Loki

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Illusion vs duplication seems to be Chekov's gun for this show.
Rather than some crazy Owen Wilson theory I think we'll learn it applied to the Thanos kill and the TVA had no idea since it was an apocalypse.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Daidraco

Rather than some crazy Owen Wilson theory I think we'll learn it applied to the Thanos kill and the TVA had no idea since it was an apocalypse.
But Thanos wasnt killed there? Its a good take, but maybe I personally am missing what you're talking about? If it unwraps like that, Ill be pleasantly surprised.

Malakriss

But Thanos wasnt killed there? Its a good take, but maybe I personally am missing what you're talking about? If it unwraps like that, Ill be pleasantly surprised.
Thanos killing Loki, that's supposed to be the whole critical point of his future story that will make this variant act differently. He was allegedly killed along with all of the other asgardians who survived Surtur as the first apocalypse and then ran into Thanos for a second one. Loki reading the details of Ragnarok was also a Chekov's gun.

• 1Like

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
i'm... almost positive that's not girl loki. it's enchantress. or rather, the 2nd enchantress. the first one is named Amora, and the second one was created by loki, modeled after Amora, but is named Sylvie Lushton. the credits call her "Sylvie," she says she doesn't like being called Loki, and loki specifically calls out her powers as being "enchantment"
Spent a few minutes zapping through a few nerd channels where they spent time watching at like 1/10th speed to see everything.

She is listed on the file they give Loki to study as "Sylvie Laufreysdottir". My guess is she's not a Loki Variant. She's a Variant of Loki's twin sister, squirreled away to Earth, where she remained blissfully unaware of her pedigree until more recently. That explains her disliking to be mixed with her better known brother, and her remark about how "it's not always about you" (since she's definitively not her brother). Her persona is almost certainly based on Sylvie Lushton, but she's definitively of the same pedigree as Loki.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I’m enjoying Tom and Owen together, they have great chemistry but overall not sure about the show as a whole. There’s been too much time spent explaining the TVA, multiverse, time travel and other rules. I understand why it’s needed since it’s mostly new stuff, but hopefully explanations are done and we can actually tell the story now.

I think it will suffer the same fate as the other 2 shows so far…and that’s they are not meant to stand on their own really, their primary purpose is too setup phase 4. That has hurt both previous shows in my opinion, even though I enjoyed them. The real payoff for all 3 shows is really going to be in the movies.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Spent a few minutes zapping through a few nerd channels where they spent time watching at like 1/10th speed to see everything.

She is listed on the file they give Loki to study as "Sylvie Laufreysdottir". My guess is she's not a Loki Variant. She's a Variant of Loki's twin sister, squirreled away to Earth, where she remained blissfully unaware of her pedigree until more recently. That explains her disliking to be mixed with her better known brother, and her remark about how "it's not always about you" (since she's definitively not her brother). Her persona is almost certainly based on Sylvie Lushton, but she's definitively of the same pedigree as Loki.
yeah, the MCU makes some changes here and there like hela being thor's sister instead of loki's daughter. i'd guess they'd do something similar with sylvie not being directly created by loki. in mythology all the gods were related and it didn't necessarily mean much as far as power goes, but on the big screen, we just assume that if loki made sylvie he'd be more powerful than her, and they want to have her as an actual threat

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
It's crazy how decidedly average all of the Marvel related Disney + has been. You have a license to print money and make awesome shit and even this, while better than the two previous shows (at least so far) just isn't great. I'm not even arsed about the next episode really and am just hanging around because there is nothing else to watch.

3rd show, more big meeeeeeeh from me. So disappointing.....

• 2Like
  • 1Edgelord
Reactions: 2 users

Fadaar

That guy
It's crazy how decidedly average all of the Marvel related Disney + has been. You have a license to print money and make awesome shit and even this, while better than the two previous shows (at least so far) just isn't great. I'm not even arsed about the next episode really and am just hanging around because there is nothing else to watch.

