Liquors & Cocktails

fris

Vyemm Raider
Oban is buttery nectar of the gods

I can't stand tonic. Mostly due to stealing it from my dad's bar thinking it was ginger ale.

kudos

<Banned>
Thoughts on Tito's compared to Patron? Price difference is pretty substantial and I haven't tried Tito's straight in order to verify it's as good.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I have never tried Patron's vodka but I don't care for Tito's personally.

fris

Vyemm Raider
Living in Austin and not liking titos had to be one of the cities cardinal sins. I'm not a fan. I want vodka to have as little taste as possible. If i do want taste, I'll do gin, looking at you Bombay sapphire. ill even do the occasional vanilla vodka and oj.

Ryanz

<Banned>
Love Patron. I don't believe Tito's is on the same level, but of course everyone has their opinion.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
Thoughts on Tito's compared to Patron? Price difference is pretty substantial and I haven't tried Tito's straight in order to verify it's as good.

You talking about Ultimat Vodka? Tito's is pretty good straight, a tad hot on the finish though. I recommend Jean-Marc XO vodka if you want something to drink straight (or for a Vodka + Tonic) if you are willing to spend premium vodka pricing ($40-50). It is a phenomenal vodka and really good on the rocks. It has a very, very slight vanilla taste when on the rocks; otherwise it is basically like drinking water in terms of smoothness (and absolutely none of the typical vodka burn on the finish)

kudos

<Banned>
patron-vodka.jpg

joz123

Potato del Grande
Just get Kirkland Vodka. Tastes the same as the expensive brands but costs way less.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Yeah Botanist is quality. Not sure I put it above the "standard" top shelf Hendrick's though.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I have never liked the taste of the gins I have tried. I think it was Bombay and Sapphire.

Haka

N00b
I enjoy this thread, as well as most types of liquors. If we're talking Bourbon, I'm a big fan of Four Roses, also enjoy Blanton's (has a cool bottle too).
Blantons_Single_Barrel_Bourbon_1_294217.jpg

I would be very curious to see what everyone's liquor shelf looks like. Right now I'm living in a small apt and only have a cheap Ikea shelf with some crappy christmas lights. I drilled some extra holes to make the skinny crystal shelf. Eventually I'd love to put my booze behind glass, it looks classiest that way.

1corBTi.jpg

I like pretty much all kinds of liquor. My favourite bottle I have right now is the Bastille 1789, named after the Bastille Day during the French Revolution.

201204110653424f8562b6ec90e.jpg

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
I prefer regular old tanqueray to Bombay sapphire. Sapphire may be smoother, but when I drink gin, I want to taste the juniper.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Easily Scotch

Macallan (12, 18, and rare celebrations 25)is usually my to go for Scotch but I like everything like Glenlivet, Glennfidich, or Highland park... Etc

Not a big fan of Islay scotch but I respect the craft.

MrHolland420

KRA! KRA!
<Silver Donator>
Scotch taste like I am stuffing a whole bunch of Spanish moss in my mouth, not a fan tbh. For cheap bourbon though, you cannot go wrong with the Evan Williams, I prefer Kentucky bourbon much more than Tennessee. Now that I am in Tokyo though, the Hibiki is delicious.

• 1Like

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I also have a small city apartment so my bar situation isn't as good as it could be, but this is what I'm working with. I know you can't see a lot of the stock, but most of the things you can't see are gins - Mayfair, Junipero, and Bontanist. This pic is also maybe a month old so a lot of this stuff has rotated out. There's also a stupid bottle of Malibu Coconut Rum that a girl brought over once and she took like two shots of it and left it. Other bottle back there is Rumple Minze which I use strictly in my own modification of a White Russian. Basically make a White Russian, splash of Rumple Minze, and then add a bit of cinnamon. Delicious drink.

bar%20cart_zpsp6mjpgpe.jpg

• 1Like

Tim

Molten Core Raider
I've never found a better bourbon at the low price point as wellers's
Weller-Special-Reserve.png