Loki

Cybsled

Even if they don’t make drop him directly, they’ll probably reveal TVA is in quantum realm and that someone else controls that. Then you get your Antman leadin. They aren’t afraid to do film leadins at the end of the show: Wanda teased CM2 and Strange 2, Falcon teased CA4. Loki will probably tease Antman 3.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
I get that, but if he's the villain of Loki, they have done a piss poor job of setting that up is what I'm saying. So I really don't see him being the puppet master behind Sylvie or the TVA or anything that has happened so far.
In the Marvel comics Sylvie was Kang's lover. I can't see anyone else who deals with time other than Kang. I'll be really surprised if it's not him.

spronk

FPS noob
Yeah I have a sad suspicion all of us will be mega disappointed in the ending but hoping I'm wrong. They seem really, really afraid to "go big" in these shows, trying to self contain everything which is the exact opposite of what made MCU successful. Its bizarre.

Like we had all these wild spinning theories about episode 3 and how its all enchantment and whether its in Sylvie's mind or Loki's mind. Nope, turns out both are fucking useless fuckwits and they were ready to die. I don't even get how Loki deciding to finally be vulnerable and love someone - himself, so its pretty much narcissism or incest and REALLY fucked up - created a "time paradox" or whatever bullshit they said to brrr brrrr the spikey line on the 70s CRT. They were seconds away from dying to a crashing planet, WHO GIVES A FUCK if they both just die there? Why would you "rescue" them? I hope an explanation comes out of that but I have a feeling it'll be glossed over.

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah I have a sad suspicion all of us will be mega disappointed in the ending but hoping I'm wrong. They seem really, really afraid to "go big" in these shows, trying to self contain everything which is the exact opposite of what made MCU successful. Its bizarre.

Like we had all these wild spinning theories about episode 3 and how its all enchantment and whether its in Sylvie's mind or Loki's mind. Nope, turns out both are fucking useless fuckwits and they were ready to die. I don't even get how Loki deciding to finally be vulnerable and love someone - himself, so its pretty much narcissism or incest and REALLY fucked up - created a "time paradox" or whatever bullshit they said to brrr brrrr the spikey line on the 70s CRT. They were seconds away from dying to a crashing planet, WHO GIVES A FUCK if they both just die there? Why would you "rescue" them? I hope an explanation comes out of that but I have a feeling it'll be glossed over.
Don’t stop there. At least there could be a reason they needed to save them before they died on the planet, everything after that doesn’t make a god damn bit of sense other than “well so the rest of the story can happen”

why don’t they get pruned immediately after getting back to the tva? For an interrogation when the already know what sylvie’s plan is?

okay if there was an actual point of the interrogation (there wasn’t) why not prune them before taking them to the timekeepers? The robots really wanted to hear some last words?

why are the time keeper guards equipped with pruning wands with spikes and opt to use the stabbing end instead of the instant death end?

why does b-15 give slyvie a sword instead of an insta-gib weapon?

how did the hunter that lost the variant that is bane of the tva’s existence ever rise to the top of the tva?

it’s all fucking terrible.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
This is classic time travel bullshit. Everything that's happening was going to happen anyway. The diverted path was because they were about to die which would throw everything out of whack. That's probably going to be a poor attempt at a mind blowing reveal. That's always the reveal in dumbass time travel plots.

Time travel always sucks. Except Terminator because it doesn't try to be too smart about it.

Sterling

El Presidente
This is classic time travel bullshit. Everything that's happening was going to happen anyway. The diverted path was because they were about to die which would throw everything out of whack. That's probably going to be a poor attempt at a mind blowing reveal. That's always the reveal in dumbass time travel plots.

Time travel always sucks. Except Terminator because it doesn't try to be too smart about it.
Back to the Future and a couple of others were fine too. But you're right in that it works because they don't try too hard to explain it.

