Loki

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Sylvie asks the real important question : "what was the nexus event that prompted her to be nabbed?".

In theory the sacred timeline could only be fucked with as a result of time travel / manipulation and yet we see that she existed for years before they came for her... So it doesn't add up. Was she spontaneously created ? If then why does she have memories from before that point?

It all points to the multiverse being real in at least some way but then it begs the question as to what the TVA is really about.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
If we go with the Kang angle, then maximizing the number of timelines that increase your chances of success in conquering those universes would be the most logical reason.

I don’t think she was super special unto herself, but she is serving as a catalyst for more splits from the “ideal” timeline.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
This is why time travel is ultimately a fucking terrible plot device.

How was she even a variant? Was the fact that she was a female Loki at all what made her a variant? If so then why did it take 5 years for her to generate a nexus event? Are those little reset charges supposed to be so powerful that they reset that timeline all the way back to before she was born so that male Loki was born, cause I was under the impression their capabilities were relatively limited.

No matter which way this story ends up going I'm pretty sure it will be absolutely filled with plot holes that we're just supposed to ignore because 'time travel'.

• 1Like

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Sylvie asks the real important question : "what was the nexus event that prompted her to be nabbed?".

In theory the sacred timeline could only be fucked with as a result of time travel / manipulation and yet we see that she existed for years before they came for her... So it doesn't add up. Was she spontaneously created ? If then why does she have memories from before that point?

It all points to the multiverse being real in at least some way but then it begs the question as to what the TVA is really about.
I expect this was all set in motion for her to do what she ultimately ends up doing (the events of this series), rather than the impetus being an event in the past.

uncognito

Trakanon Raider
During that elevator scene, I was expecting sylvie's crime to be something small and ridiculous. Like she was supposed to leave her toys on the ground so that Odin would trip on them, and get distracted then not do something else important for the time line.

Also I hope the 'other analysts' are just different variants of mobius that are unaware of each other.

Last edited:

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
What if there was no nexus event for female loki and that dumbass head chick did it for a reason. She seemed super nervous when they got female loki when she was a child. She gets nervous when mobius is figuring shit out. Wonder if it's connected.

• 1Garbage

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
This is why time travel is ultimately a fucking terrible plot device.

How was she even a variant? Was the fact that she was a female Loki at all what made her a variant? If so then why did it take 5 years for her to generate a nexus event? Are those little reset charges supposed to be so powerful that they reset that timeline all the way back to before she was born so that male Loki was born, cause I was under the impression their capabilities were relatively limited.

No matter which way this story ends up going I'm pretty sure it will be absolutely filled with plot holes that we're just supposed to ignore because 'time travel'.

Her being a female wasn't the main variance, it was probably actions she did that would have set her on a different path than "sacred timeline" Loki. One video I watched pointed out that when little Sylvie was playing with the toys, she was pretending to save the realm from the dragon. The variance might have been she was moving squarely into a hero type role and would not have become a villain, which would have not meshed with sacred timeline expectation of Loki.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
i don't get whats going on at all tbh, maybe i'm just dumb but where the fuck did loki go lol? he literally got zapped. i ended the episode thinking "oh cool cool cool they killed off the only 2 good characters cool cool cool" and the post credits told me nothing other than Gandalf and Frodo are inviting Loki to a lemon party

I just don't get why they keep putting in unnecessary fight scenes either, the fight at the end was god awful choreography and visuals and totally unnecessary. The Time Keeper shit is goofy as hell.

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
I liked that they used the comic book Loki classic costume for one variant plus he looked to me kind of bitter and older than the movie Loki, which is more or less spot on for the old comic book Loki.

• 2Like
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 2 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
There's far too many Variants for only one timeline, I wouldn't be surprised if there was a limited number of timelines (3 seems like a good number) and they strictly need to control them to ensure a future event happens exactly the way they want it to. But darn mortals keep hopping back and forth crossing over and screwing it up.

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
i don't get whats going on at all tbh, maybe i'm just dumb but where the fuck did loki go lol? he literally got zapped. i ended the episode thinking "oh cool cool cool they killed off the only 2 good characters cool cool cool" and the post credits told me nothing other than Gandalf and Frodo are inviting Loki to a lemon party

I just don't get why they keep putting in unnecessary fight scenes either, the fight at the end was god awful choreography and visuals and totally unnecessary. The Time Keeper shit is goofy as hell.

