Liquors & Cocktails

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
I picked up some Bayou silver and spiced rums at my bro in laws suggestion, pretty good for the price and has a different taste. The silver is really sweet and smooth and the spiced has a very cajun taste with the creole spices. Pyrat xo on the otherhand was disappointing.

• 1Quality Calories
Reactions: 1 user

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
fall release raffle was done at my local last night. They did a silent auction for a bottle of vw 10 and 12. Went for $500 and $525 respectively, people are retarded. No shock beam thinks they can swindle a $100 for a regular bottle of bookers now.

$100 for standard Bookers? Jesus christ. That stuff is $45-50 around me, where the hell do you live at where it is that expensive?

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Booker's is average at best, even at a mid level price-point.

At $100 a bottle there are many products that are gonna blow it out of the water.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
I may have to go buy a bottle or 2 down the street just to have it on-hand. Barrel-strength bourbons are always my go-to but there are only a good handful or 2 that have a somewhat reasonable availability.

I do not expect the $100 price to last as no on will buy it anymore. But shouldn't surprise me that it'll become even more desired afterwards so people will will seek it out and pay it. Artificial shortages do funny things and it'll miraculously make Booker's "taste better" due to the premium price in some people's heads.

Yamazaki 12yr use to be around $35-40, now it is $100+ for instance

kudos

<Banned>
So this is my new shit at the moment. Mixing it with Dr. Pepper makes it so easy and tasty to drink.

pussers_rum_navy_rom_54_5_alc_700-p.jpg

• 1Quality Calories

Siliconemelons

Got me some old grandads - what should i mix it with.

I cant do straight, been trying...just cant get the taste for it.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I picked up some Bayou silver and spiced rums at my bro in laws suggestion, pretty good for the price and has a different taste. The silver is really sweet and smooth and the spiced has a very cajun taste with the creole spices. Pyrat xo on the otherhand was disappointing.
We hit up the Bayou distillery in May . Tried all 4. My girlfriend who did not care for clear rum is now a huge convert . Shes replaced vodka in recipes with it. I also really loved it and the select. Cannot recommend the silver enough.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Anyone know what kind of gin is behind the Costco one? Had a lot of it last night for the first time and it's really good! I always heard Kirkland brands were higher quality but this was still surprising. It tasted like Nolet's or something.

• 1Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I don't think they've ever released those details but many people suspect it's Tanqueray. They also suspect their whiskey is made by Buffalo Trace and their Tequila is made by Sauza etc etc etc. It's speculation though I think.

Jalynfane

Phank 2002
I like Macallan's 12 and I like Old Fashioneds. Every time I go out it always costs a shit ton of $$ to get buzzed, 6 Mac 12 doubles is like $140 (It's very expensive for me to get drunk these days) and I need a cheaper drink to hang out with people on. Trouble is finding something with that fits the bill and does not taste like varnish. I'd like to reduce my per drink price to around 6-8$.

When I network with upper managers and I am trying to get a job (currently) I like to still drink Mac's 12.

Thanks

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
It's probably the best scotch I've ever had.
I would say get Jefferson Reserve instead as its cheaper and so vastly superior. But you seem to like the smokey charcol tasting whiskeys so I am not sure you would like it.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I discovered this gin in Iceland and it's some of the best shit I've ever had. I drink it on the rocks it's so good. Don't mix it at all. Bought two bottles from the duty free shop at the airport and I'm already out of one bottle. I'll definitely be seeking this one out on Whisky Exchange.

kqgCiPtIoDLWDuHmkg0DscWn76a-uu02JUKluUYxon6JkOxWW4Xq76G2Y1GK8mFTQmUgq7x0kgT4cu_MTRXd5P7KfYZGVEhR7na8fNL2BO36E3TuIy7QA2OKy0CUderJed1di8bjdrbR_IhFnr59GDp0uGuXjV1wL-Bw6MhQ4InRenOLsThNDs2SuAjGjMQlHw77BdNHwYdCMRKob1L4uL2fxGMEw2cZfrEuuoanyh-4ylc_ZYhnLA_FCWTtPEPfB9D8cGruIiEI0KfrtFdx2fYPjoidCxJenyy6RU6ECdBIWgQmc2rKlTvwrgn8mxBU8FFz6x0IHmEydXOhequ-5GJeDpvbuxQ3bK9Bmtea7Pka--V3C6UtqZeyF6D2IzfcY1XRC74ulZkfCMYW4sfIEhQtkm0AQSFOJxoni_gSv6wcKcB50dUkScqCYHyjYf1TeSZF5fktnCl-IZljg2WkB6-XdHSAaszRnP_1hCo8zFjb70hx6tMglcrze1jwwTLdgC6VHCbnZYa440RGusOsXPDy03DrNDLPd5T8QhTVCAwyKJTiUBzKmt29Cx-KOIUbhl61LpuMra3sX6pOxXuv7Am-St5sNIeaE-cQzd9JB6tsxIGZK975DwBDw1nP1gAMkTuWyCELHMMUEigaPolqIyj3=w511-h908-no

By the way - do any of you have any vendors better than Whisky Exchange for getting booze that's not readily available in the States?

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Tito’s, Kahlua , and T2 for my White Russian fix thanks BoozeCube BoozeCube and the eggnog derail for getting back into my 1999 White Russian fix again.

1542424473038.jpeg

Last edited:

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
No idea where to put this.

Tried Sake for the 1st time...Not to my taste this brand. Any recommendations?
Sake.jpg

fris

Blackwing Lair Raider
I like Macallan's 12 and I like Old Fashioneds. Every time I go out it always costs a shit ton of $$ to get buzzed, 6 Mac 12 doubles is like $140 (It's very expensive for me to get drunk these days) and I need a cheaper drink to hang out with people on. Trouble is finding something with that fits the bill and does not taste like varnish. I'd like to reduce my per drink price to around 6-8$.

When I network with upper managers and I am trying to get a job (currently) I like to still drink Mac's 12.

Thanks

sorry for the necro, but i can relate. if you're networking, that's kind of something where you have to bite the bullet. there's some industries where that's part of the gig. my best friend manages a steakhouse, it's like jumping a tax bracket anytime i hang out w/ him.

depending on who you're hanging out w/, vodka is viewed far more agreeably by the whiskey crowd. whiskey drinkers understand vodka's purpose, to get alcohol w/ a little flavor as possible. w/ soda or a dry martini doesn't require anything expansive and 90% of vodkas don't go over $50 a bottle so should fall into the 6-8 range.

if you really want to stick w/ whiskey and enjoy old fashioned (i go back and forth between that and manhattons), there's no reason to go w/ something crazy expansive. makers mark or a decent rye should again fall in that range.