Fadaar

That guy
maybe in the future they'll actually take some risks and do real storytelling rather than just movie setups

Zweischneid

Molten Core Raider
/shrug

Last time Disney took risks with an established franchise, everybody got their panties into a twist over the Last Jedi, lol. If the vast majority of the nerd-audience prefers predictable mediocracy over inspiration, why try?

• 2Garbage
  • 2Picard
Reactions: 3 users

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
That last trilogy was pure aids - lets not let that be what taking a risk looks like please.

Sevens

Log Wizard
In the Marvel comics Sylvie was Kang's lover. I can't see anyone else who deals with time other than Kang. I'll be really surprised if it's not him.
Not Sylvie, Renslayer (The Judge) is Kangs lover

• 1Like

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
/shrug

Last time Disney took risks with an established franchise, everybody got their panties into a twist over the Last Jedi, lol. If the vast majority of the nerd-audience prefers predictable mediocracy over inspiration, why try?
If the story telling is done well enough, risks are fine. The last Jedi was an abomination of a movie that had so many flaws that there are youtube videos taking 30+ minutes to explain them all. Please do not site that movie as an example of taking a risk. Rogue One was a descent movie and The Mandalorian did pretty damn good with a final scene that erased the memory of the pitiful stupidity that was The Last Jedi.

• 1Like

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
I feel like you guys are missing the good parts in your efforts to catch them in a plot hole.

Loki has been great. It wouldnt work without the actor, this dude can carry the show by himself easily (but doesnt have to). It sounds ridiculously cheesy when you write it down, but his story is about self growth. Something about accepting that he deserves happiness, or something about learning to care about people outside himself, or something like this.

Writing it down is terribly unsatisfying. But watching it was great. Watching Loki get drunk on the train ride, then falling for Sylvie as the planets blow up around them, that was damn good TV. It showed the story of the forever alone God of Mischief discovering what it means to connect to another person.

Same deal with Wandavision. Yeah there was some dumb stuff not central to the real story. The real story was about Vision. His debate with White Vision, his parting line with Wanda... "I wonder what I'll be next". It told the story of an artificial intelligence contemplating the nature of his existence during a brief period when he'd been brought back to life temporarily.

In terms of the mystery, I'm in the "its all Loki" camp. Something happens during the events of the show that he decides has to happen, so he sets up the TVA to make sure it does. The Sacred Timeline is the one that led to the events of the show, probably to include some big event they havent shown yet. My only problem with this theory is - whoever set up TVA is a bitch to Sylvie for her whole life; be a shitty thing for Loki to do as things look now. I still think its all him.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
i don't get whats going on at all tbh, maybe i'm just dumb but where the fuck did loki go lol? he literally got zapped.
Turns out that being "pruned" doesn't mean killed, but sent into a chronological trash dump. Remember that promo picture where you had an old wooden ship crashed next to a startrek ship? That's where/when Loki's ended up being sent.

Which, of course, means that he's going to stumble upon Mobius again very soon.

• 1Solidarity

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
I enjoyed all the episodes. I dont get why you guys hated the train episode. It clearly established the background for the two lokis having feelings for each other. I told you all Loki is going to fuck loki.
Girl Loki is going to do a matrix style multiverse explosion and pick the one where Male Loki is alive.

It was Miss minutes all along.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I don't care about the plot holes so much. It's been great TV and I look forward to Ep5.
That said, Ep3 did leave me a bit dissatisfied. Ep4 redeemed it though.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
/shrug

That's because the risk they took ending up sucking horribly. At that point it doesn't matter if they took a risk or were edgy as fuck, the end product was bad, and made even less sense in film 8 of a 9 part story.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
"Ended up" implies they couldn't have known their risk would turn out horribly.

When people recommend taking risks, it's assumed you don't forget basic writing tenets like avoiding character assassination and mary sues.

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
Doom, Bishop, Cable, the original Guardians of the Galaxy did a fair bit of time travelling at times. But it's totally gonna be Kang.