Loki

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Well the choices are either bad writing or "good writing" acting like it is bad writing?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm kind of embarrassed to admit that it never even occurred to me that he could be faking the damage, although I'm pretty sure he isn't and they turned him into a buffoon on purpose.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

Maybe, although acting the part of the fool would be a good ruse. If you lower people’s expectations of you, they are less likely to expect something monumental from you

• 1Like

Fadaar

That guy
it all being him fucking around to try and get a read on Sylvie would be good and completely in character. well, at least the Loki we know. who knows with the 2020 and beyond writers.

Last edited:

spronk

FPS noob
Loki raising the giant stone pillar when it falls is a big red flag that something is wrong, since he's never really exhibited that kind of power before afaik

its either a (1) time or other infinity stone (2) the whole setup is an illusion inside sylvie (or lokis) mind or (3) the writers suck and don't care about who has what powers. we'll find out next episode!

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Loki raising the giant stone pillar when it falls is a big red flag that something is wrong, since he's never really exhibited that kind of power before afaik

its either a (1) time or other infinity stone (2) the whole setup is an illusion inside sylvie (or lokis) mind or (3) the writers suck and don't care about who has what powers. we'll find out next episode!
unfortunately the previous D+ shows have conditioned me to think 3 is most likely

• 1Like

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Im in the minority here, but I thought episode 3 was the best one so far. I enjoyed the bantering between the 2 Loki's.

• 1Like
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 1 users

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Episode was fller shit only yhing useful in the eppisode was he now knows they are alll variants. Loki is actually strong so people throwing him around in the show is retarded

Last edited:

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I enjoyed the last episode. Slightly torn on the borderline Yorkshire accent she had and it does make me wonder when you lot will ever accept Brits don't always have to play your villians.

I mean, it's been 245 years since you showed us the door, let it go already.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Burns

I enjoyed the last episode. Slightly torn on the borderline Yorkshire accent she had and it does make me wonder when you lot will ever accept Brits don't always have to play your villians.

A British accent sounds fancy to the American ear. We hear it and automatically think they are high society.

Bullet Tooth Tony: A right fancy motherfucker who also knows french
Michael Peterson (Bronson): Probably the Queen's second cousin thrice removed
Al Swearengen: An obvious man of refined tastes

• 3Worf
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 3 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Swearengen didn't have a British accent. Though he was obviously a man of refined tastes.

• 1Solidarity

Aldarion

Egg Nazi

Its just the most convenient shortcut. There isnt another accent that makes you want to punch a person in the face so strongly as that smarmy fancy-ass British one.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Burns

Swearengen didn't have a British accent. Though he was obviously a man of refined tastes.

Ah right, the character was from England, but dropped the accent.

I was having a hard time thinking of a good bad guy, in an American production, with a British accent (since the other 2 were entirely UK productions). My first thought as a third pick, was Richard Roper (The Night Manager), but that character was an actually super rich high society guy, and it was another UK production.

rhinohelix

Dental Dammer
<Gold Donor>

I guess I know too many Brits, and/or too many British accents to think that. I find most of them comforting, like meeting an old friend, since I work with so many.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
"Keep, ancient lands, your storied pomp!"

• 1Like

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ah right, the character was from England, but dropped the accent.

I was having a hard time thinking of a good bad guy, in an American production, with a British accent (since the other 2 were entirely UK productions). My first thought as a third pick, was Richard Roper (The Night Manager), but that character was an actually super rich high society guy, and it was another UK production.

I can think of a few, Andy Serkis, Ian McDiarmid, Mark Strong, Anthony Hopkins, Guy Pearce, Tom Hardy, and Chiwetel Ejiofor.

Burns

I can think of a few, Andy Serkis, Ian McDiarmid, Mark Strong, Anthony Hopkins, Guy Pearce, Tom Hardy, and Chiwetel Ejiofor.

I was going for the iconic characters, not the actors.

Andy Serkis played a villain with a British accent?
I guess McDiamrid playing Papls in the prequels had a accent, but I have a hard time hearing it when he becomes Emp.
Never seen Mark Strong in any iconic villain roll.
Hannibal Lector did come to mind, but he was depicted in the first movie (the only one I saw) as actually being a fancy pants doctor that just happened to like eating people.
Never seen Guy Pearce in any iconic villain roll.
Tom Hardy played Michael Peterson (Bronson), yarp.
The only villain I have seen Chiwetel Ejiofor play was the agent in Serenity, but yea, he was outstanding in that role.

spronk

FPS noob
it would be weird for Loki to have a british accent but his variant to speak in a Georgia drawl

what they should have done is made her deaf and mute

• 1Worf

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
wow GIF

Edit: and stick around for the post credit scene, lol.

• 1Like