Loki

Cybsled

There was a lot more here than TVA reveal

The bits about barely remembering mother, just sort of learning magic, not having a plan beyond fucking up the TVA, etc lends more weight to the King Loki creating her

That being said, you do need to toss in some character relationship building to go from “lol f u die” to “let’s work together”. They did that for Loki and Mobius as well

Last edited:

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Loki being an absolute drunken buffoon while Sylvie is a consummate, driven professional is a bit silly.

*edit*

also fuckin lol @ having a filler episode in a season that's only 6 episodes long.

Last edited:

Cybsled

I think it’s better to think of them as 6 hour movies vs a regular series, TBH

spronk

FPS noob
yeah that was just a bizarre episode. It felt like a clip show episode for a network 22 episode procedural. A few things triggered me, like the moon (although Loki referred to it as a planet) crashing should have been on fire, and I think it would happen in a few minutes or hour at most, giant celestial bodies don't slowly drift into each other.

That entire ping pong sequence in a rave escape room looked stupid as hell. I guess the only hope is that they just straightforward laid out whats going on, she in fact has mind controlled Loki from the start and this is all in his head, but then why not use the destruction of Asgard... Alternatively, maybe Loki learned quickly how mind enchantment works and this is all in Sylvie's head now, and that planet is where she is from or something and Loki is learning about her.

On the plus side i guess only 3 episodes left, so how bad can it get? hahaha

Last edited:

Cybsled

If you break them down, they more of less have movie acts

Intro
Raise stakes
Somber/quiet/humor/exposition part
Raise stakes again
Climax and finale

Sterling

El Presidente
There was a lot more here than TVA reveal

The bits about barely remembering mother, just sort of learning magic, not having a plan beyond fucking up the TVA, etc lends more weight to the King Loki creating her

That being said, you do need to toss in some character relationship building to go from “lol f u die” to “let’s work together”. They did that for Loki and Mobius as well
Fair enough, it wasn't literally just the one reveal. It still dragged on forever and the character progression didn't really make much sense.

Bonch

Golden Knight of the Realm
I enjoyed the final sequence of the episode, particularly because it was filed as if it were one long take, but also because the town reminded me so much of Wall Market in FFVII. I was hoping for chocobos!

Beyond that, meh.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

I just had a thought...at the end, when that building collapses, Loki just freezes it and levitates it back up. Have we seen that type of power before? Makes me wonder if he secretly pocketed that Time Stone in episode 1 and that will end up being how they escape

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
I just had a thought...at the end, when that building collapses, Loki just freezes it and levitates it back up. Have we seen that type of power before? Makes me wonder if he secretly pocketed that Time Stone in episode 1 and that will end up being how they escape
That would be kinda cool. Maybe use it to get to the ship sooner before it blows. Would be more of a complete waste of episode then it already is though. This episode really should have been about 20 minutes.

Fadaar

That guy
Not gonna shit on the episode too hard until after I see ep 4

Or, an idea I'm stealing from ScreenCrush (good YouTube channel), using the stone to rewind the TVA remote thingy to a point where it has battery and this whole sequence is him testing Sylvie. Like he knows it's a race against the clock with the impending planetary destruction but it's an event whose timeline is already known so he can wait until the last second to play his hand.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
What kind of lazy ass civilization waits until the last minute to evacuate? Planets don't exactly sneak up on you.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

Got something right about marriage
The kind that has soldiers willing to fight people to keep them off the evacuation shuttle even though they are going to die anyway. Since... they aren't on the shuttle.

• 4Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Cybsled

What kind of lazy ass civilization waits until the last minute to evacuate? Planets don't exactly sneak up on you.

Our civilization no doubt. You'd have dipshits in denial all the way until the end.

• 1Salty
Reactions: 1 user

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Not gonna shit on the episode too hard until after I see ep 4

Or, an idea I'm stealing from ScreenCrush (good YouTube channel), using the stone to rewind the TVA remote thingy to a point where it has battery and this whole sequence is him testing Sylvie. Like he knows it's a race against the clock with the impending planetary destruction but it's an event whose timeline is already known so he can wait until the last second to play his hand.

...or Loki is the father of lies, and the broken time warp device was just an illusion.

Also, what are Loki's powers as established in the franchise movies? I though he could teleport and turn invisible, making most of the episode seem silly.

Small nitpick: The lack of projectile weapons funny. We see one sonic type hand cannon, but all the guards have batons?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
My bet is that he figures out some way to disrupt the timeline enough to draw TVA people to rescue them. Which saving the escape ship would have done.

Also for some reason I now think it's weird that Mobius knew about D.B. Cooper. The TVA is responsible for policing the timeline of an entire universe but he knows about such an insignificant event from a single world right off the top of his head?