It's also their first foray into TV with the MCU, at least I'm calling it that since I'd assume all three series were filmed around the same time. Favreau struck gold with the original Iron Man but the next few movies, while mediocre at worst and good at best, are all bottom of the MCU tier. The Incredible Hulk (yeah, we can't forget that exists), Iron Man 2, Thor, Cap 1? All bottom of the MCU barrel. Avengers was great, and then the next two were REAL stinkers in IM3 and Thor 2. Winter Soldier is where the MCU REALLY took off (IMO). That being said though they know what fuckin' works and I think they don't want to do anything too huge outside of the movies which is why there's a constant nagging feeling like they're holding back or going soft on the content.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm

Trying to make a 1.5 hour movie into an 8 hour long movie is just such a bad idea. Theres maybe 2 episodes per season that are good, the rest is all filler bullshit that drags on forever.

• 1Like

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
It's also their first foray into TV with the MCU, at least I'm calling it that since I'd assume all three series were filmed around the same time. Favreau struck gold with the original Iron Man but the next few movies, while mediocre at worst and good at best, are all bottom of the MCU tier. The Incredible Hulk (yeah, we can't forget that exists), Iron Man 2, Thor, Cap 1? All bottom of the MCU barrel. Avengers was great, and then the next two were REAL stinkers in IM3 and Thor 2. Winter Soldier is where the MCU REALLY took off (IMO). That being said though they know what fuckin' works and I think they don't want to do anything too huge outside of the movies which is why there's a constant nagging feeling like they're holding back or going soft on the content.
You're an idiot. Cap1 is fantastic. Thor 1 is mediocre iron man two is balls and hulk is a c minus.

• 1Worf

Xevy

Log Wizard
Cap 1 wasn't great. The CGI was dated and the fucking nerf guns the Nazis used were terrible. The first half of Thor, in Asgard, was really good. After that it was meh.

• 2Pathetic
  • 1Garbage

Sterling

El Presidente
Even IM2 and Thor 2 were only mediocre by MCU standards. Honestly, the only MCU movie I'd consider actually bad is Captain Marvel.

• 2Like
  • 1Salty

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
cap 1 had some pretty ground breaking special effects that LOOK simple but are mind blowingly complicated. pre serum steve needed some crazy effects to pull off.

Sterling

El Presidente
Black Panther was almost as bad as Captain Marvel.
I can't quite get there with this. I feel like Black Panther is definitely in the lower tier of MCU movies, but it has some moments and I mostly like Bozeman on screen while Larson just sucks and Captain Marvel has basically nothing going for it.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Cap 1 is a little better with age, but Thor 1 and 2 were complete garbage and so was IM2.

• 1Cringe
  • 1Worf
  • 1Garbage

Xevy

Log Wizard
Captain Marvel and Black Panther aren't awful, they're just not good and they came out JUST after MCU movies so they were a huge letdown. They're probably one tier off the bottom rung with shit like IM2 and Thor 2.

• 1Garbage

Merrith

Even IM2 and Thor 2 were only mediocre by MCU standards. Honestly, the only MCU movie I'd consider actually bad is Captain Marvel.

Sorry Thor 2 is easily the worst. It's just not close.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
Sorry Thor 2 is easily the worst. It's just not close.
Thor 2 is just filler. It's not bad, I like it well enough but it's just filler with characters I like. They didn't have any clear direction for Thor at that point; it was just a way to get Hemsworth back on screen and get another Infinity stone in the MCU. Cap 1 isn't a great movie by cinematic standards but I will watch it every time its on; its one of my favorite "origin story" super hero movies. It's just so upbeat. I was not a fan of Evans as Cap when he was announced given his history as Human Torch but he made me a believer.

• 1Like

Merrith

Thor 2 is just filler. It's not bad, I like it well enough but it's just filler with characters I like. They didn't have any clear direction for Thor at that point; it was just a way to get Hemsworth back on screen and get another Infinity stone in the MCU.

Gotta disagree, it was pretty shit. That's half the reason I assume we all loved Thor 3 so much is it was such a massive turnaround after his 2nd movie was just so blah. The massive jumps from Cap 1 to Cap 2 and Thor 2 to Thor 3 were insane.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users