LK-99 Room-temperature Superconductor

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
Litmus Test for modern reality...

... if this was legit the Chinese would have already stolen it.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Litmus Test for modern reality...

... if this was legit the Chinese would have already stolen it.

They were the first to "replicate". Probably already working on it.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
a++ thread

Void Void chasing down this nonsense UAP Patent thread so I don't have to, thumbs up

Palum Palum emotionally attached to this device not working, keep it up brother.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Palum

what Suineg set it to
a++ thread

Void Void chasing down this nonsense UAP Patent thread so I don't have to, thumbs up

Palum Palum emotionally attached to this device not working, keep it up brother.
No I want it to work but not until the religious cult of science is destroyed. Any accidental progress is another decade of slavery to this ideology.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
a++ thread

MusicForFish MusicForFish Is it possible Tuco is lazier than I am?

ancient aliens yes GIF

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
This is quickly becoming the room temperature IQ thread.

• 2Worf

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Too bad for us capitalists that it's cheap. Communists gonna blow past us.

Palum

what Suineg set it to

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>

tl;dw It isn't really doing any of the things it is claimed to do yet, and only somewhat acts like a dielectric. Anton is a good presenter though if you don't look directly at him for all the edits, and don't mind his accent, so it is worth a listen if you have time.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Palum

what Suineg set it to

tl;dw It isn't really doing any of the things it is claimed to do yet, and only somewhat acts like a dielectric. Anton is a good presenter though if you don't look directly at him for all the edits, and don't mind his accent, so it is worth a listen if you have time.
Your forum title makes you suspect

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Your forum title makes you suspect
There is a not very exciting history to it. Short version, MFF has told me dozens of times that we already have anti-gravity tech from either downed spacecraft or help from NHI or some other bullshit (fuck if I can get a straight answer about it), and it will be revealed any day now. I am skeptical of that claim. I'd LOVE for it to become a reality, so I'm not actually anti-antigravity, but we do not currently have anything remotely close yet.

• 1Jonesing

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>

However, collaborator of the Quantum Energy Research Institute acknowledge that "it is difficult to make the exact same material using the same 'recipe'." "LK-99 is a ceramic compound, which is similar to firing pottery," said Park Jin-ho, vice president of Korea Institute of Energy Technology, which is collaborating with the institute. "Just as firing pottery produces completely different pottery even when using the same ingredients, there are definitely know-how of the company that cannot be captured in the paper." In other words, it is most accurate to test the reproducibility of LK-99 using a sample of LK-99.

Hard to say whether this is them saying that they intentionally/accidentally left out details in the process vs their publication not attempting to fully describe how to produce LK-99 and instead focused on its properties and existence.

If someone creates a super-material like LK-99 and there's a rush to publish it for whatever reason, it'll probably look something like this. If a group of scientists are out of money and are looking to scam some group for money, it'll probably look something like this.

I'm guessing the first group to publish solid info is the Korean verification committee. Unless they stall and the LK-99 creators publish the full recipe and someone else replicates it. Being a layman I don't really believe it until an American university publishes its findings and Neil Degrass Tyson makes a video about it with a lot of production value.

• 1Like

Palum

what Suineg set it to
There is a not very exciting history to it. Short version, MFF has told me dozens of times that we already have anti-gravity tech from either downed spacecraft or help from NHI or some other bullshit (fuck if I can get a straight answer about it), and it will be revealed any day now. I am skeptical of that claim. I'd LOVE for it to become a reality, so I'm not actually anti-antigravity, but we do not currently have anything remotely close yet.
Mmmhmmmm, that's JUST what a real flat earth pro grav would say

• 2Worf