Loki

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Episode 2 was a little better but still meh and slow moving. The only thing these shows really do right is the scenes where to main characters just sit and banter. Its by far the most enjoyable and memorable parts.

• 1Like
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 1 users

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
thor 3 sucked as i wanted a real planet hulk movie.
It would have made for a great trilogy, probably because MCU in its heyday proved they could make good movies but we got most of it through the other movies and Disney wasn't going to buy another movie studio for Mark Ruffalo.

Edit: theory floating around that End Credits in other languages potentially give away plot spoilers; if you look Youtube easily found.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
It would have made for a great trilogy, probably because MCU in its heyday proved they could make good movies but we got most of it through the other movies and Disney wasn't going to buy another movie studio for Mark Ruffalo.

Edit: theory floating around that End Credits in other languages potentially give away plot spoilers; if you look Youtube easily found.
yeah, we've talked about it. credits called lady loki "sylvie." but i think someone else mentioned that somewhere else IN the show, one of the files that loki looks at calls her "Sylvie Laufeysdottir." sylvie could a) be sylvie lushton, the 2nd enchantress created by loki, b) a heretofore unknown sister of loki's or c) actual lady loki variant, but doesn't want to be called loki for some undisclosed reason. both b and c could be using the name sylvie as just a nod to the comics or could be adapting the comics to the MCU in the same way they did with Hela.

PERSONALLY i think they are going with a. the rumor mill is thinking that richard e grant is playing old man loki/king loki and it's possible that THAT variant created lady loki/sylvie. in the comics, loki just straight up created sylvie lushton out of thin air and made a whole backstory for her memories but not even odin has been shown to be that powerful in the MCU, so maybe richard e grant sort of forced a lady loki into existence as a variant by playing around with the timeline somehow, and while she IS loki, she doesn't want to BE loki because grant loki was awful to her.

it keeps tom hiddleston as a "good guy" while still showing that loki/white males are evil and that women are just the victims. but sophie di martino is still white, so she is evil.

i started writing that out as a joke but honestly i bet that is 100% what happens, knowing disney

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Haus

<Silver Donator>
thor 3 sucked as i wanted a real planet hulk movie.

I agree on this front in some respects. Thor 3 was a great movie, but at the same time robbed us of the use of Planet Hulk. Of course there is the problem that Marvel was limited by licensing that they couldn't do a stand alone Hulk film. So this was really the only way we were even getting a partial Planet Hulk and means we'll never see a WWH.

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I agree on this front in some respects. Thor 3 was a great movie, but at the same time robbed us of the use of Planet Hulk. Of course there is the problem that Marvel was limited by licensing that they couldn't do a stand alone Hulk film. So this was really the only way we were even getting a partial Planet Hulk and means we'll never see a WWH.

Motherfuckers in suits ruining it for the real fans. We've had to endure some terrible movies because those assholes wouldn't share their toys.

I looking at you X-Men, Spiderman, Fantastic Four, Hulk.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Considering that every solo hulk movie has been trash, you should be thankful you aren’t getting wwh

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Considering that every solo hulk movie has been trash, you should be thankful you aren’t getting wwh
All the stand alone Hulk movies weren't done by the actual Marvel Studios. But also WWH would require just about every license holder letting their IP intermingle (Unless you want to do Illuminati without Reed Richards, and the rest with no Mutants... (although mutants I guess are handled now)) which would be why it wouldn't ever happen.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I can't quite get there with this. I feel like Black Panther is definitely in the lower tier of MCU movies, but it has some moments and I mostly like Bozeman on screen while Larson just sucks and Captain Marvel has basically nothing going for it.
I was never able to finish Thor dark world, black panther or captain marvel. I think i only made it 40% of captain marvel before giving up, which is pretty bad for liking the comic. Dark world had a lot of moments i remember but just failed, pretty much all the engame scenes or flashbacks from this series are from dark world

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Sevens

Log Wizard
All the stand alone Hulk movies weren't done by the actual Marvel Studios. But also WWH would require just about every license holder letting their IP intermingle (Unless you want to do Illuminati without Reed Richards, and the rest with no Mutants... (although mutants I guess are handled now)) which would be why it wouldn't ever happen.
act.png

Ed Nortor's Hulk was Marvel, it is part of the MCU. It was distributed by Universal but it was totally Kevin Feige and company that made it.
And The MCU now own both The fantastic four (Reed Richards) and Mutants so they could 100% use them.
The only hold back is that Universal still hold distribution rights to any stand alone hulk movie, which is why you will never see another stand alone movie (unless Marvel gets the rights back)

• 1Solidarity

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I have disliked very few episodes of any of the MCU shows.

Episode 3 of Loki is one of them. Hiddleston's banter still makes it worth watching, but ugh.

So much of this was seemingly throwaway filler as they got acquainted. For a 6 episode show this felt slow and not even like a complete episode. The stuff at the end as they tried to get to the Ark... was just dumb. It looked like they just kept sprinting 20 feet to opposite corners of a virtual set. The way it ended abruptly was just... uninteresting... for what was supposed to be somewhat of a cliffhanger.

Ultimately we got one big piece of information about the core story - everyone at the TVA are variants and don't know it.

Maybe this episode will just end up being an enchantment.

Hopefully there are some cool Easter eggs, the planet Lamentis made one appearance in the comics - Lamentis

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm

Episode 3 of Loki is one of them. Hiddleston's banter still makes it worth watching, but ugh.

So much of this was seemingly throwaway filler as they got acquainted. For a 6 episode show this felt slow and not even like a complete episode. The stuff at the end as they tried to get to the Ark... was just dumb. It looked like they just kept sprinting 20 feet to opposite corners of a virtual set. The way it ended abruptly was just... uninteresting... for what was supposed to be somewhat of a cliffhanger.

Ultimately we got one big piece of information about the core story - everyone at the TVA are variants and don't know it.

Hopefully there are some cool Easter eggs, the planet Lamentis made one appearance in the comics - Lamentis

Pretty much agree, pure filler episode.

• 1Like

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Loki episode 3 is the worst episode of any of the 3 series so far. That is saying something since half of Wandavision and most of Falcon/Winter Solider was below average.

• 1Garbage
  • 1Like

Sterling

El Presidente

Started out fine, then basically not much happened. There wasn't anything that actively irritated me the way sam's speech did for example at least. The revelation about the TVA was a thing though, but it definitely felt like about 3/4 of the episode was literally padding.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>

Hiddleston warned us in an interview that the good stuff actually is on ep 4-5, apparently.

nu_11

Episode 3 is a filler episode with poor character banter.

• 2Like

Sterling

El Presidente
Imagine having such a shit writing room that you have to have a filler episode in a 6 week mini-series.
Yeah the first ~ 10 minutes felt like it was building up to something, and then nothing really happened for 30 minutes besides that one reveal.

• 1Like