Lightyear (2022)

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Whenever stupid people bring up how big companies always know what they're doing with market research and focus groups, just bring this up.

A Toy Story movie made for people who don't want any of the characters except Buzz Lightyear, and only the Buzz Lightyear fans who hate Tim Allen.

Plus, gay shit happening for absolutely no reason because when I take my kids to a movie I really hope it leads to a big discussion on sexuality.
its hard to imagine the domino effect that led to this point. all Disney had to do was make movies and collect money. nah gotta shit that up for the ten retards on twitter who might make a stink. Toy Story made Pixar and established the viability of computer animated films and now Lightyear, a spinoff of Toy Story has established Pixar's destruction.

in a real company, some asshole gets butthurt and says they didnt like the way my top moneymaker hugged them. FIRE that complaining faggot and pay them off to keep it quiet. my boy Lasseter can hug anyone he wants as long as he's delivering Frozens, Toy Storys and Wall-Es

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
this isnt only limited to Pixar, something similar happened with Marvel and the MCU, Kevin Feige was chomping at the bit to wokeify the MCU, but one man was standing in his way, Ike Perlmutter, a TRUMP supporting isreali shitlord who could tell Feige to knock off the faggot shit and make these films for the core audience. straight white men. for most of a decade he did just that and when Disney decided that Perlmutter was "toxic", they took his power away and gave Feige all the power he wanted and then some. so after that we got Captain Marvel, Black Panther, Ching Chong, Black WIdow and that retardal shit along with whatever else is waiting in Phase 5. Marvel doesnt even have The Russo Brothers anymore. its all a fucking mess now over this woke nightmare.

In September 2015, Perlmutter stopped overseeing the development of Marvel Studios. Disney felt the studio head, Kevin Feige, should report directly to the chairman of The Walt Disney Studios, Alan Horn, so that all cinematic properties of Disney, including Pixar and Lucasfilm, were under one management structure. The restructuring was allegedly due to Feige's "frustration" of working with Perlmutter as well as some alleged controversial comments and actions by Perlmutter, such as replacing the casting of Terrence Howard as James Rhodes with Don Cheadle because black people "look the same."[14] A person with knowledge of his creative approach said, "Ike Perlmutter neither discriminates nor cares about diversity, he just cares about what he thinks will make money."[15] Jeph Loeb, who oversaw Marvel Television and the television properties of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, still reported to Perlmutter up until 2019.[16]

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
It's ironic, too, because for the longest time Disney for grief because "all they care about is making money."

I guess they hit a critical mass of revenue though and decided they didn't care about money anymore. So they jettisoned all the people that actually made them money and replaced them with stooges.

• 1Like

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I guess they hit a critical mass of revenue though and decided they didn't care about money anymore. So they jettisoned all the people that actually made them money and replaced them with stooges.
The reality is these companies know they have conventional audiences(mainly straight white people) locked down, so why not pander to the minorities and degenerates and get them as well?

Great example is some of my extended family. Absolute life long Disney consumers. Even though they are stereotypical conservatives who love Trump and hate Democrats, many of them are still cant let go of Disney. Conservatives are the absolute worst consumers possible.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
It's ironic, too, because for the longest time Disney for grief because "all they care about is making money."

the story on that is that supposedly Bob Iger wanted to run for president so he started changing policy to pander to these weirdos. i think its bullshit, i think more likely the people who wanted to make money got overruled by diversity hires with a chip on their shoulder and shouted down the "lets keep everyone happy and make money" crowd to include woke garbage, then they said, we need more woke, then they wanted more and more to now all media has to have strong female characters upstaging bumbling straight white males while gay sex is going on in the background.

• 1Like

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Disney nixed the Owl House despite its high ratings and appealing to the LGBT segment. Because the story was "too serialized and did not fit the brand." I.e. not compartmentalized enough for a marketing strategy

Their strategy with the pandering is to take the Tony-Peter relationship and copy paste it with a popular character and a pandering throwaway. Then hop to the next with a different throwaway, and another, and another hoping that one day they'll hit one with wide enough appeal to morph the throwaway into a main character. Except it has never worked, Sony cried foul when they tried to do it to Spiderman with Captain Marvel 2, and now they're growing impatient trying to force it to happen with Reva and a Kenobi spinoff.

No attempt is made to start with good writing, which is literally serialized with the overarching universe/franchise. Starting off with great characters is what we want but they already know how much of a backlash happens when they JK Rowling it and try to shoehorn bullshit onto existing characters. So they flail about in mediocrity not understanding why these comic book heroes who built up decades of story and universe are so much better than their churned out crap. Or how the good books in the original Star Wars EU are better than their movies.

Even if they learned the lessons from all of that they still need to hire people that can act.