The background in the credits scene is a ruined NYC (you can see a fucked up Avengers Tower to the right). So it looks like that instead of erasing people, those staffs presumably send people to alternate timelines instead (which unto themselves shouldnt exist if there is only "one sacred timeline", so yet more trickery on behalf of the TVA). So seems logical that the timeline they are in involves The Avengers losing the battle in the 1st Avengers movie.

That is why I think the ultimate "big reveal" will be that there are alternate timelines/universes, but the TVA's real mission is to try to consolidate as many of those timelines as possible into more or less similar timelines, in an effort to control them. There are way too many Kang the Conqueror hints in this show (the judge lady is his girlfriend in the comics, and Kang is showing up in the next Antman movie that deals with the Quantum Realm, which is potentially where the TVA is located).

• 1Like

Zweischneid

Molten Core Raider
Well, presumably the other Lokis are all the previously zapped Lokis, given they said the TVA zapped more Loki-Variants than any other variants. I kinda read it as "pruning" doesn't actually kill them, but throws them onto some scrap heap, post-apoc storage timeline with a bunch of ruins, perhaps no other life at all, and just those pruned variants?

• 1Like

ziggyholiday

<Bronze Donator>
Well, presumably the other Lokis are all the previously zapped Lokis, given they said the TVA zapped more Loki-Variants than any other variants. I kinda read it as "pruning" doesn't actually kill them, but throws them onto some scrap heap, post-apoc storage timeline with a bunch of ruins, perhaps no other life at all, and just those pruned variants?
I'd say there are non-loki's there unless everyone in this picture are in fact Loki variants.

stuff.PNG

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I was thinking how the Time Lords looked like bad animatronics in that scene, and then....

So the big non-Loki question is, who the fuck is guiding the TVA then? Can't be the one black chick over Mobius. I mean, it could be, but that seems completely implausible. I'd be surprised if they pull a "It was Kang all along!" since we've had zero setup involving him. The only people we've had setup for are a few TVA people...and Loki. So is yet another Loki going to be running the show? I hope not, since I can't imagine them coming up with an actual good reason for it, and for allowing all this shit to happen.

• 1Worf

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
I feel like everyone's explanations here are going to be 10x better than what's actually true. Like worse than WandaVision fan theory syndrome.

These phase 4 writers are fucking hacks and this is complete garbage.

• 1Like
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 1 users

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I watch the Emergency Awesome YT vids and I am on the Miss Minutes wagon. The happiest looking character that has been shown to be sentient at times must have a larger role to play. What entity is behind Miss Minutes is still a big question and I would have a hard time believing any character we've been introduced to already is going to be the one.

The last episode was great but I feel I have so many more questions now and with only 2 episodes left I don't know how this could have a satisfying conclusion... especially with a Season 2 already in the works it seems like there will be questions left unanswered.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I watch the Emergency Awesome YT vids and I am on the Miss Minutes wagon. The happiest looking character that has been shown to be sentient at times must have a larger role to play. What entity is behind Miss Minutes is still a big question and I would have a hard time believing any character we've been introduced to already is going to be the one.

The last episode was great but I feel I have so many more questions now and with only 2 episodes left I don't know how this could have a satisfying conclusion... especially with a Season 2 already in the works it seems like there will be questions left unanswered.
Yeah, they probably aren't introducing 'new' characters (surely we get to meet some more Lokis, more people in the devested Earth), but rather the big bad will be someone we already know. So Ms. Minutes or a Loki.

Hard to see them not leaving major breadcrumbs to Kang after all of this though.

Sevens

Log Wizard
I was thinking how the Time Lords looked like bad animatronics in that scene, and then....

So the big non-Loki question is, who the fuck is guiding the TVA then? Can't be the one black chick over Mobius. I mean, it could be, but that seems completely implausible. I'd be surprised if they pull a "It was Kang all along!" since we've had zero setup involving him. The only people we've had setup for are a few TVA people...and Loki. So is yet another Loki going to be running the show? I hope not, since I can't imagine them coming up with an actual good reason for it, and for allowing all this shit to happen.
This is setting up Kang for the Ant man movie...he is the confirmed villian

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
This is setting up Kang for the Ant man movie...he is the confirmed villian
I get that, but if he's the villain of Loki, they have done a piss poor job of setting that up is what I'm saying. So I really don't see him being the puppet master behind Sylvie or the TVA or anything that has happened so far.

• 1Worf