Lightyear (2022)

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I thought Onward was awesome. The fantasy and metal nerd in me loved it.

Soul was good, I get why it won awards. But it was way too deep for a kids movie.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I thought Coco was really great, one of those movies kids get at one level and adults get at another level. The Dia de las muertes stuff was amazing to look at.

The last few movies have been bad though, was Luca any good? Looked pretty gay.

Soul and Onward were just mediocre, they lacked that polish and extra layer of story/character that was the difference between a Dreamworks movie and a Pixar movie. They had a pretty solid team cranking out movies for a while but when you look at the last 5 years its all new people working on this stuff and shows.
Coco was a visually stunning film, cant take that away from Pixar, they havent figured a way to wokeify CGI, yet. the movie story is just meh with a few clever twists thrown in. Luca is alright, i was looking for gay in it, its there, but its subtle. two boys should be able to be close friends without it being something abnormal. the movie is also meh. Soul is a cool concept, but it smells its own farts for way too long to keep the story moving along.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Luca was average, soul was pretty good, onward was a legit pixar flick. Inside out and coco are legit pixar classics.

• 1Solidarity

Cukernaut

Sharpie Markers Aren't Pens
<Gold Donor>
Not watching this was one of my favorite cinema choices of the year

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Homsar

I don't get the blame game, it always seems like a terrible idea. I will say Tom Hanks and Allen had great responses to this film failing

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I can never get behind Coco owing to the fact that it I had enjoyed The Book Of Life from a few years earlier. Yes they are different stories on a fundamental level (romance vs coming-of-age) but the settings were far too similar. I get that the Day of the Dead is likely the most widely known Mexican cultural touchstone but it just felt derivative.

Inside Out, on the other hand, is my favorite Pixar film by a long margin. I'd very much like a whole sequence of Inside Out movies that dealt with additional layers of mental health / significant developmental milestones (puberty/romance, adult life/career/family balance, midlife crisis, etc) ultimately ending with one featuring Riley as an old woman and facing her own (peaceful!!!) death.

• 1Garbage

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I can never get behind Coco owing to the fact that it I had enjoyed The Book Of Life from a few years earlier. Yes they are different stories on a fundamental level (romance vs coming-of-age) but the settings were far too similar. I get that the Day of the Dead is likely the most widely known Mexican cultural touchstone but it just felt derivative.

Inside Out, on the other hand, is my favorite Pixar film by a long margin. I'd very much like a whole sequence of Inside Out movies that dealt with additional layers of mental health / significant developmental milestones (puberty/romance, adult life/career/family balance, midlife crisis, etc) ultimately ending with one featuring Riley as an old woman and facing her own (peaceful!!!) death.
You will be happy to know that Inside Out 2 is in the works.

• 1Like

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
I don't get the blame game, it always seems like a terrible idea. I will say Tom Hanks and Allen had great responses to this film failing

Their responses were even funnier since Patrick Warburton and Jim Hanks do the voices of Buzz and Woody in a lot of the non-Mainline Toy Story movies/games/tv shows.

Also the only blame this movie needed was that its bad. It did bad cause it is bad. If it was good, it would have done well, no matter who voiced what and how many 1 second kisses were in it.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

Really?

People love blaming everyone else for their own failings. Especially when their own failure leads to a company making hundreds of millions less than they were expecting and you're hoping to not have your career be ruined.

Homsar

Really?

People love blaming everyone else for their own failings. Especially when their own failure leads to a company making hundreds of millions less than they were expecting and you're hoping to not have your career be ruined.
I obviously don't work on high level shit like that but we do $15-20k jobs everyday for me and my partner and we never point a finger ever. If anything we try too take blame for each other on stuff if it happens

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider