Loki

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
With as many movies as there are in the MCU, it is way too much work to keep straight what happened in thor1 vs thor 2 or 3. Fuck that. Was he awesome whenever he was on screen no matter who's movie it was? Then he was awesome.

Sterling

El Presidente
With as many movies as there are in the MCU, it is way too much work to keep straight what happened in thor1 vs thor 2 or 3. Fuck that. Was he awesome whenever he was on screen no matter who's movie it was? Then he was awesome.
I mean there was a significant change in tone with Ragnarok. They went from being mostly serious to being GotG style silly and it was a good improvement to the character. Hemsworth has better comic timing than you'd think and it worked out rather well.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Thor 2 is more forgettable than bad. I wouldn't be surprised if most of the people in this thread can't even name the villains in Thor 2 off the top of their head, despite being a forum of nerds.

Captain Marvel and Black Panther are both aggressively bad.

• 5Like
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 5 users

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I mean there was a significant change in tone with Ragnarok. They went from being mostly serious to being GotG style silly and it was a good improvement to the character. Hemsworth has better comic timing than you'd think and it worked out rather well.
Well 2 things. First yeah, ragnarok was different because it was so good. Or maybe it was memorable because it was so different. But second, while ragnorok was good and memorable, the others meld together and I couldn't have told you that was thor3 if not for the context in this thread.

That's what I'm saying. It's way too much work to keep all the movies separate in my head. At the time of the movie I can say it sucked or it was good, but by the next year, I only remember the movie holistically as part of each hero's story. Thor is awesome. Capt Marvel sucks. Black widow is awesome. Etc.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Thor 2 is more forgettable than bad. I wouldn't be surprised if most of the people in this thread can't even name the villains in Thor 2 off the top of their head, despite being a forum of nerds.

Captain Marvel and Black Panther are both aggressively bad.

The Dark Elves. And they were shit.

• 1Like
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 1 users

Sevens

Log Wizard
Malakith, and the only reason I remember that is I was a huge 9th fan and when they announced him as the villain I was stoked...then massively disappointed.

Edit: And even though I did not google the name, it took me about 5 mins of seriously thinking on it to recall it

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Malakith, and the only reason I remember that is I was a huge 9th fan and when they announced him as the villain I was stoked...then massively disappointed.

Edit: And even though I did not google the name, it took me about 5 mins of seriously thinking on it to recall it
but can you name the other guy?

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Dude with horns in his head
Guardians Of The Galaxy GIF

Sevens

Log Wizard
but can you name the other guy?
I had just watched some DvD extras and they were talking about this dude, hes the one who took the pill and transformed into the roid monster....wasnt it Curse of something of that sort?

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
One day I rerolled a perfect GotK and i made such ridiculous bank off selling it even though the difference between a perfect and a 95th percentile was so negligible.
I think I got a near perfect one on my Silver Surfer. Tied so well to his AOE damage.

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Winter Soldier is where the MCU REALLY took off (IMO).
WS is the most over rated movie in the whole MCU. It sets up great stories, it ties in great characters, but as an actual movie? I've fallen asleep at some point during nearly every viewing.

Its necessary and important to the MCU but like most Cap focused stories, ends up being mostly boring sorta-comic-bookish sorta-spy stuff. Which is booooooring to watch. I'd write a longer post about it but I'm already bored with thinking about it

• 2Seriously?
  • 2WTF
  • 1Edgelord
Reactions: 7 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yeah no surprise that you can't name them either.

Legit didn't know you just wanted the individual names. Even the Dark Elves as a whole were so forgettable wouldn't be shocked if most don't even remember that. Such a bad movie.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
WS is the most over rated movie in the whole MCU. It sets up great stories, it ties in great characters, but as an actual movie? I've fallen asleep at some point during nearly every viewing.

Its necessary and important to the MCU but like most Cap focused stories, ends up being mostly boring sorta-comic-bookish sorta-spy stuff. Which is booooooring to watch. I'd write a longer post about it but I'm already bored with thinking about it
I'm glad you set us all straight. It seems most of us incorrectly really like the cap stories so it's a good thing you came in with an objective point of view and showed us all how wrong we've been.

Also as far as the Thor 3 stuff goes I'm torn. It's objectively a better movie than Thor 1 and 2, and a lot of that has to do with understanding the character better... But it's TOO funny. The emotional beats are completely undercut because they have to tell a joke every 2 minutes.

But Hemsworth is honestly a great actor and has brilliant comedic timing so I'm glad he got to stretch those muscles. But then it also turns Thor as a character into a joke so /shrug

• 4Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 5 users