• 1Like

Fucker

Log Wizard
The reality is these companies know they have conventional audiences(mainly straight white people) locked down, so why not pander to the minorities and degenerates and get them as well?

Great example is some of my extended family. Absolute life long Disney consumers. Even though they are stereotypical conservatives who love Trump and hate Democrats, many of them are still cant let go of Disney. Conservatives are the absolute worst consumers possible.
They keep electing RINOs. Average republican has their head as far up their ass as a liberal does.

• 1Like

SeanDoe1z1

Because it's losing them money

I took my kids to see an atypical movie. Boring, whatever...not for me.

After the movie I ask if they wanted to see Thor next weekend and got kind of meh responses, watched the trailer.

seeing thor and natalie portman in costume even if its 1% of the movie you just know its going to ooze this type of crap.

its like an 11$ burger from a fast food joint, you start to wake up a bit and wonder why you're even paying for this shit.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

After the movie I ask if they wanted to see Thor next weekend and got kind of meh responses, watched the trailer.

seeing thor and natalie portman in costume even if its 1% of the movie you just know its going to ooze this type of crap.

its like an 11$ burger from a fast food joint, you start to wake up a bit and wonder why you're even paying for this shit.
Natalie Portman isnt an exciting actress at her age, shes a good actress, but she doesnt make young boys anxious to see her at 41.

this is how you you get the boys to say, HELL YEAH! WE GOTTA SEE THOR.
toni-darling-female-thor-19.jpg

btw, it was difficult to find a Lady Thor picture where the model actually knows how to hold a hammer
and shit, even Thor holds Moljnir by the middle of the handle. no wonder he couldnt kill Thanos.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

Not following on the Thor thing. Why would you be annoyed to see Thor in costume in a Thor movie?

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
There was no reason for this move to be made. No one asked for it. TBH, Pixar, once the gold standard of animation has been laying some absolutely eggs and has lost their soul to wokeism.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fucker

Log Wizard
There was no reason for this move to be made. No one asked for it. TBH, Pixar, once the gold standard of animation has been laying some absolutely eggs and has lost their soul to wokeism.
Pixar's last genuinely good film was Wall-E. I mean...they made a fucking movie about periods for fuck's sakes.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Pixar's last genuinely good film was Wall-E. I mean...they made a fucking movie about periods for fuck's sakes.
there is an anomaly, Inside Out. somehow this movie with an original and interesting concept slid by the radar to become a great film. but yeah, the rest are forgettable. though i admit i liked Monster University too.

-edit.
wait. UP! is fuckin great and i liked most of Toy Story 3. Brave and Cars 2 is trash. everything from Good Dinosaur on is mediocre to terrible.

Last edited:

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Brave felt like it had the Star Wars treatment, they could have made a better story using the same setting and characters but aimed dead center at Average and did not deviate.

Toy Story 3 was a trilogy conclusion they got right but then ignored everything to do 4 as a fan fiction. Incredibles 2 they didn't age the characters at all it was literally "the next day" and went with the mom instead of the dad. Should have focused on the kids when they were high school / college age with some creative offscreen happenings for the universe in between.

Onward should not have been a Pixar film, that was weird give to another studio. Finding Dory wasn't bad but still unnecessary, Cars 2 was a merchandise grab and completely unnecessary.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Brave felt like it had the Star Wars treatment, they could have made a better story using the same setting and characters but aimed dead center at Average and did not deviate.

Toy Story 3 was a trilogy conclusion they got right but then ignored everything to do 4 as a fan fiction. Incredibles 2 they didn't age the characters at all it was literally "the next day" and went with the mom instead of the dad. Should have focused on the kids when they were high school / college age with some creative offscreen happenings for the universe in between.

Onward should not have been a Pixar film, that was weird give to another studio. Finding Dory wasn't bad but still unnecessary, Cars 2 was a merchandise grab and completely unnecessary.
all Pixar films are very well made products. they can still suck if there is no story. i have seen Brave twice. i saw Good Dinosaur once all the way through. Cars2 maybe once. ditto Cars 3. Onward was visually great, but was just a mess. Finding Dory was just ok, it wasnt a story that needed to be told. and yeah they shitted up Incredibles 2. it was one of the most anticipated films in Pixar history and they cut Mr Incredible's nuts off. the rest i watched once and have almost no memory of any of them. i skipped Turning Red. not watching that shit.

spronk

FPS noob
I thought Coco was really great, one of those movies kids get at one level and adults get at another level. The Dia de las muertes stuff was amazing to look at.

The last few movies have been bad though, was Luca any good? Looked pretty gay.

Soul and Onward were just mediocre, they lacked that polish and extra layer of story/character that was the difference between a Dreamworks movie and a Pixar movie. They had a pretty solid team cranking out movies for a while but when you look at the last 5 years its all new people working on this stuff and shows.

• 1Like