beginning. you know goddamned well she's going to Skydance after this. maybe they thought she was a Lasseter spy.

Just because you had one great moment doesn't mean it should save your job if you do something shitty?

I guess this cartoon wasn't gay enough for Disney.
The gay kiss cost them overseas money. Even without it, the movie was just a snoozefest. I think not using Tim Allen was worse than the kiss stuff.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Just because you had one great moment doesn't mean it should save your job if you do something shitty?

The gay kiss cost them overseas money. Even without it, the movie was just a snoozefest. I think not using Tim Allen was worse than the kiss stuff.
i wasnt implying that one thing made her invaluable. but i am saying she was there from the beginning through Pixar's golden age. no way she was a Kathleen Kennedy coffee girl in this setting.

Fucker

Log Wizard
Finally got around to watching this. Buzz Lightyear movie...without Buzz Lightyear. What genius came up with that idea? Buzz Lightyear was the hero and the villain. Dumb idea with a story that doesn't work. Writers need to quit making adults bumble around and act like teenagers who have gotten lobotomies, not a single likeable character in the entire movie.

Film looked fantastic, though...which Disney promptly fixed by firing the person in charge of it. Yeah, they fired the twit who wrote and directed it, but also the only person whose work collected near universal praise.